Blackb1rd

The interview with the head of BSG Nikita Buyanov

I'm hoping that EoD will pay off in the future and not be forgotten. (Or stand in the shadows behind the future and possibly cheaper special edition of EFT)

3 hours ago, Bravo6ixDelta said:

Instead of speculation perhaps @Blackb1rd or @Natalino could confirm information about the belt fed machine guns.

So what is it, are light machine guns going to make it into the game or all belt fed gats are off the table?

As of right now they are off the table as mentioned on the interview with the reason why.

1 hour ago, Tempten101 said:

Will the servers be active when Closed Beta releases?

Dates are unkown at this moment on this subject.

3 hours ago, CptBluemax said:

This is true indeed but from the weapon pictures (this is just speculation but still its logical) it seems LMGs were anything magazine fed , like the RPK variants , or the LSW Lewis and Tool stuff , or the M4 lSW variants.

And then anything with a box and belt feed , like even the m249 , m240 , PKP etc would be in the games HMG class.

At least thats how I imagined it game wise.

We could argue that a belt fed MG is ammo etc is too heavy along with everything else etc for the story and scenario and no madman would try it (we reallllly dont know whats going on yet , well we do but you know what I mean)........but for fee roam.............I so wanted to be sitting in that dusty blown out office with my PKM bipod and all watching a highway section :P ( or :( as it would seem now)

Might have to make do with the SVD and a RPG lol

Still though.........Prapor has PKM/PKP belts on SHOW damnit

Replace that PKM with a RPK and a drum mag and you might be able to do it.

1 hour ago, Damiano said:

Will the continuation of the Russia 2028 project will haven't negative impact on the Escape from Tarkov? I mean are you not afraid that you will run out of people and time ?

id doubt they will start work on it until EfT is well in its cycle and we have finished the story and DLCs etc (or at least been out for a while)

EfT is definitely the focus for now , but it has always been planned to have RU2028 as the final end game.And they have lots and lots of lore and stuff to already use as its all part of the same universe.

Just now, leeztu said:

Replace that PKM with a RPK and a drum mag and you might be able to do it.

Looks like I might have to bro :P 

I do not think its a good thing that the head of BSG has not played his own game yet.
However, this might explain his "it is fine as it is" mentallity he often shows. (Take the "leg insta dying is realistic" or the "AI is already good" for example)

If he had played EFT himself he'd get why so many people complain about things he thinks are fine as they are. This is not meant to be offensive, but it is a concern the devs should take seriously.

I also hope that Russia 2028 will be as tacticool as EFT already is.

Edited by OneStep
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, alex8xela said:

Can you explain what you mean by "Camouflage Cloak" is it just a literal cloak coloured in camo style right?

I only ask because I remember hearing that the Ghillie suit is confirmed not to be in game> or is this going to change?

It is just a translation there. If I remember correctly, what was discussed there at this point was ghillie suit.

8 hours ago, Aintence said:

getting banned for using TS instead of ingame VOIP

Ah, no you won't. 

7 hours ago, Mwatts622 said:

From my experience Beta testing implies the game is complete and in the final stages of bug fixing/tweaking.  With CBT supposedly starting this summer how often are maps going to be released so that Streets of Tarkov, Suburbs, Interchange, Town, Lighthouse, and Terminal are released during open beta testing?

Actual details will be given later but remember that as stated above as well, the basic most important things are being done right now. And this takes a long time and it is the important pieces of the project. You will probably see content being able to be implemented faster once such things are out of the way.

• Upvote 2

46 minutes ago, OneStep said:

I do not think its a good thing that the head of BSG has not played his own game yet.
However, this might explain his "it is fine as it is" mentallity he often shows. (Take the "leg insta dying is realistic" or the "AI is already good" for example)

If he had played EFT himself he'd get why so many people complain about things he thinks are fine as they are. This is not meant to be offensive, but it is a concern the devs should take seriously.

That's only one dev, and we should not take that literally. I'm sure more than half of the team is playing, and testing, regularly EFT.

