Blackb1rd

The interview with the head of BSG Nikita Buyanov

12 hours ago, Sweatshirtolympics said:

So wait, no belt fed machine guns, but we can use an APC cannon.... there's progression bars in the skill tab for LMGs but belt fed is being stranded.

To tedious to implement? I'm sorry I don't understand it. It's not even about the machine guns at this point but a fixed in place APC cannon is easier to implement than a HMG??

Pavel is being showcased with crates of weapons and ammo how could ammo scarcity be a problem when it's clearly very abundant in photo and current version of the game. Is the supply of ammo being sold by vendors going to drop?  

This team has prided itself on the realism and the leg damage model currently is not realistic. It genuinely ruins fire fights especially for quick reaction movements to and from cover. I know you're experiencing it too Devs, were all playing the same game here.  

its very strange , booby trapping bodies , containers , RPGs , including anti infantry rounds (thermobaric most likely especially since the quoted RPO launcher is in the BEAR guys backpack on the main page artwork , frag rounds for the RPG-7V too)....the crazy APC thing andddddd no heavy machine guns?

Little confused but........at least we will get light machine guns with magazine feeds , and hopefully some nice drum mags.

Just imagine with their attention to detail how much work would go into the machine guns with the belt loading animation/jamming/firing and the belt feed itself..................might be what they mean by tedious.......maybe they could make 3 other weapons with their animation sets etc for one machine gun......so thats what they're focusing on (for now hopefully).

What they said about the ammo in the context of the game didnt make toooooo much sense..............maybe with the proper economy youd only even be able to find a few hundred rounds in oh I dunno......a week?Really not sure thats just speculation..........and the cost of them if you buy them would be horrendous obviously.

Edited by CptBluemax

Only thing with the damage model now is you can die from a couple foot drop if your leg is at 0 health. Just lost a fully kitted set because of this. Are they going to fix that? I know the leg is damaged, but come on.

1 hour ago, TitanPB said:

Only thing with the damage model now is you can die from a couple foot drop if your leg is at 0 health. Just lost a fully kitted set because of this. Are they going to fix that? I know the leg is damaged, but come on.

Read the entire interview this has been discussed it will be fixed

3 hours ago, necuja said:

Read the entire interview this has been discussed it will be fixed

Where? I do not see that at all.

Edited by TitanPB

6 hours ago, TitanPB said:

Where? I do not see that at all.

Right here:

Mechanics

Leg wounds causing quite a quick death is realistic. However, legs will get more adjustments (dying from a thorn due to 0 health in the legs won't happen).

• Upvote 1

On 2017-06-08 at 5:45 AM, Sweatshirtolympics said:

So wait, no belt fed machine guns, but we can use an APC cannon.... there's progression bars in the skill tab for LMGs but belt fed is being stranded.

To tedious to implement? I'm sorry I don't understand it. It's not even about the machine guns at this point but a fixed in place APC cannon is easier to implement than a HMG??

Id imagine its a lot easier to make a fixed in place APC cannon than a realistically functioning and looking BELT FED machinegun. LMG's dont have to be belt fed, for example RPK can have a drum magazine, also this could be a translation error where they were only referring to belt fed stationary HMG's not belt fed LMG's.

4 hours ago, leeztu said:

Id imagine its a lot easier to make a fixed in place APC cannon than a realistically functioning and looking BELT FED machinegun. LMG's dont have to be belt fed, for example RPK can have a drum magazine, also this could be a translation error where they were only referring to belt fed stationary HMG's not belt fed LMG's.

Hows that mate? You've seen how they individually model weapon platforms, and what you're telling me is that it is easier for them to get a hold of an APC, tear down its cannon, 3D render and model that for the game, and that route being easier to do then a belt fed machine gun? Lel. Again its not about the machine gun, its about the level of fidelity that they've now made a standard, then pick and choose the easiest means of development because something that clearly is an expected staple by its fan base is to tedious to implement? Of course its going to be tedious you guys are making a high fidelity shooter...

If we are not going to hold the Dev's accountable, if we are not going to push for the upmost realism, detail, game play and immersion from this amazing creation, then we've failed as a fan base. Period.

And I'm really talking a high level of detail and immersion, from a small degree of: ( being able to lower you damn weapon, making door frame clearing and object clearing so much easier.) To: (being able to sit/prop your body against objects insuring cover, and fluid movement in and out of said cover.) Yes I said sitting, for the simple fact that I'd like to just sit on a crate sometime and have a smoke. But also for the future thought of object movement for setting up sniper/over watch positions.

