Blackb1rd

The interview with the head of BSG Nikita Buyanov

On 6/6/2017 at 10:42 AM, Natalino said:

It states a possibility. It can even detect Skype if instructed is what it says. Just to give a simple example of how it works in regards to this.

I've a question could you explain the indept what is considering cheating? because i like to hear you say marcos will be considered a cheat, but if so? is all macros illegal or only macros that can benefit in fight or will auto run be consider a possible cheat too?

Well to those in force demanding communication with the developers, you got it.  From the head of the company!  They showed that they are here, listening, and pandering to the requests.  In return they ask for people to think critically and for harmony among the community.  

What do they get in return?  More arguing, more bickering, more criticism, more demands, more questions, more doomsday forecasts.  

People adding context to translated text that isn't there.  Especially to the quote, "Leg wounds causing quite a quick death is realistic."  Adding instakill context to this quote that isn't there and ignoring the very problem they have is being addressed in the next sentence.  Sigh... People don't read and think critically.  

Too few are the positive replies to a thoughtful interview from the head of the company.  Whom is sick during this interview, to boot.   

Well thank you to the moderators, tech support, emmisars, sherpas, streamers, and developers for all of the work you do.  Thank you for loving and being dedicated enough to the project to work weekends!  EFT has a bright future ahead.  :x  

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Kleanuppguy said:

Escape From Tarkov is at its core a Battle simulator, situated in harsh conditions with added survival elements. Hunger, thirst, medical system, radiation and bio hazards. While all of these mechanics are not the games main focus, Escape From Tarkov is a survival shooter to a degree, it just doesn't focus on the survival elements as heavily. 

I quoted this exactly and was banned from his channel. I was polite and said this one time. lol So yeah, I'm not disagreeing.. The game has survival elements, I stated this on stream, but is not it's main focus.

I've been preaching this from the start.

Edited by BudBro

4 hours ago, Kleanuppguy said:

Escape From Tarkov is at its core a Battle simulator, situated in harsh conditions with added survival elements. Hunger, thirst, medical system, radiation and bio hazards. While all of these mechanics are not the games main focus, Escape From Tarkov is a survival shooter to a degree, it just doesn't focus on the survival elements as heavily. 

Bring some hope into my life. Please tell me you guys are actually going to take the damage system seriously, leg damage as the main focus in that question. I mean sure if you get hit in the leg a few times by a full powered rifle cartridge like a 308 or 7.62x54mmR you are definitely not going to be okay but currently two 9mm bullets can instantly kill you as if the bone in your leg is an extension of your spine. There's nothing important down there besides blood vessels. They are not immediately life threatening injuries especially from pistol cartridges that are very well known to wound and not kill even with shots to the torso and regularly the head believe it or not. 

Edited by TwistedSunshine

3 minutes ago, TwistedSunshine said:

Bring some hope into my life. Please tell me you guys are actually going to take the damage system seriously, leg damage as the main focus in that question. I mean sure if you get hit in the leg a few times by a full powered rifle cartridge like a 308 or 7.62x54mmR you are definitely not going to be okay but currently two 9mm bullets can instantly kill you as if the bone in your leg is an extension of your spine. There's nothing important down there besides blood vessels. They are not immediately life threatening injuries especially from pistol cartridges that are very well known to wound and not kill even with shots to the torso and regularly the head believe it or not. 

You missed the point where Nikita tells us that health is a points based system. So how many points do 9mm reduce the overall health points? This is still a game remember.

1 hour ago, FredTheNoob said:

Nice to see the anticheat system being implemented this early on!

It's been in the game for awhile. It alerts them, and gives them info to review--but the release version, will work as intended from the beginning..automatically.

25 minutes ago, Colonel Twerkins said:

You missed the point where Nikita tells us that health is a points based system. So how many points do 9mm reduce the overall health points? This is still a game remember.

Well if we consider the health points as tissue ie flesh and bone, Let's say each leg has 100 hp. With reductions in HP there should be effects applied such as that limb functioning at a lower degree of effectiveness, on top of that with lower hit points there should be a possibility of a special effect such as an artery being severed increasing as the hit points decrease resulting in extreme blood loss to the point where if not treated immediately loss of consciousness would occur though this type of injury could occur with the initial injury though far more rare than if the leg was already in bad condition. HOPEFULLY that makes a lick of sense. 