Edited by ISVRaDa

1 hour ago, OneStep said:

Most likely he doesnt want to play the game beacuse its not in a state that he deems acceptable. (So the opposite of "its fine as it is" mentality)

• Upvote 1

vor 2 Stunden schrieb ISVRaDa:

That's only one dev, and we should not take that literally. I'm sure more than half of the team is playing, and testing, regularly EFT.

If anyone should play the game before its finished it should be the head lead as he is the one directing the development.

vor 2 Stunden schrieb leeztu:

Most likely he doesnt want to play the game beacuse its not in a state that he deems acceptable. (So the opposite of "its fine as it is" mentality)

Cannot be the opposite when the dev team made posts exactly the way I described them.
Facts are a step above assumptions and possibilities.

Edited by OneStep

6 minutes ago, OneStep said:

If anyone should play the game before its finished it should be the head lead as he is the one directing the development.

Cannot be the opposite when the dev team made posts exactly the way I described them.
Facts are a step above assumptions.

Nah, all design decisions are taken by more than one dev, you just need one "public head" public there is a whole team there playing the game. And like I told you, if you take those words literally, you thinking wrong.

Edited by ISVRaDa
  • Upvote 1

vor 6 Minuten schrieb ISVRaDa:

Nah, all design desicions are made by the team, you just need one "head" public but there is a whole team there playing the game. And like I told you, if you take those works literally, you thinking wrong.

Judging from your post you have no clue how game development actually works.
The lead designers/head devs make the final decisions, the rest of the team makes suggestions based on their opinion and develop.

If everybody would do what they think is right the game would turn out to be a mess.
There is a reason such things as head devs exist.

And I am taking it literal as it is official information that has been posted here.

Edited by OneStep

6 minutes ago, OneStep said:

Judging from your post you have no clue how game development actually works.
The lead designers/head devs make the final decisions, the rest of the team makes suggestions based on their opinion and develop.

If everybody would do what they think is right the game would turn out to be a mess.
There is a reason such things as head devs exist.

We can see now that your knowledge about the industry is non-existent.

I have been working in the industry for some years, now as FL (I'm a CG artist). Plz, learn something about how a game studio works before make yourself looks ridiculous.

Nothing more to add

Edited by ISVRaDa

vor 9 Minuten schrieb ISVRaDa:

We can see now that your knowledge about the industry is non-existent.

I have been working in the industry for some years, now as FL (I'm a CG artist). I have nothing more to add. Plz, learn something about how a game studio works before make yourself looks ridiculous.

What I said is the most common hierarchy that you can find in professional dev studios.
As Battlestate hasn't mentioned how they actually work this is the most reasonable thing to assume.

You have no idea, do some research - just because you have lost a disscussion does not mean you can end it that way. (And I am sure you haven't worked at a professional game dev studio ever - spawing a block in blender does not qualify you as an CG artist)

Edited by OneStep

4 hours ago, Natalino said:

It is just a translation there. If I remember correctly, what was discussed there at this point was ghillie suit.

Ah, no you won't. 

Actual details will be given later but remember that as stated above as well, the basic most important things are being done right now. And this takes a long time and it is the important pieces of the project. You will probably see content being able to be implemented faster once such things are out of the way.

Fair point.  All this talk of CBT has me worried for what is to come, that's all.  I suppose getting the core game squared away and major network issues and bugs will make way for faster content development.  Exciting stuff. 

Edited by Mwatts622

5 hours ago, OneStep said:

No matter what anyone tells you, instantly dying upon being shot in a limb is not realistic. Period... It's just not realistic. If the developers are telling us that it IS realistic, then I tell you they are flat out lying..

Assuming nothing vital was destroyed, (You were shot in the arm, missed your brachial artery) the next problem is shock from blood loss. The more you are bleeding the faster shock becomes a problem. You can die quite quickly from it, if the bleeding is really bad, but in most cases, getting shot in a limb is not immediately life-threatening. 

