EOD Edition

BrandonS101

BrandonS101

Just a reminder to all of those who where thinking about buying the edge of darkness edition, EOD ends when the alpha ends, this is very soon so  I would suggest buying it NOW! This is going to be a great game and you should definitely support it if you considering it!

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• WazzaShifty

• PotatoWarriah

• AcornMythos

• AODqw97

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

ehhh well sure if you really feel that generous but i think theyve gotten more than enough support already if you really think you might want EoD it should be for the tomahawk and all future DLC

One of the few games where the subjectively high price is worthwhile. The advantages to the "normal" edition are not negligible. Bottom line I do not regret the purchase, and can only recommend you

@RipGroove Don't know if it's of interest to you but I use a Rocatt Tyon mouse which has I think 20 programmable functions (has a shift key). But what it also has is a paddle on the side. I flip the p

Posted Images

Porter1705

One of the few games where the subjectively high price is worthwhile. The advantages to the "normal" edition are not negligible. Bottom line I do not regret the purchase, and can only recommend you

• Upvote 2

oh cool EOD is only being sold during alpha, didn't know that, when does the alpha end?  If it's ending soon I need to play with my guns in actual raids.

BrandonS101
18 minutes ago, NateLB said:

oh cool EOD is only being sold during alpha, didn't know that, when does the alpha end?  If it's ending soon I need to play with my guns in actual raids.

its ending soon

BrandonS101
4 hours ago, PoeticSinner said:

Next patch is the last for alpha. 

Ya, so after this patch, when they do the next patch. You will not be able to buy Edge of Darkness again.

• Upvote 1
RainmakerM4

Hey guys,
I need all the info/help I can get. I finally can buy/preorder Escape from Tarkov. I am sitting on the preorder page and thinking if I should go for "Standard edition" or "Prepare for Escape edition". 

The things that I am thinking about are:
How hard is to get larger secure containter if I get Standard edition? Traders, equipment etc. etc. If I go for PFE edition, it says I will have 75% chance of playing it immediately (alpha version, while beta is just around the corner - standard edition). 

Whats your take on all? Thank you, with hopes you will clear my doubts,
Rain

P.S. Sorry if I somehow hijacked the thread with my post. I couldn't opet a new one.

Detector

To my knowledge, the bonuses that come with the PfE edition will be available to all players through in-game means. There is no concrete information about what you need to do for a bigger stash, for example, but I imagine you will have to do some quests for it. 

Beta is around the corner, so you will need to decide for yourself whether the added money is worth it at this point.

RainmakerM4

I just bought Prepare for Escape edition!

Wanted to help out developers and get in the game faster (chance of getting into alpha 75%). This is the most money I have ever spent on a game. I would have got Edge of Darkness edition but its out of my reach at the moment, money wise.

I would really like to play it, find and report bugs in alpha! Can't wait to try it...

• Upvote 1
AcornMythos
24 minutes ago, RainmakerM4 said:

I just bought Prepare for Escape edition!

Wanted to help out developers and get in the game faster (chance of getting into alpha 75%). This is the most money I have ever spent on a game. I would have got Edge of Darkness edition but its out of my reach at the moment, money wise.

I would really like to play it, find and report bugs in alpha! Can't wait to try it...

I bought the Prepare for Escape edition myself, I would love EoD but the extra 40$ is a bit much for me. I believe the purchase will be worthwhile, and if the Beta comes out at the end of July I might have upgraded before then :P

I had a question about the EOD edition, it states that players will start with initially good standing with traders. Does that mean we'll start at a higher level? Or will they implement another system other than the current level system that this applies to?

RainmakerM4
16 minutes ago, LupusEtMagni said:

I bought the Prepare for Escape edition myself, I would love EoD but the extra 40$ is a bit much for me. I believe the purchase will be worthwhile, and if the Beta comes out at the end of July I might have upgraded before then :P

Did you receive any kind of key or launcher for playing the game (alpha version)? I am trying to figure it out myself. No emails or any indication if I got in alpha yet... Let me know if you got anyting.

AcornMythos

No I havnt got into the Alpha, which means we werent selected for the last wave they did :( but atleast beta is coming soon 

AcornMythos
4 minutes ago, RainmakerM4 said:

Did you receive any kind of key or launcher for playing the game (alpha version)? I am trying to figure it out myself. No emails or any indication if I got in alpha yet... Let me know if you got anyting.

And in all honesty I hope the beta drops near the end of the month so I have the money to upgrade lol

Malbatorus
2 minutes ago, LupusEtMagni said:

And in all honesty I hope the beta drops near the end of the month so I have the money to upgrade lol

Apparently it starts on the 12th though my source of information isnt one I'd trust, it fits with other stuff ive heard.

AcornMythos
1 minute ago, Malbatorus said:

Apparently it starts on the 12th though my source of information isnt one I'd trust, it fits with other stuff ive heard.

Ill have the money by then soooo :P

Edited by LupusEtMagni
vicwiz007

i dont regret getting EoD but considering how close beta is, if youve waited this long, I think you can wait another month and stick with the lower package.

AcornMythos
Just now, vicwiz007 said:

i dont regret getting EoD but considering how close beta is, if youve waited this long, I think you can wait another month and stick with the lower package.

I could, but maybe I want to support them :P

vicwiz007
Just now, LupusEtMagni said:

I could, but maybe I want to support them :P

ehhh well sure if you really feel that generous but i think theyve gotten more than enough support already xD

if you really think you might want EoD it should be for the tomahawk and all future DLC

• Upvote 2
AcornMythos
Just now, vicwiz007 said:

ehhh well sure if you really feel that generous but i think theyve gotten more than enough support already xD

if you really think you might want EoD it should be for the tomahawk and all future DLC

Main reason im getting it is for the season pass TBH, I dont mind a little grind

• Upvote 1
vicwiz007
Just now, LupusEtMagni said:

Main reason im getting it is for the season pass TBH, I dont mind a little grind

thats a good reason. They said they have some cool DLC planned like a snowy zone. The grind is not bad tbh, its kinda annoying now because we get reset every month or whatever, but think about later down the line upon release you will want it to be kinda hard to level up because youll be playing for a long time and dont want to reach top tier immediately.

Not to mention all the cool features coming that will make it feel like you arent grinding. Playing the same few maps over and over like we have to now probably contributes to the feeling. Even now its not too bad though

• Upvote 1