Woods/Customs server time change.

PoeticSinner

I'm pretty sure it's common knowledge that after the night sets in a majority of the players flock to factory till sunrise. Let me start off that I love the idea of nights being server wide so it's not as easily avoided. That said, since the current objective is testing the game I juat wanted to suggest possibly setting the times on woods and customs to mirror each other where it's day in one while night in the other. I enjoy factory but it seems like the game would benefit from more people playing on more then just one map for a large portion of the day. I've only encountered people cheating without a doubt when playing at night and I'm sure I'm not the only one who's sworn off of night raids for the time being. Like DayZ, the longer the game goes without an update, the more common encountering cheaters will become. I know they are there in the daytime games as well, but you're not as likely to run into them when they're are a lot of people playing as you are when there are only handfuls of players queing up for night raids. Anyways, it's just my opinion that changing the times to allow for two maps to be played without needing nvgs would keep more people online and playing so more bugs can be encountered and reported.

Well, since we have different locations but in the same area it wouldn't make much sense. I've encountered cheaters too and it sucks to lose your gear to them, but devs are not focusing on the anticheat right now, but releasing beta. Still, anticheat is updated every patch.

Since it will wipe anyway, losing your progress to cheaters isn't that big of an issue such as fixing bugs and keeping the game content rich. Pretty sure devs are working hard, just give em time.

31 minutes ago, Pretzel said:

Well, since we have different locations but in the same area it wouldn't make much sense. I've encountered cheaters too and it sucks to lose your gear to them, but devs are not focusing on the anticheat right now, but releasing beta. Still, anticheat is updated every patch.

Since it will wipe anyway, losing your progress to cheaters isn't that big of an issue such as fixing bugs and keeping the game content rich. Pretty sure devs are working hard, just give em time.

Btw gear isn't really the issue here. Simply making a suggestion that would increase traffic on all maps instead of the majority of people playing factory when it's night or logging off. For the release I'm all for it synchronized time over the entirety of the servers and maps. This however is alpha and I feel that the game would better served by increased usage of the maps and increased testing of the two larger maps. A majority of the players don't report anything so getting the ones who will more access to the maps will also increase the likelihood of bugs being stumbled across and reported. 

As for the cheaters, I only brought them up because if the increased odds of running into them during night raids due to lack of traffic and that keeps a lot of people from playing the maps 50% of the day. 

Edited by PoeticSinner