Now damage of the different cartridges can be tweaked of course but as a baseline off the top of my head?

9mm = 15hp per hit with fully jackated ammunition and 27hp with frangible rounds. That's 4 hits with frangible bullets leaving the leg in a very poor state however even at this point with 0 hp the leg should NEVER result in you being killed with another hit, instead the severed artery effect should increase with each hit, so in simple terms you should ONLY die from the severed artery special effect. 

5.56/5.45 = fully jacketed ammunition should result in 35hp of damage, frangible rounds should inflict 45hp.

7.62x39 = 40 hp of damage with fully jacketed ammunition, frangible rounds should inflict 50. 

308/7.62x54mmR = 75hp damage with fully jacketed ammunition and 90hp damage with frangible rounds. 

You die from leg wounds from blood loss, that eventually results in shock as your organs get starved of oxygen rich blood resulting in you going into cardiac arrest accompanying your death shortly after. Nothing in your legs are per say required for you to live. That's why ladies and gentleman there are people without legs or arms that are very much alive, unlike people without two lungs, a spine, a brain a heart, liver, kidney... you get the point. 

I should also add, the torso is a tricky bit of business to balance also. Pistol cartridges are capable but not likely to kill you immediately either. You have to go with what fits into the real world, getting shot in the upper chest with your heart and lungs may result in a non immediately life threatening wound to your lung or it may hit you in the heart killing you fairly quickly, you could simulate this with hitboxes separating the important/less important organs. It all really boils down to what makes sense here? Example being the amount of HP damage I think the 9mm fully jacketed ammunition does to your HP. The reason behind that is the actual tissue damage inflicted by such a bullet is minimal, it just doesn't carry the velocity and power required to make large cavities and damage to surrounding tissue. You need to have decent to great shot placement to effectively outright kill. 

• Upvote 5

@TwistedSunshine I get what your saying but remember where nikita stated the part of dying from a thorn due to 0 hp in the legs  will not happen.. that statement basically cleared up for you that the leg mechanics of damage are being adjusted and fixed

8 minutes ago, necuja said:

@TwistedSunshine I get what your saying but remember where nikita stated the part of dying from a thorn due to 0 hp in the legs  will not happen.. that statement basically cleared up for you that the leg mechanics of damage are being adjusted and fixed

That's right, I noticed that also and even though it does bring a bit of hope into my idea the way he speaks of how quickly you can die from a leg wound is ridiculous to anyone who understands terminal ballistics and the human anatomy. It's pure cringe.

Ps in my previous comment I made an error, you can indeed live without a kidney, as you have two. Lol 

• Upvote 1

i think instead of an instant death , when you get shot in the leg with 0 hp there should be a more intense bleeding , resulting in a quick but not instant death

Edited by pimba224
bad english
  • Upvote 1

I wont restate previous posts of mine but TwistedSunshine is among the hand full of us that get it.

+1

Not saying the Dev's don't know what they're talking about but if the health system could be tweaked just a bit more I think we'll have gold. Adrenaline for instance covers up the feeling of pain yes? (this has been brought up previously)  So what a better way of delaying effects of damage so as not to interrupt the flow of combat/prolonging the combat periods.

• Upvote 2

24 minutes ago, Sweatshirtolympics said:

I wont restate previous posts of mine but TwistedSunshine is among the hand full of us that get it.

+1

Not saying the Dev's don't know what they're talking about but if the health system could be tweaked just a bit more I think we'll have gold. Adrenaline for instance covers up the feeling of pain yes? (this has been brought up previously)  So what a better way of delaying effects of damage so as not to interrupt the flow of combat/prolonging the combat periods.

Very cool idea. 

This is the kind of detailed review of updates iv been raging about!

I have been gone from this game for some time on accounts of work and Twitch streaming another game in alpha. This is one of the first things i read when i came back and was VERY happy to see a myriad of updated project info. This is something i recall us "testers" begging for in Q1.

