Is it worth buying EOD?

JacquesDaShark

JacquesDaShark

Escape from Tarkov looks like an amazing game, I am a massive fan of S.T.A.L.K.E.R and Metro 2033 (games and books included). However, would it be really worth buying EOD? Because I would really like to play alpha all the way to release and after release but it just seems like a high price. 

If anyone has valid reasons why this game is worth the price for EOD I'd really appreciate it.

• Replies 152
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Scruffy

• Kwahamot

• Natalino

• FGulli

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This pretty much covers it. I enjoy that they'll be no micro-transactions, and that all future DLC is included  Investment well worth it.

i have no problem with anything you said except calling that legitimate gameplay. I want to see how it will actually play, not just the most intense clips put together. Not sure if you realize, but ev

Well if you like the concept and want to support the devs to make it better, and you have the money, then Id do it, I already did actually.

Posted Images

Well if you like the concept and want to support the devs to make it better, and you have the money, then Id do it, I already did actually.

• Upvote 1

Being guaranteed access to alpha, and the season pass are the things I think are worth the most. 

Beta/Early access are great as well. Money, and a huge bonus to your stash is going to be helpful. 

Not sure about the bonus equipment as no one has any idea what all it will include. 

The price is mostly to show your support, the game has been in development for years, and it's pretty much just showing your gratitude for their hard work. 

• Upvote 1
Just now, Avexum said:

welcome to the forums, i see your new.

Not exactly new, been reading posts here awhile. 

But thank you! I pre-ordered EOD a few days back and I'm excited to play.

Just now, Dye said:

Not exactly new, been reading posts here awhile. 

But thank you! I pre-ordered EOD a few days back and I'm excited to play.

ah, well your 2 posts threw me off, a bit of a lurker eh? haha ;) 

Bismarck_

Since the game won't have microtransactions, it's a one-time investment for something that seems to be an amazing game (yes i'm hyped)
So, to me, yes, it worth.

Edited by Bismarck_
Drakkaar
17 minutes ago, Bismarck_ said:

Since the game won't have microtransactions, it's a one-time investment for something that seems to be an amazing game (yes i'm hyped)
So, to me, yes, it worth.

This pretty much covers it. I enjoy that they'll be no micro-transactions, and that all future DLC is included :)  Investment well worth it.

• Upvote 3
darknight8950

Honestly the only person that can decide if its worth it or not is your self. 

Im Personally going to wait till something is released and reviews come out just,  even though im sure the devs are great at what they do. They don't really have much as a company to back their name up, except contract wars.

Elitepwnsface

The appeal to play the game early would be a big reason. If the game is anything like stalker then having that extra stash space and dlc access would be nice. stalker with dlc makes me hawt!

I'd say buy it, I love the work these devs have done and the community so far on here is one of the nicer ones! 

But I know from reading, that if you die and aren't careful with your pre-order items, they might end up in the hands of some Scav and they don't just magically appear in your inventory the next round. They're gone, so be careful. 

But I'd say the extra stash size and the free DLC should sell itself :)

Like alot of people here, I am a massive fan of S.T.A.L.K.E.R and Metro and generally anything post apocalyptic, especially in a Russian-esque setting like those games have done.

I think for me pesronally, buying the EOD for the Stash size and the DLC was worth it, as well as the early access.

ninobrown

I hate that people who give more money they can have mor stash size and containers! Why?

Its a little bit pay2win i guess!

I like the game so far but i 'm uncertain about the process of the game that one day the game is released and ready! I hope its not a bad process like DayZ or outher never ending storys ;-)

Regards

Don't buy it until the alpha comes out. Then, you can watch some streams and get a better idea of what the "real" game is like instead of watching their hype trailer and then getting scammed.

RudySanErik

The price is not too high if you chose the right payment tcransaction ... i buy EOD for 89e ..... so if its about money then look at what  transaction you can pay and maby you save some money :) (depends on where you from)

PutinIsLove
2 minutes ago, RudySanErik said:

I live in Czech republic ( but was born and live some time in Slovakia) :) .....

Doesnt they take 20% tax from purchase?

This is one of those things where, if you ask if it is worth buying then it likely isn't worth buying for you. 

The reason behind this there is very little of value in the EOD pack that you can't get in game or get later with RL cash.

• The season pass? More than likely you will be able to buy it later. 
  • Expandable storage? I can't see this not being purchasable later with either in game money or through micro transactions. 
  • Tomahawk? I presume this will be dropped from players who die while carrying it. If not then awesome. I know I won't be carrying mine around until I know for sure if I am going to loose it. 
  • In game money? You can farm it in game obviously.
  • Vendor rep? See previous point. 
  • Starter equipment? See two points ago. 

I assume most of the other stuff will be acquirable later. 

On a gaming side of things, I see the EoD pack being nothing more than a "Pay for convenience" thing and if you are on a tight budget all but the base pack give you pretty much everything you need for a head start including a literal head start. 

Now. I am not trying to persuade people not to buy the EoD pack, I am just making sure all the information is there. In fact, if you were going to buy the PfE pack, I would most definitely recommend going for the EoD pack if you can afford it as the added value of the season pass (Typically $25-50 US for other games of this type) and you will get at least 4 xpacs for that I believe I saw some one saying. 

The LB pack as well is worth considering the upgrade to EoD but most of the people going for this pack are likely doing so because they want a little more but don't have a lot of money available. 

As for the Alpha and beta access. It is never worth paying a premium just to get into an Alpha. This is a silly thing to do as in an Alpha you will see the game at it's worst and unless you are a professional play tester and understand how the development process works you are more than likely to fall into the trap of being disheartened by the game and thinking it is rubbish.  This is a trap a LOT of people fall into and the reason "Early access" games are a bad idea. If you look at the comments on early access games on steam you can see this in action. Lot's of people complaining about how terrible, unrefined and down right awful a game is, in public rather than sending in constructive criticism privately. If the entire premise of a game is bad then that is one thing. But complaining because hit boxes are not perfect in an alpha is stupid (I have seen this happen).

My personal opinion though. 

I personally paid for the EoD because I love the look of this game and wan't to support the developers. If the game never releases then oh well. If I loose £100 for betting on something I believe in then that is my fault and no one else's. If like me you want to support the developer and you have the money, go for it. 

If you can afford it and you plan on getting the season pass at launch anyway, go for it. 

But if you are getting it for the in game items and the alpha then leave it alone. I do not believe it is worth it for them. 

• Upvote 1