Scruffy

CW Recomendation

Patfast

You guys should definitely play CW at least once since it's on the same engine as EFT. The game has some really cool concepts like scope DOF and the customization is quite possibly the deepest I've ever seen in an FPS.

ivantherussian
1 hour ago, Patfast said:

You guys should definitely play CW at least once since it's on the same engine as EFT. The game has some really cool concepts like scope DOF and the customization is quite possibly the deepest I've ever seen in an FPS.

Baby. CW is not made in the same engine as EFT

CW is on unity

EFT is on unity 5

NOT THE SAME. dear embassador supreme master of the world. Love u baby we should play CW some day actually. 

PD: just kidding with baby no homo my love

Edited by ivantherussian

Hedloc
17 minutes ago, ivantherussian said:

CW is on unity

EFT is on unity 5

NOT THE SAME. dear embassador supreme master of the world. Love u baby we should play CW some day actually. 

that's probably the most disturbing post i've read  on this forum , ever !!!

• Upvote 1

Europoor
41 minutes ago, ivantherussian said:

CW is on unity

EFT is on unity 5

23 minutes ago, Hedloc said:

that's probably the most disturbing post i've read  on this forum , ever !!!

reminded me of this video :DDD (feel free to remove, but don't report)

Patfast
1 hour ago, ivantherussian said:

CW is on unity

EFT is on unity 5

Autism_Speaks_Logo.jpg

• Upvote 1

VinceVega
On 3/7/2016 at 0:23 PM, Scruffy said:

I just decided to play some CW (Contract Wars) , and let me tell you something...

I LOVED IT.

never been a fan of browser games, but i saw some vids and seems realy nice, i will give it a try since CW has a connection with EFT universe

Hedloc

so i've been playing casually evenings after work  for about an hour at a time  and i'm lvl 22 now ,but a thing still amazes me , i mostly finish first or at least top 3 from my team, which i find a bit suspicious, i was good at shooting people in video games but never this good, 

Am i that good or should i wait until high level matchmaking for more challenging games ?

Edited by Hedloc

eltdrgntmr
2 hours ago, Hedloc said:

so i've been playing casually evenings after work  for about an hour at a time  and i'm lvl 22 now ,but a thing still amazes me , i mostly finish first or at least top 3 from my team, which i find a bit suspicious, i was good at shooting people in video games but never this good, 

Am i that good or should i wait until high level matchmaking for more challenging games ?

yeah i never really got how bad players levels 40- were. granted, i sucked at the game until level 20, but occasionally I made alts to play in the lower level ranges and man seems as if some of these guys have never played video games.

that's probably true though, since 80% of the playerbase is now from Facebook.

once you get to level 59, you'll learn to start raging at everything ;)

Edited by eltdrgntmr

Alpha-30k
On 3/6/2016 at 5:23 AM, Scruffy said:

Hi guys,

I just decided to play some CW (Contract Wars) , and let me tell you something...

I LOVED IT.

If ETF gets to be an improved version of CW on a bigger map I will be happy as a kid in a candy store.

I highly recommend CW to anyone waiting for alpha and people who are looking to waste some time. I believe that mechanic are similar to upcoming ETF, and this will give you some first hand experience of what will come.

Link for CW: http://www.contractwarsgame.com/

I know this wont be interesting to some, but I hope that at least someone find this post useful. Also, this game will run in your browser so no need to download a game to play.

Cheers

Here's the thing about CW. You can play that game for one to two game and instantly judge it saying "This is some crappy web-browser game!" However, if you keep playing you start noticing the COOLEST in game mechanics. For example, the scopes, the gun reload animations, the gameplay, and CHANGING WEATHER?!?! You tell me one game that changes the weather of the map slowly from one phase to another. You could be playing on a clean map and a dusting of snow crops up, but as the fight continues the snow builds until it is a hefty coating. THAT is the kind of detail I am talking about and it is exactly why I put my faith in Battlestate games. Now if I never made that clear in any of my other posts saying why I trust these guys then there it is. F-ING DETAIL!!! :D

Scruffy
38 minutes ago, SilentOption said:

Here's the thing about CW. You can play that game for one to two game and instantly judge it saying "This is some crappy web-browser game!" However, if you keep playing you start noticing the COOLEST in game mechanics. For example, the scopes, the gun reload animations, the gameplay, and CHANGING WEATHER?!?! You tell me one game that changes the weather of the map slowly from one phase to another. You could be playing on a clean map and a dusting of snow crops up, but as the fight continues the snow builds until it is a hefty coating. THAT is the kind of detail I am talking about and it is exactly why I put my faith in Battlestate games. Now if I never made that clear in any of my other posts saying why I trust these guys then there it is. F-ING DETAIL!!! :D

When I first saw the division trailer, I thought, OMG, this is promising. 

Further development went on and what I saw detered me from buying into it. Bullet sponging is just one of many reasons.

And then, I saw EFT! Everything that I expected from The Division I found here. Great level of details with great FPS mechanic and skill tree for great RPG part! 

Battlestategames, shut up and take my money! :) 

Oh, wait, you already did! :) lol 

vicwiz007

Funny you mention that bullet sponge thing. I said on a division review on YouTube that the fsct you had to shoot an entire AK clip in the back of a guys head to kill him was a big turn off... I got called an idiot    :l the guy would not explain why of course.

For me this game looks like it does everything rright that was wrong with dayz but with so many more features and an engine that doesn't require a supercomputer. I've said before that I dont trust the trailers for being a good thing to base the game off, but for all the other aapocalyptic survival games I knew they would be bad just by the ttrailers. I ddon't feel that way with this one...

Maybe that means something   :)

Scruffy
2 hours ago, vicwiz007 said:

Funny you mention that bullet sponge thing. I said on a division review on YouTube that the fsct you had to shoot an entire AK clip in the back of a guys head to kill him was a big turn off... I got called an idiot    :l the guy would not explain why of course.

For me this game looks like it does everything rright that was wrong with dayz but with so many more features and an engine that doesn't require a supercomputer. I've said before that I dont trust the trailers for being a good thing to base the game off, but for all the other aapocalyptic survival games I knew they would be bad just by the ttrailers. I ddon't feel that way with this one...

Maybe that means something   :)

To me, The Division could've just been done in a style of Diablo and it wouldn't change a thing. If you take shooting skills away everything falls to "left click on enemy to shoot, right click to use special ability". If you remove FPS or (TPS in this case) you get left with 21 century Diablo ;)

sijiwgq92136

This is just the alpha test for EFT.  With that in mind "What should our expectations be?".  Lets be reasonable here.  The finished product is months away with beta tests to come as well.