Why No Release as Early Access?

DeltaElite121

DeltaElite121

Before I get started, I do want to say I looked through the FAQs and my question wasn't in the database. With that being said - can you all answer why you have decided NOT to push your game on Steam as an early access game? I'm not angry about it, I just want to know why. This would give you all a whole lot more visibility ($$) than you have now, and I truthfully would happily pay full price with NO discount just for sheer ease of payment without worrying about chargebacks, holds, overdrafts, or other reported issues that I'm seeing. It's actually the reason why I didn't buy during the several  sales you all have had so far. I also like having the game fully integrated as part of Steam for all of the features it currently offers (forums, community, etc). I have other friends that have specifically told me they refuse to buy the game because it's not on Steam, so I know this is probably something a lot of people are thinking.

TLDR: I know the game will be released on Steam upon full release and I appreciate the clarification there.. however - The Steam community has had early access as an option for a long time now. Why have you all chosen to avoid it if that's going to end up being your primary platform for sales? That just doesn't make much sense, or it comes off as potentially sketchy from a consumer standpoint.

TarkovObserver

Maybe because it would be added to the collection of unfinished EA games and people would start to think of it as another negative experience? Rather than the more polished version with more content.

DeltaElite121
15 minutes ago, TarkovObserver said:

Maybe because it would be added to the collection of unfinished EA games and people would start to think of it as another negative experience? Rather than the more polished version with more content.

I understand that perspective, and I'm not disagreeing with it because thats definitely a viable answer - but look at it from the other perspective. If you KNOW you're making progress, actively communicate with your player base, and explicitly state the current build of the game - why worry? Other companies may be dishonest with their indefinite "beta" projects, but that doesn't mean BSG can't prove everyone else wrong. This game has a lot to offer for being in an Alpha state, so I really don't think it will be received poorly. I really think this game needs MORE visibility to really help push the product. Let's also not forget there a TON of big fully released AAA titles that are totally inexcusably unfinished, and they proceed to hammer you with "DLC" in many cases to cover up their oversights. I don't judge other companies because of that, though. I just keep in mind that ONE company is like that, and I won't buy from them again. You know what I mean?

Edited by DeltaElite121
  • Upvote 1
Muscle-Alex

Have you read the description of the preorder packs? 

1. alpha test 

2. closed Beta

3. open beta 

4. early access 

5. final game 

why they go this way? : because Escape from Tarkov is their product and they have the full control of it. No need to think about this because the Devs know why they go this way. And if your friends don't whant buy this game... who cares.... we have enough testers who love EFT and Test it :)

like me 

greetings 

Muscle-Alex

• Sad 1
ForeverAloneDude
On 5/11/2017 at 0:21 PM, DeltaElite121 said:

end up being your primary platform for sales?

well, there a are a lot of ppl like me who just do not like steam...and who even cares Man. these devs have their own plan and i think it is the right way to go...

as they have stated, early access here means that you get the game something like 10 or some days earlier than others( and i believe they mean a full finished game, not that poo steam pulls, nonono :D )