Leg armour.

Serafimov

Greetings.

After watching the gameplay videos I noticed a problem of legs' vulnerability. Basically a person wearing heavy armour and helmet can be one-shoted to a leg with a shotgun, so every skirmish converts into leg hunt (the first one, who manages to break the opponent's leg, wins the firefight). So I propose to introduce the leg armour into the game.

10000000.jpgpartner4b.jpg1658414.jpg

Thanks for reading.

Edited by Serafimov
  • Like 1
  • Hot 1
  • Upvote 3

Leg shots shouldn't even instantly kill someone in the first place, that's a big flaw with this game. My friend and I were just discussing this earlier, and I strongly believe it should be implemented. Thigh armor, knee, lower leg ect. Plated armor available, and just kevlar. 

• Upvote 2

I think this is a great idea. It would go even further with the allowing of players to customize the look of their character while affecting their stats. Of course, having leg armor like this would increase damage resistance of the legs, but you sacrifice speed and mobility for that extra protection.

this should definitely be looked at and considered by devs.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Yea it's kinda weird being instantly killed when shot at the legs. Right now i dont even aim for the head or chest. Straight for the legs. If they don't plan to add armor for the legs, then add a last stand option straight from CoD. Seems pretty realistic to me. You got the legs blasted, you fall on the ground (instead of getting insta killed) and take some last well aim shots at the enemy.

• Upvote 1

Theres a lovely picture from CW with a BEAR guy with lower leg armour , entire arm armour and what look like plated shoulder pads , and the 6B45 Ratnik vest :P 

Id imagine things like this will be coming.

BEAR HEAVY.jpg

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Okay so I myself have been killed by those leg shot demons, but if you train your skill and play enough you can walk around with 2 black legs and still live and kill more people. Leg Armour is a must have for the game and I look froward to it being added.  

On 6/1/2017 at 11:01 PM, Luftpancake said:

Leg shots shouldn't even instantly kill someone in the first place, that's a big flaw with this game. My friend and I were just discussing this earlier, and I strongly believe it should be implemented. Thigh armor, knee, lower leg ect. Plated armor available, and just kevlar. 

First of all, leg shots dont instantly kill. You have to have crippled legs and then every additional point of damage is a 20% chance to die. 

leg armor would be a cool thing, i'm thinking of the thigh armor tho

• Like 1

On 2017-6-2 at 11:09 PM, BurningOyster said:

It would have to hinder mobility though to balance it out.

oh yeah if we get that.....SUIT is all I can describe it as up there its going to be even more penalising than the current 6B43 vest (obviously).....plated arm pads.....full arm armour....lower leg armour....you definitely aint running out of trouble very far.............you get caught in the open and your goodnight Vienna if theres a well placed shooter with a quality weapon

29 minutes ago, Agen7orange said:

First of all, leg shots dont instantly kill. You have to have crippled legs and then every additional point of damage is a 20% chance to die. 

leg armor would be a cool thing, i'm thinking of the thigh armor tho

lets face it , theres gotta be some frontal weak spot right?That picture I linked is literally as far as I would ever go with the armour personally.

looks like they do plan to implement an unconscious state so hopefully we wont ' die ' from leg wounds so often and have some kind of chance for out team mates to save us (if you are on your own welllll) , give adrenaline and painkillers to them and whatnot.

6 minutes ago, CptBluemax said:

oh yeah if we get that.....SUIT is all I can describe it as up there its going to be even more penalising than the current 6B43 vest (obviously).....plated arm pads.....full arm armour....lower leg armour....you definitely aint running out of trouble very far.............you get caught in the open and your goodnight Vienna if theres a well placed shooter with a quality weapon

lets face it , theres gotta be some frontal weak spot right?That picture I linked is literally as far as I would ever go with the armour personally.

looks like they do plan to implement an unconscious state so hopefully we wont ' die ' from leg wounds so often and have some kind of chance for out team mates to save us (if you are on your own welllll) , give adrenaline and painkillers to them and whatnot.

Nice! I didn't hear about the unconscious states. That would be awesome tho! 

Also I agree, however way you want to spin it, There has to be a way to kill people, players want to find a way to be a walking tank and thats just not going to happen. Battlestate already says its realistic to die from leg wounds, when you're getting your leg shredded apart, sure the death isn't immediate, but the pure shock and blood loss is enough to make you pass out and die shortly after.

I honestly have no issues with the way they're treating health/healing. Some protective layers would be nice, but thats about it.

2 hours ago, Agen7orange said:

Nice! I didn't hear about the unconscious states. That would be awesome tho! 

Also I agree, however way you want to spin it, There has to be a way to kill people, players want to find a way to be a walking tank and thats just not going to happen. Battlestate already says its realistic to die from leg wounds, when you're getting your leg shredded apart, sure the death isn't immediate, but the pure shock and blood loss is enough to make you pass out and die shortly after.

I honestly have no issues with the way they're treating health/healing. Some protective layers would be nice, but thats about it.

Yeah it looks like they are going that way dude they said they plan to in the recent interview.

We getting booby trapping  , and dragging of bodies as well so technically could even drag your unconscious buddy (theyre even thinking about carrying them) to the exit if you didnt have meds :P 

Gonna be interesting.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, CptBluemax said:

Yeah it looks like they are going that way dude they said they plan to in the recent interview.

We getting booby trapping  , and dragging of bodies as well so technically could even drag your unconscious buddy (theyre even thinking about carrying them) to the exit if you didnt have meds :P 

Gonna be interesting.

Thats going to be so awesome, dragging/carrying your wounded buddies out of the combat zone.... i cant waittttttt

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Underhook said:

I'd still like to see that the rear of the legs and the buttocks are not protected.   Like in the pics posted.

Yeah thats literally , just about what Im willing to accept heavy armour wise if we do indeed get something like this.

That frontal area and the backs definitely needs to be exposed.

• Upvote 1

• 3 months later...

You shouldnt be able to kill someone by shooting them in the legs. AT ALL!! Shooting in the leg should only break them or fracture them. But in the end it should still be a bad idea to try to kill someone by shooting them there. They need to make legs almost invincible. And for some reason they implemented so that ai shoot you in the legs WHY???

Edited by Eli-The-Janitor
misspell
  • Cold 1
  • Sad 1

• 5 months later...
On 9/23/2017 at 3:04 PM, johncage213 said:

why would it make you extremely slow? you're wearing kevlar which is tied around your leg, not stacks of brick. the only downside should be like the other armors, they are expensive.

Its about the limitations on the movement of your legs that would slow you, not the weight of the armor. Although the weight would play a small part.

The source of the leg-meta is due to a bigger issue; Fort Armour + Fast MT w/ face shields.

I don't even think leg armour is really used in real life combat situations, definitely for bomb-squads due to flak but not for stopping rounds. I suppose you don't need much Kevlar thickness for stopping buckshot though. But you'll need serious plates on the legs and then trauma pads underneath to stop 5.56, 5.45, and 7.62 rounds

Until they release some sort of trauma system where you just got slammed with 7.62 rounds to the chest (with Fort / Paca Armour) and you react some how to it, like get knocked out or stunned or something, the Fort Armour will be the true cause of the leg-meta. A round to the helmet would definitely screw you up as well.

I think eventually they'll make it so blasting apart someone's legs won't kill them but rather knock them down, unable to walk until their repaired. But you have major arteries running through your thighs, if none of you know in real life if your legs get chopped off (especially above the knees) you're most likely going to die extremely quickly due to blood loss. So this leg meta is actually entirely possible.