K1zlyar

Movement Dynamics + Crafting

K1zlyar

Hey guys,

So, I absolutely love your work. I've just got a couple of ideas.

I was playing Survarium and I really like how they have done different features for different factions/character profiles. I like how, as a generalization, 2 factions in Survarium are typified by having a lower weight limit, less access to heavy armor, but having greater stamina, being faster and quieter on their feet and more proficient with long range weapons (perhaps they could also be better at assassination/melee). Whilst the other 2 can carry heavy weights, have higher grade armor, but are slower, louder and focus on short-mid range weaponry with higher damage outputs.

I guess this is also a fairly realistic concept. Wearing a NIJ class IV Molle vest with front and rear plates will weigh in around 15 kg plus all your ammo bags and pouches. If you were to sprint 200m and then try to shoulder it, it wouldn't be easy, you may catch you're rifle or sling on a pouch etc. None the less you could take hits from an AK without break through. And reload would be faster due to ergonomic pouches.

On the flipside, if you had a NIJ class IIIA covert vest weighing in at 6 kg with a comfortable jacket over the top, your ability to move is enhanced, your aiming speed faster and your fatigue levels lower. But if you get hit by an AK... ouch. And reloading from a pocket or satchel bag would be slower.

Another thought... I was thinking about if I were in a survival situation in a hostile city. What would I be doing? ... probably scavenging for whatever I could find. I think it would also be really cool and realistic for crafting and customization to play a large role, especially early on in the game when finances may be tight.  For instance, say you find a knife, but it has no sheath... You're then clearing and scavenging your way through a building and you come across a leather or canvas sofa, or even a seatbelt out of a car... You can scavenge it, along with nylon cord from venetian blinds or curtains, and craft it into a basic sheath, thus improving your melee skill and speed.

Here are a few other ideas of scavengable materials and their possible uses:

Seat belt                                  -                                   Rifle sling/sheath

Wire                                         -                                   Lock picks

Radio parts/electronics            -                                   Basic jammers/transmission boosters

Chemicals                                -                                   Explosives/diversions

Pipe/plumbing fittings               -                                   Suppressors/flash hiders/muzzle brakes

Scrap metal/springs/blades      -                                   Traps/snares/alarms

Motors/alternators                    -                                   Generators

As for weapons, I'd love to see suppressed firearms such as the AAC Honeybadger, AS VAL, VSS Vintorez as well as detachables, because... common sense says when you're alone in a hostile city, best try not to be seen (ghillie suits could be cool too) or heard. 

These are just ideas, I may be suggesting what others before me already have.

And I realize that you Devs have more than enough on your plate! But you're legends IMO.

Cheers

• Upvote 1

Jamba
On 3/8/2016 at 9:35 AM, K1zlyar said:

Hey guys,

So, I absolutely love your work. I've just got a couple of ideas.

I was playing Survarium and I really like how they have done different features for different factions/character profiles. I like how, as a generalization, 2 factions in Survarium are typified by having a lower weight limit, less access to heavy armor, but having greater stamina, being faster and quieter on their feet and more proficient with long range weapons (perhaps they could also be better at assassination/melee). Whilst the other 2 can carry heavy weights, have higher grade armor, but are slower, louder and focus on short-mid range weaponry with higher damage outputs.

I guess this is also a fairly realistic concept. Wearing a NIJ class IV Molle vest with front and rear plates will weigh in around 15 kg plus all your ammo bags and pouches. If you were to sprint 200m and then try to shoulder it, it wouldn't be easy, you may catch you're rifle or sling on a pouch etc. None the less you could take hits from an AK without break through. And reload would be faster due to ergonomic pouches.

On the flipside, if you had a NIJ class IIIA covert vest weighing in at 6 kg with a comfortable jacket over the top, your ability to move is enhanced, your aiming speed faster and your fatigue levels lower. But if you get hit by an AK... ouch. And reloading from a pocket or satchel bag would be slower.