But seriously leetzu, don't give the Dev's the benefit of the doubt on stuff like this especially when they've introduced to us such a high level of detail. 

Edited by Sweatshirtolympics
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Sweatshirtolympics said:

Hows that mate? You've seen how they individually model weapon platforms, and what you're telling me is that it is easier for them to get a hold of an APC, tear down its cannon, 3D render and model that for the game, and that route being easier to do then a belt fed machine gun? Lel. Again its not about the machine gun, its about the level of fidelity that they've now made a standard, then pick and choose the easiest means of development because something that clearly is an expected staple by its fan base is to tedious to implement? Of course its going to be tedious you guys are making a high fidelity shooter...

If we are not going to hold the Dev's accountable, if we are not going to push for the upmost realism, detail, game play and immersion from this amazing creation, then we've failed as a fan base. Period.

And I'm really talking a high level of detail and immersion, from a small degree of: ( being able to lower you damn weapon, making door frame clearing and object clearing so much easier.) To: (being able to sit/prop your body against objects insuring cover, and fluid movement in and out of said cover.) Yes I said sitting, for the simple fact that I'd like to just sit on a crate sometime and have a smoke. But also for the future thought of object movement for setting up sniper/over watch positions.

But seriously leetzu, don't give the Dev's the benefit of the doubt on stuff like this especially when they've introduced to us such a high level of detail. 

That point youre making is kind of meh, there is already APC's in the game and 3D concept art of APC's.

The thing i ment is that with such high fidelity and detail it is probably easier to make the APC cannon work than to create a whole new weapon function system for belt fed machineguns. Right now they can just copy paste certain parts of code from weapon to weapon, there would be much more scripting from the start with all the systems they would want to have to make the belt fed machineguns detailed and realistic enough.

I see where you're coming from bruv but my point is the opposite of yours and there is no point in continuing our banter here cause well eventually get the thread locked.  :bewhink: Either way well still enjoy the game.

"Medical supplies will be plentiful, but EFT uses certain conventions too, for example, medkits do not heal appropriately to their contents, but restore health points instead. This is due to the fact that Tarkov is still done with a focus on battle simulator, not survival. Exactly right super hardcore and realistic medicine system will be introduced in Russia 2028, which will be unrelenting (in the words of Nikita). However, if there is an opportunity, EFT will also get continually improved in this aspect. "

Am I the only one confused by this statement? Last I checked EFT was a hardcore survival shooter. You have a primary stash that you need to build up by looting a decaying city under constant threat of rogue citizens called "scavengers". You have hydration and hunger levels that you need to replenish in order to survive. 
This sounds a lot more of a survival shooter than a battle simulator. To then basically keep the medical system as easy as placing a Salewa over a broken limb seems totally backward. To which I more disappointed in than not having an LMG.

As well what is with this speak of having remote controlled APC's? That seems quite out of place. Having PMC's controlling an armored vehicle but not a belt fed machine gun. 

Edited by InfiniteRival
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, InfiniteRival said:

Am I the only one confused by this statement? Last I checked EFT was a hardcore survival shooter. You have a primary stash that you need to build up by looting a decaying city under constant threat of rogue citizens called "scavengers". You have hydration and hunger levels that you need to replenish in order to survive. 
This sounds a lot more of a survival shooter than a battle simulator. To then basically keep the medical system as easy as placing a Salewa over a broken limb seems totally backward. To which I more disappointed in than not having an LMG.

As well what is with this speak of having remote controlled APC's? That seems quite out of place. Having PMC's controlling an armored vehicle but not a belt fed machine gun. 

No eft is a hardcore fps that will go for realism and it will have survival and mmo aspects hence the hydration and hunger..your main goal is to escape not just survive

1 hour ago, Hikaryu said:

@necuja I have kinda other question :) Are you planning to deliver some developer tools for moders in a future ?

Like steam workshop so to speak? There was an answer in faq about this it's a possibility but the definite answer is unknown at this time :P

4 hours ago, InfiniteRival said:

No, I'm afraid EFT is a Hardcore, story based, mmorpg milsim. Some things that are added, are in service of the lore.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, necuja said:

No eft is a hardcore fps that will go for realism and it will have survival and mmo aspects hence the hydration and hunger..your main goal is to escape not just survive

I'm just confused how if the goal is realism. Why are they deciding to keep the medical system dumbed down? With the reasoning that 'this isn't a survival game'  while just because there is a more in-depth medical system does not mean its survival orientated. Regardless of the fact that this game tries to implement survival aspects. 

