ProjectSINQ

I'm new and I'm getting spawned kill. Tips?

ProjectSINQ

I know, git gud.

But please listen:

So today I just FINALLY got access to the alpha and was very excited to join the multiplayer. :D

First tried Scavs on Woods, and got shot within 10 seconds of spawning. Okay, must be bad luck.

Joined as PMC on Factory, got shot by a random player running at my direction 10-15 seconds later. Huh, must be another bad mistake.

Joined as PMC on Factory again, only to be grazed by another random player within 10 seconds, corning me and throwing a grenade at me. Huh.

Joined as PMC on Factory again, only to met and grazed by a player, so I ran the opposite direction, only to meet another player with a shotgun to my stomach. Did I just get ganked?

Joined as PMC on Factory again, only to shot by a random player that was straight at me within 10 seconds, as if he knew exactly where I was. Okay........

I don't want to start hackusations on other online players due to my inexperience in this game, but I'm oddly discourage to play this game in the future. I was crouched and kept silent the entire time, but whenever another player spots me, I get KOS asap as if they knew where the spawn locations where.

I play plenty of other FPS games, such as Rainbow Six Siege, 7 Days to Die, DayZ, and ARMA 2&3, but this experience so far has been not what I anticipated. I'm dying the moment I join the game. And I'm Solid Snake quiet about it too! :ph34r:

Maybe I am doing something wrong. So with all due respect, please help enlighten me on what I can do to not suck and keep dying. :bebad:

Otherwise, I would probably stop playing this game in the future, as I love the concept of the survival FPS genre. Thanks! :beawesome:

Escape_from_Tarkov_001.png

necuja

First try to find someone to play that can help you understand better tactics... Second yes these players probably have factory memorized and know when to look for a player as they know the spawn points and yes most will kill on sight as to woods that's good chance a player or player scav killing you ..

When you've learned factory to its extent you will know where someone will come from and be able to anticipate their approach on your location :P

• Upvote 1

ProjectSINQ

Thanks. I guess I should really practice on offline mode, just so I can know the map much better.

necuja

It will help a lot for sure know your surroundings so no one can get jump on you out of ignorance

army37f
1 minute ago, ProjectSINQ said:

Thanks. I guess I should really practice on offline mode, just so I can know the map much better.

factory is a clusterfuck for new players. if you don't know the spawns you are gonna get killed like no tomorrow. i would recommend the unoffical discord channel and finding a group of guys to help you out, also there is youtube videos on where all the spawn locations are, i recommend watching them then running through offline with no enemies until you can comfortable understand where the spawn locations are in relation to other ones. for example if you spawn by a red light with a vault looking door, you need to turn left and book it as fast as you can into the silos or you will get shot in about 3 seconds. it just takes a bit of practice, as for spawning as a scav on woods, all player scavs spawn at the same spot, leading to alot of killing as you spawn, then your also surrounded by vantage points looking down on you, so anyone with a scope and decent aim can ping you near instantly. group up with some experienced guys and you'll live a lot longer

army37f
1 hour ago, ProjectSINQ said:

And I'm Solid Snake quiet about it too! :ph34r:

Maybe I am doing something wrong. So with all due respect, please help enlighten me on what I can do to not suck and keep dying. :bebad:

Otherwise, I would probably stop playing this game in the future, as I love the concept of the survival FPS genre. Thanks! :beawesome:

you are doing something wrong... you aren't using the cardboard box, very essential to not getting killed.

• Upvote 2

lemonkelly

Hi there ProjectSINQ, I started the way you did at first :) .. I understand where your coming from for a new player into the game.. I would like you too have a look on the clan/family I run with yes we make loot and kill and run with the teams smoothly and easy.. I would like you to take a look at our Clan site thought, we have a TeamSpeak also and lots of EFT rooms on there and teams run every few mins we also have map call-outs etc to make it easier and understandable on the map to our Team-Mates..

The Clan I run with is, https://www.taw.net/ hope to see you there :)

Regards, TAW_LemonK

Sorry I wouldn't like to use the Discord as there is a-lot of ransomers on there who would stab you in the back so I wouldn't take any chances on going down that path.

5799e7b67d5f4_EFTForumbanner.png.d66b4c2b53d1291986c32a8eff956578.png

header_display.jpg

Edited by lemonkelly
  • Upvote 1

PadorianPlays

I kinda know how you feel, first time I started and I was like WTF is going on here? .. Sure thing I went into the offline mode , get a bit familiar with the maps, don´t fear to play at dawn. Makes you pay more attention and also the atmosphere is insane. 

