Underground Combat

starwars5581

So I was wondering how the underground combat and exploration would be like in Escape from Tarkov. 

I do hope that there might be a kind of Underground Railway System, although I have some doubts after reading the setting of the city.

In the trailers and stuff we have seen small snippets of underground sewage systems and pipes under factories (I think?) but it looks a bit boring. 

I wonder if we will have proper tunnels, catacombs and installations that have atmosphere. Take metro for example: 

5-13-2013_00.jpg

Another Creepy Picture: 

latest?cb=20100412231406

Underground would also make a great place for black markets with traders and factions bases. Example again: 

Metro-Last-Light-4.jpg

Edited by starwars5581
  • Upvote 7

That would be really great! The Metro serie is good because you're 90 % of the time underground, and it's AMAZING ! Even though it's linear and you can't really explore much, it's still really good. Please make undergrouns tunnels, and not like the ones in Nether, cause they're really bad.

• Upvote 1

Instant +1 because Metro 2033 is an incredible game and I absolutely love the aesthetic in that game.

Unfortunately, you have to understand that the storyline of Metro and EFT are entirely different. Metro takes place in a world in which America nukes Russia in 2013 and a small group of people spend the next 20 years creating an entirely new civilization underground. When the surviving Russians retreated underground, all the shops and hideouts weren't even there, in fact if you were to go to the Russian underground today you'd find it's essentially just another underground subway system, with no real Metro 2033 influence. As such, it'd be kind of hard for EFT to have the same kind of mechanic since the Russians have no real need to go underground (unless they're doing something batshit crazy like building nukes, THAT would be awesome :begreat:). Although seeing this thread makes me kinda curious, is the Metro-2/D6 even real? According to Google it's just a myth that was started from the time of Stalin, however I'm not Russian myself, soooooo...who knows? Maybe they'll find some way to weave it into the story, a la WoW.

В 09.03.2016в05:00, Patfast сказал:

Instant +1 because Metro 2033 is an incredible game and I absolutely love the aesthetic in that game.

Unfortunately, you have to understand that the storyline of Metro and EFT are entirely different. Metro takes place in a world in which America nukes Russia in 2013 and a small group of people spend the next 20 years creating an entirely new civilization underground. When the surviving Russians retreated underground, all the shops and hideouts weren't even there, in fact if you were to go to the Russian underground today you'd find it's essentially just another underground subway system, with no real Metro 2033 influence. As such, it'd be kind of hard for EFT to have the same kind of mechanic since the Russians have no real need to go underground (unless they're doing something batshit crazy like building nukes, THAT would be awesome :begreat:). Although seeing this thread makes me kinda curious, is the Metro-2/D6 even real? According to Google it's just a myth that was started from the time of Stalin, however I'm not Russian myself, soooooo...who knows? Maybe they'll find some way to weave it into the story, a la WoW.

Well, the answer to the topic is "maybe" (details regarding the story and locations are limited only to people directly working on it), but according to pre-history TerraGroup did have underground facilities in the vicinity of Tarkov, so there are chances.

Metro-2 (fictional name, real codename is unknown) exists, it was confirmed several times by former civilian officials who were related to it in some degree (presidential chief of protocol, ex-Moscow Metro chief), however, the rest of the data is classified.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Claus said:

TerraGroup did have underground facilities in the vicinity of Tarkov, so there are chances.

nice to hear that! i saw in the screenshots the great job you guys did in the open world of tarkov, some underground facilities will add another interesting aspect in this city. :)

The subway might happen in Tarkov, but we are not ready to say that it will defenetly happen

Also, FROM MY PERSONAL KNOWLEDGE(and knowing a guy who work in subway), real subways are way more boring(and we already said that we have realistic approach), than the ones that you might see in the games(no cool bridges, insane hubs, etc, mostly tunnels with holes to store instruments and equipment). Its just rail transit system, which is very similar to the surface one.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, TarkovEscaper said:

The subway might happen in Tarkov, but we are not ready to say that it will defenetly happen

Also, FROM MY PERSONAL KNOWLEDGE(and knowing a guy who work in subway), real subways are way more boring(and we already said that we have realistic approach), than the ones that you might see in the games(no cool bridges, insane hubs, etc, mostly tunnels with holes to store instruments and equipment). Its just rail transit system, which is very similar to the surface one.

that would still introduce an interesting mechanic to the game: travel outside in the open or travel in the shadows in a subway tunnel? bring your flashlight or turn it off because someone else might be in the tunnels?

now whether that mechanic would be fun or not I wouldn't know ;)

8 hours ago, TarkovEscaper said:

If it was anything like the Metro 2033 book, Id imagine it would be pretty interesting, but that would be an entire other world for you to create and it probably wouldnt be that useful, maybe you could add a raid or two where the goal is to escape through the metro, then youd only have to make a little bit of a subway system.

Edited by Avexum

On 3/8/2016 at 8:00 PM, Patfast said:

Unfortunately, you have to understand that the storyline of Metro and EFT are entirely different. Metro takes place in a world in which America nukes Russia in 2013 and a small group of people spend the next 20 years creating an entirely new civilization underground. 

If you read the book youd see that the world was reduced to ruins everywhere, not just America nuking Russia.... the books are amazing, btw, Id recommend obtaining them if you havent.

On 3/17/2016 at 6:52 PM, Avexum said:

If you read the book youd see that the world was reduced to ruins everywhere, not just America nuking Russia.... the books are amazing, btw, Id recommend obtaining them if you havent.

Yes, but I'm specifically referring to the situation in Russia, and how the entire Metro "community" came about.

Edited by Patfast

30 minutes ago, Dex (Aust) said:

Here is my usual response to positive developments by DEV::x

Bear-HUG.jpg

Are you calling dev team a bunch of girls? :D  LoL

...Or is it some of your Goldilocks fetishes?

3 hours ago, Scruffy said:

Are you calling dev team a bunch of girls? :D  LoL

...Or is it some of your Goldilocks fetishes?

Don't think that DEV would have appreciated my other response as much. LOL xD

tumblr_lrn56lZqvy1qd1k34.png

• Upvote 2