I am humbled by the fact they heard us and are keeping up better. I know the road to developing something of Tarkov magnitude has factors that make organizing public relations difficult at best but we needed it badly as consumers that want our input heard on aspects of the game BEFORE they are implemented. 

Now that we have the devs hearing us out better, we should see updates coming with less forum rage in response. BSG knows what game they want to put in game, now our input for what works is being quickly relayed, and (as someone taking this all a little too seriously) those of us who are trying to help are much less frustrated.

In short, Thank you Battlestate and @Blackb1rd.

For everyone worrying about belt-feds, here's this 

Q: In the interview with COO Nikita, there was an answer given that there would not be any belt fed machine guns. But there were mentions of RPK before and we have seen it on videos of the studio. We also have a skill tree for it. So are these machine guns never being added or just not at this moment? And maybe do we get drum-mag ones and not the others? Can we please, clarify this more?

A: There will be belt fed MGs; We did not say that there would not be any belt fed machine guns, only that it is tedious to implement at this time.

If the closed beta didn't come out yet like you stated months ago , when will the open beta come? I know you said its not sure yet and please don't take this as hate or anything like that either . Thanks!

On 6.06.2017 at 5:33 PM, CptBluemax said:

really actually confused here , talking about booby trapping bodies , wire traps , RPGS and even the RPO-A-SHMEL (which is actually the launcher in the BEAR operators backpack on the main page)..................but no belt fed machine guns?When HMGS were there from the beginning?

I can understand not loads of them come on , but at least a handful of iconic ones , PKP/PKM , M60/M240b , SAW and maybe a few others?Doesn't need to be loads of them

Really hope we still get a good amount of LMGs with drum mags (heck ill take the RPK with a 40 lol)

most confused :/

looks like they mentioned belt fed specifically so HMGs,id imagine we will still get the magazine fed LMGs or LSWs..............man I hope we will...........I mean we HAVE to get the RPKs theres definitely going to be those.

@CptBluemax well said ... im little afraid  becouse  in ak74   y can have  mag 60 or maybe in future  75 ammo (drum mag)  so  you can only add longer barel and some  attachment.. and y c an mode  your  ak to rpk.....   so what about 100 or 150 piece ammo belt...   so they  can  made single use  belt if they afraid for  ammo boxest.... they can give Mg   only one  per side... ( eg  BEAR PKM and  for USEC M240)

Edited by krasnal595
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, krasnal595 said:

@CptBluemax well said ... im little afraid  becouse  in ak74   y can have  mag 60 or maybe in future  75 ammo (drum mag)  so  you can only add longer barel and some  attachment.. and y c an mode  your  ak to rpk.....   so what about 100 or 150 piece ammo belt...   so they  can  made single use  belt if they afraid for  ammo boxest.... they can give Mg   only one  per side... ( eg  BEAR PKM and  for USEC M240)

thankfully dude , its look like it was all a bit of a mix up , and they just are not a priority.

You can imagine the amount of attention going into a belt fed mg with this quality of gun attention............literally probably have 5 heavy mgs for 15-25 other weapons?(no idea im not too hot on design)

Yeah we gotta have that PKM and 240 at least bro!

Heavy MG really is a free roam weapon in my mind :P 

Edited by CptBluemax
  • Upvote 1

@CptBluemax  yeah  i read  about this we get  belt feded  mg  but not  now  (sad) :P  but  only we got a submachinegun  ,  rifles and sniper firfles.... where the heck we   have ours :cannedmilk:  lmg's haha  for  me  there must be in beta  one  lmg or two :D   but as we now  they dont add jamming weapon,etc. but  we must  be patient

4 hours ago, krasnal595 said:

@CptBluemax  yeah  i read  about this we get  belt feded  mg  but not  now  (sad) :P  but  only we got a submachinegun  ,  rifles and sniper firfles.... where the heck we   have ours :cannedmilk:  lmg's haha  for  me  there must be in beta  one  lmg or two :D   but as we now  they dont add jamming weapon,etc. but  we must  be patient

yeah loads off stuff taken a little backstep , scav pain shock , no weapon jaming  , no mastering at the moment.