I feel like preaching this game to be one of the most realistic shooters aspects of survival. While reducing one of the core aspects of a realistic shooter to be as minimalistic and simple as possible is baffling and disappointing.  

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, InfiniteRival said:

I'm just confused how if the goal is realism. Why are they deciding to keep the medical system dumbed down? With the reasoning that 'this isn't a survival game'  while just because there is a more in-depth medical system does not mean its survival orientated. Regardless of the fact that this game tries to implement survival aspects. 

I feel like preaching this game to be one of the most realistic shooters aspects of survival. While reducing one of the core aspects of a realistic shooter to be as minimalistic and simple as possible is baffling and disappointing.  

Well it is all a translation so the real goal can be lost in translation by the end it does state of making medical  system hardcore and realistic so all we can do is wait and see what happens and see what the real goal is.. language barriers always cause misconceptions 

• Upvote 1

Sorry for the double post. But another statement that confused me.

Coop PVE is unrealistic, this just can't be in real life, and therefore it has no place in EFT.

What does this mean? Does this mean you cannot do quests with friends? Or you cannot hunt down scavs with a group? Or are they just referencing the singleplayer storyline that you must complete before hand?
As well how is doing any of these things unrealistic? 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, InfiniteRival said:

Translation is key, and so is their dream goal. They are making a game that they've always wanted. 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, InfiniteRival said:

Sorry for the double post. But another statement that confused me.

What does this mean? Does this mean you cannot do quests with friends? Or you cannot hunt down scavs with a group? Or are they just referencing the singleplayer storyline that you must complete before hand?
As well how is doing any of these things unrealistic? 

its refering to the people who want to be able to just have PVE but have friends with them... so just being a team of usecs taking on the scavs this just wouldnt happen in reality your going to have the bears presence thus why they made this statement youre going to have PVP/PVE because that is a more realistic situation

On 6/9/2017 at 1:32 PM, Sweatshirtolympics said:

+1

6 hours ago, InfiniteRival said:

I've been saying that this game isn't a survival game for quite some time.. Some people just don't listen. *Cough* BreakinSkullz *Cough* 
Lots of streamers kept on saying this, because they did not bother informing themselves of what the game was before playing and now look where we are at. lol

Game is not based on survival, and is not a survival game.

Edited by BudBro
  • Upvote 1

On 6/6/2017 at 8:31 AM, Blackb1rd said:

Mechanics

• Leg wounds causing quite a quick death is realistic. However, legs will get more adjustments (dying from a thorn due to 0 health in the legs won't happen).

picardfacepalm.jpg

oo @leeztu I hope you are right about that mis translation error , and they are talking about static HMG weapons like .50 BMG and Tripod kit etc (like a two man team deal)...........really hope you are right there............it kinda makes sense actually total sense dude........they were talking about a remote controlled APC gun like , you can get it working and itll just.....work.....theres no interaction apart from that.......but a movable HMG system would be way too much (and imagine the weight/slots it would take up etc).........and finding enough .50 BMG in this situation......in Russia to run an MG on would be almost impossible (oh man that actually makes PERFECT sense about what they said with the context of the game and ammo).

Hey you never know there might be some crazy stuff down the road in free roam :P:P 

Ooooooo I hope you are right.........I mean theres PKM/PKP belts on show in the picture..........and 7.62x54r is certainly plentiful as will 7.62x51/.308 for USEC id imagine (when all the traders are in)

Gahhhh but then they said about revolvers etc , which would be more inline with the infantry HMG thing.............gahhhhhhhh driving me crazy lol

Edited by CptBluemax
  • Upvote 2

13 hours ago, BudBro said:

I've been saying that this game isn't a survival game for quite some time.. Some people just don't listen. *Cough* BreakinSkullz *Cough* 
Lots of streamers kept on saying this, because they did not bother informing themselves of what the game was before playing and now look where we are at. lol

Game is not based on survival, and is not a survival game.

Escape From Tarkov is at its core a Battle simulator, situated in harsh conditions with added survival elements. Hunger, thirst, medical system, radiation and bio hazards. While all of these mechanics are not the games main focus, Escape From Tarkov is a survival shooter to a degree, it just doesn't focus on the survival elements as heavily. 

• Upvote 3