reputation system

Q: How will the reputation system work? How do you plan to avoid the game turning into yet another “douchebag simulator”?
A: We have prepared an extended separate material on this, please stay tuned for updates.

Do we have any New information on this one?

Scruffy
1 hour ago, TheSnikers said:

Yes. There will be karma system, that depends only on your actions. Sadly, we havent  any video or special article about it

It might be as in CW with players being able to vote for you, while team killing automatically deduct karma points.

Skemba
5 minutes ago, Scruffy said:

It might be as in CW with players being able to vote for you, while team killing automatically deduct karma points.

That is not a good system. Someone who is keen on making your game experience shitty should be severly punished as karma points won't really mean anything to them.

Same as cheaters basically, teamkillers achieve the same effect. Your game experience suffers.

Scruffy
On 3/9/2016 at 4:18 AM, Skemba said:

That is not a good system. Someone who is keen on making your game experience shitty should be severly punished as karma points won't really mean anything to them.

Same as cheaters basically, teamkillers achieve the same effect. Your game experience suffers.

Yeah, I am not sure but but after lowering his karma points he will be marked as a traitor and it will be raised bounty on his head and it will not be taken off until he is dead or some other repercussion. I dont think it will be worth it to play as a poo disturber :)

It would be interesting if it doesn't show his place on map, but every now and then radio contact tells everyone on the map the exact sector where he was seen.

• Upvote 1

I believe something along the lines of, everyone having a base karma (neutral) and if you blatantly TK and are an idiot, then you play with other people that have the same kind of negative karma rating. Let the Tkers play with each other to show them what it's like.   

My opinion BTW, just incase someone sees this and thinks it's legit :/ 

Edited by Jamba
Bottom
  • Upvote 2
African_Plz
18 minutes ago, Jamba said:

I believe something along the lines of, everyone having a base karma (neutral) and if you blatantly TK and are an idiot, then you play with other people that have the same kind of negative karma rating. Let the Tkers play with each other to show them what it's like.   

I was going to say the same thing.

• Upvote 1
TheSnikers

1 час назад, Scruffy сказал:

Other players can't change your karma. This is made for protection from abusement

Wop-Actual

This is definitely one topic I'm interested in. I usually stay away from online play in these sorts of games just because of d-bag players. It will be a tricky job for the devs to keep the game hardcore and realistic while not having the experienced ruined by incessant team-killers.

5 hours ago, Jamba said:

I belive that is the way GTA V Did it. That is a great way i thinks! 

4 hours ago, Wop-Actual said:

This is definitely one topic I'm interested in. I usually stay away from online play in these sorts of games just because of d-bag players. It will be a tricky job for the devs to keep the game hardcore and realistic while not having the experienced ruined by incessant team-killers.

Yeah, this is my #1 concern! This is the think that can make or break the game.

i played contract wars , sad to say i shot my team one too many times and there is an overhead marker , so it will be fun to see how many teamkills i make before establishing friendly contact

Edited by Hedloc
  • Upvote 1
Scruffy
5 minutes ago, SkyNeTz said:

Will try to not kill my team .. but if they enter in my face ( like on many games ) when I'm shooting, then not my fault for killing them xD

Would you say this in court-martial?

Not really but well that's how I kill my teammates.. And I am saying that from cs where they jump in my face to steal the kill and well yup, I get 7 days ban.. So yeah I don't really do that anymore, I just let them do what they want, but sometimes, I can't know he/she will do that and I end up killing him/her..

Scruffy
8 minutes ago, SkyNeTz said:

Not really but well that's how I kill my teammates.. And I am saying that from cs where they jump in my face to steal the kill and well yup, I get 7 days ban.. So yeah I don't really do that anymore, I just let them do what they want, but sometimes, I can't know he/she will do that and I end up killing him/her..

So you play with Silvers???

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Scruffy said:

It is interesting that all people here declare friendly... I wonder if they will be friendly in Tarkov? :)

Hehe my thoughts exactly ;-)

19 hours ago, Scruffy said:

So you play with Silvers???

Well before my rank was deleted ( I got really pissed in MG 1 ) volvo gaved me Silver Elite and well yup.. I got 14 days ban 2 times because of my teammates.. I hope I won't kill any of my team but I'd like to see like something above them or like the clothes being more obvious that they are my teammates and not the enemy. :)

Bismarck_
On 10/03/2016 at 9:23 AM, Jamba said:

Nice idea, but we don't know how the teams will be arranged... If has an random team formation for who doesn't plays whith known friends, then this karma method would be perfect.

• 11 months later...
SmugDoodleBug
On 3/11/2016 at 10:07 AM, SkyNeTz said:

Well before my rank was deleted ( I got really pissed in MG 1 ) volvo gaved me Silver Elite and well yup.. I got 14 days ban 2 times because of my teammates.. I hope I won't kill any of my team but I'd like to see like something above them or like the clothes being more obvious that they are my teammates and not the enemy. :)

They shouldn't implement markers above the head. That works against the immersion-aspect. But it would be cool to see things like colored clothing options, so we can create uniforms with a unique combo. A team could wear all red face masks, and blue arm-bands or something...but then again, it really makes for intense game-play when you have standoffs where you encounter people, especially in close quarters, and you don't know if they are friendly or not. So I kind of have mixed feelings about overly-identifiable marking systems.

IdBuckThat

They said that they will include armbands or something of the sort to help with friendly identification. Anything more than that would honestly kill it for me. The less obvious it is the more resolve you need and the less of a chance you have of just shooting on sight as well. (Assuming the punishment for running around killing everyone on sight is severe enough to get people to stop.)

On 3/10/2016 at 1:14 PM, Beinion said:

Yeah, this is my #1 concern! This is the think that can make or break the game.

I know this post is over a year old but in a livestream with GameSpot earlier this week Kevin, the EFT team head said that Karma would not only affect you in-game, with weapons jamming more often etc, but traders would also start to dislike you. He didn't expand to say whether they would charge you more or just refuse to trade with you at all, but it was momentarily brought up. 

I doubt they're anywhere near the end of that decision-making process because he seemed unsure.