PoeticSinner

Reward survival rate

PoeticSinner

Currently there are a lot of people who do axe runs because of the sheer amount of profit verses risk, which is a valid tactic, but once health becomes persistent(health and food/hydration levels not automatically refreshing between raids) I imagine suicide runs will become even more prevalent in order to avoid the need to get supplies to fix yourself up between raids. In order to encourage people to value their survival my suggestion would be possibly rewarding people based on their survival percent.

Offering shop discounts at higher values for the higher ranges like 20% off for 90-100% survival, 15% off for 75-90%, and 10% for above 50%. It's not a huge reward since most people who have a high survival rate usually get most of their gear from raids but would still help with staying stocked up on higher end gear. I do realize you can farm more profit from ace runs but this is about adding incentive for those who choose to value their survival. 

Another option would be decreasing the amount of time it takes to receive your insured gear after a raid gone bad by a considerable amount or lowering the scav timer for those who extract more then die so they can get more gear from more frequent scav runs as well as giving them more options to be more reckless and just have fun as a scav since they play more careful with their PMC to keep survival rate up.

The point I'm getting at is offering some sort of encouragement that reward's people who play the survival aspect of the game instead of treating their lives as expendable. Nothing game breaking, but rewarding enough to be enticing. 

Thanks for reading! Keep up the great work devs!

• Upvote 1

-Fergus-

I can see the logic in it.

A trader would trust and have a better reputation with a persistent customer who actually stays alive compared to someone who dies quite often, which would be unreliable and untrustworthy.

pimba224

like this idea maybe when they implement discount they look at a system like this to reward the more slow playing player

ShiroTenshi

To the best of my knowledge, Death will not reset your health status to 100%. If you die in raid you will get sent to the hideout/stash and have health issues to deal with too. When persistent health rolls around the only effective way to keep healthy is to survive.

xCookieSlayer
3 hours ago, SheikYerBouti said:

I can see the logic in it.

A trader would trust and have a better reputation with a persistent customer who actually stays alive compared to someone who dies quite often, which would be unreliable and untrustworthy.

That's really stupid a trader only cares about the money not what the person does with the items or if he loses them. In fact if the person dies a lot more this is beneficial to the trader as he can make even more money.

-Fergus-
4 hours ago, xCookieSlayer said:

That's really stupid a trader only cares about the money not what the person does with the items or if he loses them. In fact if the person dies a lot more this is beneficial to the trader as he can make even more money.

Well that logic doesn't really work if this were to be implemented though :P 

'' Oh hey, weren't you that guy who died last night? Welcome back! Here's your poo the guy sold by the way.''

Edited by SheikYerBouti