Some other tips:

1.Check your gun before you hop into a battle. Magazine loaded AND ONE IN THE CHAMBER? The loading sound gives you away easily, also you got 1 more round in your gun. Don´t forget it on all weapons if you take more then a rifle with you. But probably just take one gun with you its fine with around 2 mags or like 10 15 shotgun shells. 

2. Probably play first the bigger maps like woods or custom, I preferred woods more since the open ground you can easier spot movement or hide yourself in the trees and bushes.

3. You said you take it slow and stick with it, unless it rains there you can go faster without bigger problems I can say.

4. Body Armour is a key thing to survive.

5. Check your controls, get used to it, since EFT has a lot of possibilities and its great. 2 reload types etc. Don´t forget to fool around with the sensitivity, sure that´s a baby thing but never forget to set it to your liking.

6. Train even more against the AI, they are not bad in most times and they can aim that´s for sure.

7. Don´t buy all stuff you want right now, wait for it. Check and compare the traders since they sometimes sell the same stuff but at different prizes, also they pay you more then the other one if you sell something. And if you decide to buy a gun, double check it. Often guns have various prizes. I bought the cheapest P226 at the beginning ans when I equipped it I saw that it did not had iron-sights.. that was the reason why it was cheaper... BE AWARE!

Hope I could give you some advise that will help you and before you leave EFT you have to survive it ;) 

Edited by PadorianPlays
  • Upvote 1

Aintence
8 hours ago, PadorianPlays said:

I kinda know how you feel, first time I started and I was like WTF is going on here? .. Sure thing I went into the offline mode , get a bit familiar with the maps, don´t fear to play at dawn. Makes you pay more attention and also the atmosphere is insane. 

Some other tips:

1.Check your gun before you hop into a battle. Magazine loaded AND ONE IN THE CHAMBER? The loading sound gives you away easily, also you got 1 more round in your gun. Don´t forget it on all weapons if you take more then a rifle with you. But probably just take one gun with you its fine with around 2 mags or like 10 15 shotgun shells. 

2. Probably play first the bigger maps like woods or custom, I preferred woods more since the open ground you can easier spot movement or hide yourself in the trees and bushes.

3. You said you take it slow and stick with it, unless it rains there you can go faster without bigger problems I can say.

4. Body Armour is a key thing to survive.

5. Check your controls, get used to it, since EFT has a lot of possibilities and its great. 2 reload types etc. Don´t forget to fool around with the sensitivity, sure that´s a baby thing but never forget to set it to your liking.

6. Train even more against the AI, they are not bad in most times and they can aim that´s for sure.

7. Don´t buy all stuff you want right now, wait for it. Check and compare the traders since they sometimes sell the same stuff but at different prizes, also they pay you more then the other one if you sell something. And if you decide to buy a gun, double check it. Often guns have various prizes. I bought the cheapest P226 at the beginning ans when I equipped it I saw that it did not had iron-sights.. that was the reason why it was cheaper... BE AWARE!

Hope I could give you some advise that will help you and before you leave EFT you have to survive it ;) 

one mag in gun, one in vest and bullets in gamma container :) Lesser risk of losing spare mags. Just refill the mags with bullets after every reload

KarolusP

Play some offline: master the map layout, learn AI behavior. Team up with friends, this game is really difficult for solo gaming.

• Upvote 1

jf111

Hey guys, Im new to this poo also. my name on the game is jf111, and my name on steam is jtfew. Hit me up, I'm tired of going into battle alone lol.

sYs

Know the spawn points.

There are people who rush to spawn points to kill people. I usually wait in a spawn a 30 secs to 2min and pop em. Than continue playing mah game. >.<

COLanski
Am 24.4.2017 um 02:52 schrieb army37f:

you are doing something wrong... you aren't using the cardboard box, very essential to not getting killed.

He might should call otacon on his codec to get instructions. :)

... if eft ever get the ability to crawl into a cardboard box and maybe even run around with it, i would be totally in love forever with the game.

Fr3shM3at

well i won t consider myself as new to the game and i got the worst spawn kill ever, i spawned and got insta shotgun fired in factory down there in the tunnels with the breachable only door. i just layed down my banana and then the raid ended with 2-3 seconds. 

fastest raid ever.

i guess i really spawned late into the raid and maybe it did load too late and so on, however my tips....

