Hitman_Actual

Field of View

Hitman_Actual

Will you please open the FIELD of VIEW up to 130 Horizontal please.

this 75 max is atrocious and unfair to PCgamer who are use to having PCgaming standards.

This Balance or fairness is not a valid argument.  If the FOV is opened up higher then that means everyone and anyone can play at that FOV. 

There are many PC and console gamers who get head aches or nauseous from Low FOV. I for one get both with low FOV.

• Upvote 1

Lohung

wait is this game available on Console?

and i would like the FOV opened up... but before that i would like to be able to spawn NOT surrounded by ppl within 10 meters of me

TheCabal

Does a greater FOV mean a additional hit on fps? If yes, I'm against it.

And despite that: Someone with less FOV than the other, is in a disadvantage. Not everyone will be able to play a higher FOV on a smaller monitor and it can drain more performance. PC Gaming Standards... well whatever these might be.

Edited by TheCabal

Graaicko

No FOV doesnt do anything to your fps.

I agree We need a higher fov that attempts to simulate the human eye. 120 130 is about right.

• Upvote 1

Evilution666

It would be nice if they increased the FOV hopefully they as development progresses 

BrandonS101
5 hours ago, Evilution666 said:

It would be nice if they increased the FOV hopefully they as development progresses 

I agree i like 110 fov tbh.

Graaicko

Yeah 120 is too much for me, but I still want to increase it to about 95 maybe 100

• Upvote 1

Stew360

75 FOV is not that bad actually anything more than 95 create some weird fisheyes effect anyway on any 16:9 monitor , the only thing it give is super wide view to see peoples easymode without been aware much of your surounding but everything look weird over 100 FOV unless you play with a triple monitor setup 

Stew360

if they had fov that goes to 90 to 100 max i will be happy with it 

• Like 1

TTomcio

Some scopes are already glitching with 75 pov...

Starlight
On 6/29/2017 at 8:17 PM, Graaicko said:

No FOV doesnt do anything to your fps.

I agree We need a higher fov that attempts to simulate the human eye. 120 130 is about right.

This is patently false. If you increase the size of the render viewport (i.e., FOV), there is more to render (more geometry, textures, shaders, etc.)

As for simulating the human eye, there are two factors at play - the normal field of view of the human eye as well as how much of your actual field of view your display is occupying. If you're on a 28"-class monitor (usually about 26" of actual width) and to make the math easy say it's 26" from your face, that monitor is only occupying 60 degrees of your eye's field of view. Increasing your ingame FOV beyond 60 means that while you can see more world, it's proportionally zoomed out as you increase beyond 60 degrees.

If you want to be super zoomed out all the time at 90-100 degree FOV, have at it. I'll stay on the smaller settings and actually see you.

FenrirInu

Higher fov will force the game to load more high detail objects than lower fov. Depends on your rig. If you are struggling to maintain 60 fps, higher fov will surely impact your perfomance.

Some players might have 0 perfomance impact, some will lose 10 fps or stuttering starts happening.

Also since the game favors hardcore players, high fov not welcomed. There should be an option for different rifles different fov settings maybe.

Graaicko

Well they should let the players decide if they are willing to let there fps drop/increase. I'm running a fairly old rig on a laptop and can maintain a stable fps while using full fov. Personally I think they need to increase it more to maybe about 95. but no more as it might over do it. Ultimately it should be the players choice to configure what they want.

thewarhound91

drag your fov slider all the way down and hit ESC then jump in game, enjoy.

ImaginaryWalrus

I get some nasty side effects from playing on a low FOV. 80 is doable, but unpleasant. Anything below that gives me headaches within half an hour.

I was super hyped about this game, and was gonna buy it immediately until this FOV issue popped up. Watching a few videos of it has showed me that I won't be able to play. Kind of disappointing that this is still considered a subject that's up for debate. It affects many people, not just myself. Other games like Skyrim have mod support that allowed me to play, but the original Bioshock is still a game I didn't get more than 10 minutes into because of this.

I'm pretty sure the devs came out and said they weren't going to add a decent FOV. FOV isn't something that's optional, it should be a requirement. I'm not alone in my plight, and the sales will inevitably take a hit from this choice.

They just lost a customer. And no doubt I'm not the only one...

ynnus86

The field of view in EFT is vertical fov. So the maximum of 75 is actually 107° (in other games with horizontal fov) at 16:9 aspect ratio. In my opinion 75° looks very fish eye like, not human. I play at 60 or 62 which fits for me. I think 75 (vertical) is way enough.

pleznt

The slider doesn't seem to work for me.

pleznt

0.9 slider still broken. No fix?

acimasizkopek

higher the fov, + the fps ? can anyone confirm that ?