Another thought... I was thinking about if I were in a survival situation in a hostile city. What would I be doing? ... probably scavenging for whatever I could find. I think it would also be really cool and realistic for crafting and customization to play a large role, especially early on in the game when finances may be tight.  For instance, say you find a knife, but it has no sheath... You're then clearing and scavenging your way through a building and you come across a leather or canvas sofa, or even a seatbelt out of a car... You can scavenge it, along with nylon cord from venetian blinds or curtains, and craft it into a basic sheath, thus improving your melee skill and speed.

Here are a few other ideas of scavengable materials and their possible uses:

Seat belt                                  -                                   Rifle sling/sheath

Wire                                         -                                   Lock picks

Radio parts/electronics            -                                   Basic jammers/transmission boosters

Chemicals                                -                                   Explosives/diversions

Pipe/plumbing fittings               -                                   Suppressors/flash hiders/muzzle brakes

Scrap metal/springs/blades      -                                   Traps/snares/alarms

Motors/alternators                    -                                   Generators

As for weapons, I'd love to see suppressed firearms such as the AAC Honeybadger, AS VAL, VSS Vintorez as well as detachables, because... common sense says when you're alone in a hostile city, best try not to be seen (ghillie suits could be cool too) or heard. 

These are just ideas, I may be suggesting what others before me already have.

And I realize that you Devs have more than enough on your plate! But you're legends IMO.

Cheers

You've got some good points here, but I can prove some answers from what I have read from other forum posts, FAQ and blogs. 

The first three paragraphs I will leave for someone else because I am not sure on it, it sounds cool though and I heard somewhere that they may be bringing in mollie rigging (I.E You can change the load outs on your rigs.), so I'd assume it's modify your speeds and reloads! 

The part about sheaths for your knives and crafting sound good and I am not familiar yet of the crafting in the game, but I know for a fact that gillie suits wont be added ( :( ) and that generators wont be used and anything to do with 'houses' wont be added. If I recall correctly a Dev said that "You're trying to escape from Tarkov, not survive", I am not 100% sure how accurate I am on that quote, but I dare say someone will yell at me if it's wrong. 

I am sorry I couldn't give an answer to much and that what I did say might of seemed negative but keep thinking of cool ideas and see if you can't get something added in the future, I do really like the sheath idea though, keep expanding on it! 

Avexum

The devs stated there will be no crafting, so dont expect to make anything out of the materials you find.

Wop-Actual
3 hours ago, Avexum said:

The devs stated there will be no crafting, so dont expect to make anything out of the materials you find.

Bingo.

The only "crafting" that was stated by the devs is weapon crafting, and not the sort you build from scratch. It's basically realistic weapon modifications.

Example: swapping a gun barrel for another model's barrel, and only if it's feasible IRL.

From the FAQ:

The game is going to feature crafting, but not in the classic game meaning of this word. You won’t be able to make a machinegun out of wooden plank, duct tape and screws. The weapons can only be assembled from the real weapon parts, e.g. you can assemble the AK74M only if you find all of its details (mag, receiver, dust cover, bolt, barrel, etc).
Apart from weapons, there will be other items to combine as well.

Edited by Wop-Actual
Added source (FAQ quote)

K1zlyar

Good to know guys, thanks for that. 

It would be great if at least traps and basic explosives like pipe bombs would be possible to craft as they fit into the whole combat and escape tarkov theme of the game. 

vicwiz007
1 hour ago, K1zlyar said:

Good to know guys, thanks for that. 

It would be great if at least traps and basic explosives like pipe bombs would be possible to craft as they fit into the whole combat and escape tarkov theme of the game. 

i enjoy this idea. and corect me if im mistaken, but i believe they never said that you cant craft, just that the crafting would be very realistic. like say finding all the parts to an m4 and then making an m4. So i can see other examples being putting together a rag and some alcohol for a molotov right?

i thikn we may see some of this stuff.

i just read a previous post and realized some of the stuff ive said has been said already xD but this is my way of seeing it at least

Edited by vicwiz007
  • Upvote 1