Jump to content

Death Scream Sound Effects


Dex (Aust)
 Share

Recommended Posts

Just wondering if there might be some death scream sound effects? I like the indoor ones as well in BF4? Not sure if death is a laughing matter. LOL

Just found the indoor screams below.

 

Edited by Dex (Aust)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Dex (Aust) said:

Just wondering if there might be some death scream sound effects? I like the indoor ones as well in BF4? Not sure if death is a laughing matter. LOL

Just found the indoor screams below.

 

This one is far far more realistic...

Edited by Europoor
  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I hope it is really dramatic. I dont want to have the most valuable loot and killed many players and then just die and the screen goes black and takes me to the menu, it needs to be dramatic, to give some sense of hope even if your just lying on the ground while the enemy walks over and executes you.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Scruffy said:

You shouldn't count on me, I screen like a little girl! :D

Your beard says otherwise :)

 

7 minutes ago, Scruffy said:

 

Ok, I stand corrected hahaha :D

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Scruffy said:

You shouldn't count on me, I screen like a little girl! :D

Well it took awhile to find Scruffy without the beard, and yes he does sound like a girl: LOL:DxD

Seriously, I cannot emphasis how important the sound effects will be.

Edited by Dex (Aust)
Link to comment
Share on other sites

29 minutes ago, Dex (Aust) said:

Well it took awhile to find Scruffy without the beard, and yes he does sound like a girl: LOL:DxD

Seriously, I cannot emphasis how important the sound effects will be.

lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...

Actually, it'd be interesting if you had the option to scream/yell/shout as part of the control scheme (it would be way louder than mic volume and travel larger distances, echo, etc.). There's no marker for your friends, or other players so it would be a way of letting others know about your location. I remember that someone was talking about how team killers were going to be punished; well, it would be cool if they had the risk of letting their location be discovered if they didn't kill you efficiently. 

Let's say I'm stalking this group of players and I manage to separate them and pick them off one at a time. The first one i kill, I put a bullet in his head and he can only mutter a grunt/or gurgle a bit as he falls to the floor. However, the second one I miss and hit him in a non vital area, he presses a button and his character starts squealing like a pig. At this point, people are alerted to my general direction as they hear the shouts, and his teammates rush to his defense. 

This encourages players to play intelligently instead of running around and shooting people like it's DayZ, especially because the map isn't too big. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, GabrielLoza said:

Actually, it'd be interesting if you had the option to scream/yell/shout as part of the control scheme (it would be way louder than mic volume and travel larger distances, echo, etc.). There's no marker for your friends, or other players so it would be a way of letting others know about your location. I remember that someone was talking about how team killers were going to be punished; well, it would be cool if they had the risk of letting their location be discovered if they didn't kill you efficiently. 

Let's say I'm stalking this group of players and I manage to separate them and pick them off one at a time. The first one i kill, I put a bullet in his head and he can only mutter a grunt/or gurgle a bit as he falls to the floor. However, the second one I miss and hit him in a non vital area, he presses a button and his character starts squealing like a pig. At this point, people are alerted to my general direction as they hear the shouts, and his teammates rush to his defense. 

This encourages players to play intelligently instead of running around and shooting people like it's DayZ, especially because the map isn't too big. 

Good idea. You already have in game voice chat to shout on, and if you have seen the Alpha RAW footage video, when the scav died he made a grunt voice like uhmmh... 

So I can say we already have the option in a different way.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, Natalino said:

Good idea. You already have in game voice chat to shout on, and if you have seen the Alpha RAW footage video, when the scav died he made a grunt voice like uhmmh... 

So I can say we already have the option in a different way.

You're right. the only difference i could think of is that this shout would be significantly louder than regular mic speak. If mic sound travels realistically, then most people would only hear muffled sounds as people talk via mic through walls. This yell however, would (while still being realistic) travel much farther than a shout through the mic. Plus, it would discourage spamming over the mic (maybe have a delay between shout use?).

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 year later...

Hi

First let me say that I really love this game, its whole concept of realism, intense stress in firefights and its general atmosphere. I haven't bought the game yet but I've been following the game's progress for a while and will purchase the game the moment it arrives on Steam Store.

However I've been watching gameplay videos on Youtube and the moaning and yelling in pain sound that characters make when they die is really disturbing for me. I've had actual combat experience and the moaning sound that characters make in-game is really traumatic for me. But I really want to play the game. Is it possible to mute only the character voices maybe? What do you think?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...