- Don t eat bananas while playing EFT

- Don t take things too seriously, its alpha, many things are subject to change and/or are getting worked on and i guess we all get our progresses wiped a few times before it really matters

- Have fun :D 

cypress89

Spawn kill gonna kill this game, I hope in closed beta or final release, group gonna spawn together and USEC and BEAR gonna have their own spawn ^^ 

But don't worry, when you survive after the 5 first minutes you will have another prob ^^ exit campers ;)

Just enjoy and report bugs and as others said, don't take the game seriously now ^^ and don't forget : to learn how to survive you have to die !:)

Edited by cypress89

TrainofLemmings

Anyone new to the game hit me up in game or message me here, I play east coast 11am to 6-7pm most days, can take you in and help you out, also I use Discord Can get you in that

newcombx

Hey guys

Me and @jf111 got together recently and started playing, we wanted to get a few more people in our squad. 

if you wanna get invited to our discord, let me know or newcombx, and we will add you

All we ask is that you are 18+, and speak English fluently. Hope to see you on the battlefield.

Thanks!

Jf111's steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/jtfew/

My steam: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198044506496/

Edited by newcombx

Houndeye

Knowing the map, spawn locations, possible camping spots, places of interest is essential, and its knowledge just comes with time. Like, even your behavior when you spawn, how would you properly anticipate enemy rush, or how would you rush them yourself. How to you move in combat, keep your legs protected in fights, properly using medkits, moving and shooting, safely traversing across the map, etc.

For example, I find this video very informative and I make all my friends who get into EFT watch this many times. Especially if you're going to play with them together, it has been tested many times, that one of you will teamkill each other because of fail in communications :D. And at first you might will gonna rewatch the video, because it's hard to memorize it all at first

I also recommend watching how other people play (streamers/youtubers) and learn from them. Have friends to share knowledge with, mb get into some group/clan. Because there's a lot depth in this game and just watching videos on 'gitting gud' is not really enough. 

Derricks00

I spawn in with a pistol and ammo in the gamma container. 
The instant spawn kills are no big deal then.  

Cfxsquad
On 26-4-2017 at 11:06 AM, Houndeye said:

Knowing the map, spawn locations, possible camping spots, places of interest is essential, and its knowledge just comes with time. Like, even your behavior when you spawn, how would you properly anticipate enemy rush, or how would you rush them yourself. How to you move in combat, keep your legs protected in fights, properly using medkits, moving and shooting, safely traversing across the map, etc.

For example, I find this video very informative and I make all my friends who get into EFT watch this many times. Especially if you're going to play with them together, it has been tested many times, that one of you will teamkill each other because of fail in communications :D. And at first you might will gonna rewatch the video, because it's hard to memorize it all at first

I also recommend watching how other people play (streamers/youtubers) and learn from them. Have friends to share knowledge with, mb get into some group/clan. Because there's a lot depth in this game and just watching videos on 'gitting gud' is not really enough. 

This video, very handy! 

Underhook

My tips for new players

1) Check out the maps in PVE mode

2) Factory, on this map do your first 20 runs with a knife or axe.  That way you wont lose all your stuff to experienced/ geared players and squads.

3) If you get something reasonable, take it and get out.  Once you build up a few weapons you can start hanging around.

Players are getting better so its getting pretty hard.  I just got tricked on customs.  I was a scav.  I went to the player spawn and got lots of stuff they left behind.  By the time I got to the dorms the game was 40 mins old.  I heard a scav voice in a corridor (was actually in a room).  As I went past the door he shot me through the door.  Full auto weapon.  I was quiet entering so (but made noise openning locker for keys) I estimate he was in that room waiting for at least 15 mins

Underhook
On 26/04/2017 at 7:06 PM, Houndeye said:

I just watched the video and realised that after a few hundred raids on Factory, I never knew there were Salewa or weapon spawns.  Never found either on Factory.

Jyrjo

This was a important topic to read getting a lot of good tips..... Got the edge of darkness edition today.. and so far my lifespan has been.. short.. .  Seems like a great game and nice to see the community being decent too.. here´s for many years of entertainment ! (as it should be.. since this has been the most expensive game ever :D )  

Captain_Control

This was really helpful to read, hoping to purchase the edge of darkness edition next weekend when my new comp is built!

thanks everyone for the awesome tips!