Probably taken lots of things out to rework them etc for CBT

41 minutes ago, krasnal595 said:

we must wait for beta :D  but then  i need some pkm :D hah so exaited :D  cant wait to  back and play @CptBluemax what kind  of lmg  y want?

lmg dude , im happy with the original 7.62x39 RPK with the 40 or 75 round drum :P

I really really want the PKP or the PKM for the heavy belt fed though , just that thing clattering away spewing 7.62x54r would be glorious.

Im sure theres a few model of USEC trophy LMG I might use once in a while , really hope theres some light SOCOM style variants with the cloth 50/100 round bags :P 

@CptBluemax pkm  for me ;)  maybe  for  lmg  AWS  from  bf 4 hmm ;)   i cant wait   wjen the devs  says  hello we want to introduce new weapon :D  nad   there  will be  PKM :D

On ‎6‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 3:54 PM, TwistedSunshine said:

Well if we consider the health points as tissue ie flesh and bone, Let's say each leg has 100 hp. With reductions in HP there should be effects applied such as that limb functioning at a lower degree of effectiveness, on top of that with lower hit points there should be a possibility of a special effect such as an artery being severed increasing as the hit points decrease resulting in extreme blood loss to the point where if not treated immediately loss of consciousness would occur though this type of injury could occur with the initial injury though far more rare than if the leg was already in bad condition. HOPEFULLY that makes a lick of sense. 

Now damage of the different cartridges can be tweaked of course but as a baseline off the top of my head?

9mm = 15hp per hit with fully jackated ammunition and 27hp with frangible rounds. That's 4 hits with frangible bullets leaving the leg in a very poor state however even at this point with 0 hp the leg should NEVER result in you being killed with another hit, instead the severed artery effect should increase with each hit, so in simple terms you should ONLY die from the severed artery special effect. 

5.56/5.45 = fully jacketed ammunition should result in 35hp of damage, frangible rounds should inflict 45hp.

7.62x39 = 40 hp of damage with fully jacketed ammunition, frangible rounds should inflict 50. 

308/7.62x54mmR = 75hp damage with fully jacketed ammunition and 90hp damage with frangible rounds. 

You die from leg wounds from blood loss, that eventually results in shock as your organs get starved of oxygen rich blood resulting in you going into cardiac arrest accompanying your death shortly after. Nothing in your legs are per say required for you to live. That's why ladies and gentleman there are people without legs or arms that are very much alive, unlike people without two lungs, a spine, a brain a heart, liver, kidney... you get the point. 

I should also add, the torso is a tricky bit of business to balance also. Pistol cartridges are capable but not likely to kill you immediately either. You have to go with what fits into the real world, getting shot in the upper chest with your heart and lungs may result in a non immediately life threatening wound to your lung or it may hit you in the heart killing you fairly quickly, you could simulate this with hitboxes separating the important/less important organs. It all really boils down to what makes sense here? Example being the amount of HP damage I think the 9mm fully jacketed ammunition does to your HP. The reason behind that is the actual tissue damage inflicted by such a bullet is minimal, it just doesn't carry the velocity and power required to make large cavities and damage to surrounding tissue. You need to have decent to great shot placement to effectively outright kill. 

Actually 5.56mm rounds that are green tip dodic A059 are designed to bounce around in the body. so should in theory do more tissue damage than a steel tipped (ab57 or ab58 round.) Steel tip rounds tend to cauterize a wound sealing on exit but are more viable vs heavily armored enemies.

9mm rounds can be as devastating its all a matter of where you are shot. If you shoot a bone its trajectory can majorly change.

Most military grade ammunition are all fmj. Since hollow point rounds I believe are not allowed to be used by nations in a conflict.

my point is:

I feel all this attempt at realism with misconceptions will not make the game better. There's only so much "realism" that you can implement before the game it self becomes stupid.

Make the game fun, exhilarating, with challenge, and stalker did it right.

What I would do is make a few different bullet types for all different calibers. Unless its a shotgun carl gustav dyshka etc since there are multiple variants.

Fmj military standard

or hollow point civilian accessible.

then API for .50 cal

Edited by Choppywee