Then the big dangers become infection and such other secondary problems. *Wink wink* BSG PLEASE. lol

The most likely outcome from getting shot during a fight is that the person will keep fighting.  Even if a wound is eventually fatal, a person will still be conscious and operational unless they’ve been hit in an artery or vital organ, so they can still fire their own gun at you while bleeding out.  Getting shot sometimes feels a lot like getting punched (if there’s only soft tissue damage), and some people can run around for several minutes or even hours without realizing they have been shot.

You can run around for a surprisingly long time with a hole in your lung or shrapnel in your liver.  (You’ll pay for it later, but since we’re talking about "immediately after being shot"…)

Edited by BudBro
  • Upvote 3

22 hours ago, Blackb1rd said:

Friend-or-foe recognition will be carried out by means or armbands

i was afraid this would be confirmed at some point.

that will be the day i drop this game.

you'll not gonna miss me, i know.

22 hours ago, Blackb1rd said:

Nikita himself will not play until release, does not want to play what is not yet finished.

wait a minute.

8 hours ago, mart1n1 said:

i was afraid this would be confirmed at some point.

that will be the day i drop this game.

you'll not gonna miss me, i know.

wait a minute.

lol you'll drop the game because we can have visual armbands to indentify team members?

Allllllllrighhhhtttttyyy then

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, BudBro said:

The most likely outcome from getting shot during a fight is that the person will keep fighting.  Even if a wound is eventually fatal, a person will still be conscious and operational unless they’ve been hit in an artery or vital organ, so they can still fire their own gun at you while bleeding out.  Getting shot sometimes feels a lot like getting punched (if there’s only soft tissue damage), and some people can run around for several minutes or even hours without realizing they have been shot.

Nail on the head.

In fact the whole argument surrounding the leg meta game, at least in my mind, was never the being a paper towel once the leg was 0/0... That game mechanic is warped period, no matter what limb. We tested it, it's a no go. No biggie it's why we are here right?

The problem I have always had with leg focus was the limping being INSTANT. So instant that it effect disrupted the flow of combat... Pretty much every single fight.

You know, the painkillers becoming viable is a beautiful thing and even limping is a beautiful thing. All that needs to happen is for there to be some sort of time window until the limp becomes dominant so not to disrupt fights. Being resistant to fractures due to higher skill levels is fine and all but that is not a cop out for the limp being instant.

• Upvote 1

Cancerous posts on this thread will begin to be filtered. This is a topic on the recent interview with Nikita Buyanov, not a discussion of who can use 3DSMax. Stay on topic else the thread will be locked. You have been warned.

6 hours ago, Anvil said:

Nail on the head.

In fact the whole argument surrounding the leg meta game, at least in my mind, was never the being a paper towel once the leg was 0/0... That game mechanic is warped period, no matter what limb. We tested it, it's a no go. No biggie it's why we are here right?

The problem I have always had with leg focus was the limping being INSTANT. So instant that it effect disrupted the flow of combat... Pretty much every single fight.

You know, the painkillers becoming viable is a beautiful thing and even limping is a beautiful thing. All that needs to happen is for there to be some sort of time window until the limp becomes dominant so not to disrupt fights. Being resistant to fractures due to higher skill levels is fine and all but that is not a cop out for the limp being instant.

So wait, no belt fed machine guns, but we can use an APC cannon.... there's progression bars in the skill tab for LMGs but belt fed is being stranded.

To tedious to implement? I'm sorry I don't understand it. It's not even about the machine guns at this point but a fixed in place APC cannon is easier to implement than a HMG??

Pavel is being showcased with crates of weapons and ammo how could ammo scarcity be a problem when it's clearly very abundant in photo and current version of the game. Is the supply of ammo being sold by vendors going to drop?  

This team has prided itself on the realism and the leg damage model currently is not realistic. It genuinely ruins fire fights especially for quick reaction movements to and from cover. I know you're experiencing it too Devs, were all playing the same game here.  

On 6/6/2017 at 0:53 PM, BoByman said:

"Alpha testers will be encouraged."  ?

Please explain.

Go on, son.  Get in!  You can do it!  You da man!

*ticks box*.