Information from today's livestream

MeFirst

Today, there was a stream in which the CEO of Battlestate Games answered some questions about the game. The stream was in Russian, but some people did translate some information from the stream.

Stream/Recording:

@xxXBELOMORXxx and @Opti0 were so kind and translated it into German. I made a quick list of the information gathered from the stream and translated it from German to English for you.

• The anti-cheat system is currently in alpha stage but it is continuously improved. Caught cheaters will be banned.
  • It will maybe be possible that players can create quests for other players of their clan or for other players in general.
  • The developers are trying to make sure that quests will not feel "random".
  • The arena stage will feature different combat scenarios. For example there could be scenario that involves two IFV's and infantry.
  • The in-game economy will change its focus to barter and money will be less valuable. 
  • The relation to traders will also become more important. You will get not just get access to better items, but a negative bad reputation with a trader might also result in the trader making up "excuses" for not being available (I got the flu, I am waiting for a important delivery etc.).
  • It is possible that two bullet proof vests that are currently in the game will be replaced by a system that allows customization by the player. For example, you could have a plate carrier vest in which you could put in different plates. 
  • The current priority in the development is the change to the current version of the Unity Engine. The process of making that change caused more issues as expected, but the build with the new version already improves some areas like desync, lag and spawn delay. apart from that the developers are also improving the netcode in general.
  • The identification of friends or foes will be improved with colored armbands. 
  • There will be a Ghillie Suit in the game in the form of a vest.
  • The usage of RAM will be improved.

Czech Translation of the Interview Thanks to emissary @PugMonk

• Upvote 18

Remember that the information can be a bit "sketchy",  especially the stuff with the IFV. It is a translation from Russian, to German and to English. The IFV stuff was also mentioned as a example, it doesn't mean we get vehicles in the game at all. It could also just be a scenario in which 2 groups of infantry have dismounted from an IFV and are now fighting each other. 

43 минуты назад, Leser сказал:

Combat scenarios with IFVs? I thought vehicles weren't going to be present in EfT, unless these are just props?

People were discussing the possibility of introducing a mode like PUBG, in which a safe zone would be limited by IFVs under AI control. It was not said that this would be introduced into the game, but it's just a good idea.

1 час назад, MeFirst сказал:

Today, there was a stream in which the CEO of Battlestate Games answered some questions about the game. The stream was in Russian, but some people did translate some information from the stream.

Also at the end of a stream, it was said that there might be some interesting news about EFT within 7-10 days.

1 час назад, MeFirst сказал:

It will maybe be possible that players can create quests for other players of their clan or for other players in general.

I will correct it a little. In the future, players will be able to become traders or sales representatives of clans, and obtaining this status will probably give the opportunity to create their own quests with their own rewards.

P.S. Sorry for the bad language, guys.

Edited by MixNez
  • Upvote 1

Don't worry. As I said, the two guys mentioned in the starting post were nice enough to provide a translation to things said in the stream. So some stuff could be out of context. :)

Personally hoping for the change to the armors. Can't stand the leg meta and forts unlimited protection. Great stuff and quality post! Thank you for your efforts! 

• Upvote 3

the player created missions is interesting just hoping for a mod style community like stalker but I know its completely different style game in terms off pvp / pve

2 hours ago, Kleanuppguy said:

Personally hoping for the change to the armors. Can't stand the leg meta and forts unlimited protection. Great stuff and quality post! Thank you for your efforts! 

Oh man it makes no sense that player A with an AS-VAL aims straight for a geared guys legs. Just on pure adrenaline alone you'd realistically be able to react to someone shooting at you for at least a second or two if they are aiming for just your legs. Legs contain  the femoral artery as a critical point and being disabled would hamper movement, but shooting someone in the chest or head could cause much more critical damage like: stop their heart, sever their nerve stem, paralyze them, break their rib cage, cause massive internal bleeding, and/or destroy lungs/pancreas/stomach/liver/kidneys...aiming for center mass is so robotic for me when playing games like EFT now, but I have to literally train myself to shoot for the legs...I hope that is fixed soon because it's just silly.

Would be pretty cool if we get functional plate carriers. This would also probably work well with the shift towards more barter trade. So you have a plate carrier vest, but no actual plate and you have to obtain one first for the front etc. 

My personal speculation that player created quests are also connected to the whole barter thing. Let's say you want a specific item like a certain stock for a M4. You could then create a quest for other people to bring you one in exchange for a specific reward your are setting. Could be money or item(s) you have. 

If they changed it so a player shot in the legs does not die instantly, only crippled and not able to stand. And they would bleed out  after 10 / 20 seconds without medic kit. it would give them time to shoot the other guy in the head in revenge, that should make the fights more interresting.