Sign in to follow this  
anttaresnova

Replace body armor by real plate armor

anttaresnova

A the title says , with degradation of the plates and such would be amazing,diferent materials companys diferent vest to put them on it , that would be great

Randfichte

In the first place, why should the body armor be replaced?

• Upvote 1

anttaresnova
1 hour ago, Randfichte said:

In the first place, why should the body armor be replaced?

beacouse heath and armor system is a bit too unbalanced right now the way it is, and is unrealistic

trotskygrad

this is already tbd to the best of my knowledge.

• Upvote 1

Cypherdrene

TBD is right, there will be individual plates for rigs as far as we know 

• Upvote 1

anttaresnova
9 hours ago, Cypherdrene said:

thats awesome!

Sushi

Yeah to be fair, from what we've seen of EFT footage the tactical rig and body armor overlaps a lot (like the chest rigs in alpha footage actually carry plates IRL too.) I hope eventually we have plates which we can replace, or even build. AR500 armor is relatively inexpensive and can stop 5.56 and 7.62x39mm.

trotskygrad
On 4/28/2017 at 2:57 AM, Sushi said:

Yeah to be fair, from what we've seen of EFT footage the tactical rig and body armor overlaps a lot (like the chest rigs in alpha footage actually carry plates IRL too.) I hope eventually we have plates which we can replace, or even build. AR500 armor is relatively inexpensive and can stop 5.56 and 7.62x39mm.

AR500 is a meme. It's heavy, and you're relying on their liner to catch bullet spall off the plate from severing your jugular

Cypherdrene
22 minutes ago, trotskygrad said:

AR500 is a meme. It's heavy, and you're relying on their liner to catch bullet spall off the plate from severing your jugular

The more reason to have it, its inexpensive, heavy and shrapnel is a concern after a handful of rounds

trotskygrad
29 minutes ago, Cypherdrene said:

The more reason to have it, its inexpensive, heavy and shrapnel is a concern after a handful of rounds

Low/cheap tier equipment makes sense if it's domestic, not foreign, so I would support older 6B3 type vests for scavs and such.

I don't see why a PMC in Russia would be using civilian grade body armor when ceramic plates are cheap enough nowadays. They probably could get discount on war surplus SAPI/ESAPI using special channels.

PieceOfCake
On 4/26/2017 at 9:52 PM, Cypherdrene said:

True. I heard something related to that. I think we need to wait a little to see what's coming. I think sometimes people forget that this is a Closed Alpha. The another side is sharing points of view and this as always good.

Edited by PieceOfCake

Sushi
5 hours ago, trotskygrad said:

4 hours ago, trotskygrad said:

Low/cheap tier equipment makes sense if it's domestic, not foreign, so I would support older 6B3 type vests for scavs and such.

I don't see why a PMC in Russia would be using civilian grade body armor when ceramic plates are cheap enough nowadays. They probably could get discount on war surplus SAPI/ESAPI using special channels.

It's just an example, you are right that the 6mm Soviet plates and other kinds of domestic equivalents would make more sense, and imported Western equipment for USEC. I was thinking more in terms of scavs carrying whatever armor they could find.