Blackb1rd

"The Story of Oleg" an EfT Film Episode 1

Blackb1rd

We are glad to present to your attention video from WillerZ and US Emissary @Kleanuppguy . This video is a look inside of BEAR PMC named Oleg. It is the first story boarded cinematic video for Escape From Tarkov. This will be a two episode series.

• Upvote 12

Cfxsquad

Love this!!

M0SIN

Too long intro, and the first scene is not very logistic - why not to shoot Usec immediately?

Russian accent is pretty funny ))

• Upvote 2

Joram_The_Rebel

appreciate the effort guys... but this cinematic intro to Oleg looks not so very good, maybe do it when the game is more polished. Just saying, doing this things right now make the game looks even worst in my opinion.

• Upvote 2

RealSwitchPlate
Just now, Joram_The_Rebel said:

appreciate the effort guys... but this cinematic intro to Oleg looks not so very good, maybe do it when the game is more polished. Just saying, doing this things right now make the game looks even worst in my opinion.

Still, its cool what they have done. 

Joram_The_Rebel
Just now, RealSwitchPlate said:

Still, its cool what they have done. 

as i said appreciate the effort... but would have been better waiting for new character animation, seeing him walking around was a bit weird to me.

• Upvote 1

RealSwitchPlate
1 minute ago, Joram_The_Rebel said:

as i said appreciate the effort... but would have been better waiting for new character animation, seeing him walking around was a bit weird to me.

Yeah given, the animations are funny for walking atm. Referring to my previous comment, i dont think its trash or that people should slate it.

Joram_The_Rebel
1 minute ago, RealSwitchPlate said:

Yeah given, the animations are funny for walking atm. Referring to my previous comment, i dont think its trash or that people should slate it.

of course not trash, they put lot of work on to it and appreciate it, community guys are trying to give us something while waiting for devs updates that in the past two months are like "nothing". thx to Willerz and Kleanupp for their video by the way! stay strong guys

• Upvote 1

RealSwitchPlate
Just now, Joram_The_Rebel said:

of course not trash, they put lot of work on to it and appreciate it, community guys are trying to give us something while waiting for devs updates that in the past two months are like "nothing". thx to Willerz and Kleanupp for their video by the way! stay strong guys

The devs are slow at updating, but im sure whatever they are working on will be cool!

TitanPB

Not much story or depth. Not much cinematography either. We need updates and topics to stop being closed because we don't have answers.

• Upvote 1

Olloch
14 hours ago, TitanPB said:

Not much story or depth. Not much cinematography either. We need updates and topics to stop being closed because we don't have answers.

What topics closed?

What answeres do you want?

MeFirst

Neat little video. 

I do a bit of video editing myself and I think that the story and the cinematography is alright. A lot of people also seem to forget that this was done 100% in-game. That means you also don't have a free-moving camera. So you can only do camera angles, that you can physically do with your character movement and FOV. This is something you should consider when giving feedback or criticizing the video.

From a standpoint of editing, I just feel that some shots are too long and cuts to black should always be avoided if possible. This is usually disconnecting the viewer from the video and just feels weird. 

Anyway, thanks for your time and effort. I know how long it takes and how much work you have to do, even for a short video that is below 5 minutes. 

Underhook

Well done.  I liked it.  My only gripe is the swearing.  To me swearing makes people look weak.  Tough people don't have to try to be tough.

AssApple

Until that moment it was interesting - 00:00 > 01:22

But to the end already nothing interesting - 01:22 > to end....

In the game is totally broken mechanics of moving the character > as with the old game Quake ect. (rekt)

Change the name of the movie to: Adventures of a puppet Oleg.

TitanPB
9 hours ago, Olloch said:

What topics closed?

What answeres do you want?

Many topics have been closed. With vague responses. For instance, "We are working on a fix with this. When it is ready we will make an announcement." That's the problem, you do not have to have a completed patch or mechanic to make an announcement. You could do weekly or even bi-weekly blogs discussing what is going on the developers side.

Sure, your work may not be finished, but this gives us testers insight as to what is going on and at what stage the new fixes, patches, mechanics, features are being worked at. It also lets us know what suggestions you are taking into consideration, which ones you are working on, and which ones you need further reasoning to act upon. This would prevent repeat topics, posts, and save some testers time by not looking into a bug or such in further detail. Knowing the Devs are already looking into it, or we could look into the bug more since the Devs would be announcing they need more details.

A blog of some sort would help this game, the Developers, and the testers. It would completely beneficial to everyone involved. Help with the testing and building process, calm everyone down here on the forums and in-game. Because we would know then what is and is not being done. The lack of communication is a big problem and needs to be addressed soon.

• Upvote 2

DeadGavin

Personally, I was not a fan of this.

ISVRaDa

There is some good talent there! well done WillerZ and Klean ;)

StandardGamer

Looks very cool

CosmicSilenceTv

Very nice work :)

heezflash

hahahaha LOL, love this man, wow really good and funny :D