Def not Raiden

EOD for steam

Def not Raiden

Will the Edge of Darkness pre order be available for steam users or is this limited edition only for non steam users.

PutinIsLove

They will move to steam after release, so EOD pack will be removed by this time.

Scruffy
Just now, Krukabanger said:

They will move to steam after release, so EOD pack will be removed by this time.

Yes, EOD is limited edition.

Professional Russian

I just hope for gods sake that i will be aple to transfer my EoD Game to Steam. I can't stand it if i have to play a game without the steam overlay, the workshop integration or the join system. I mean its 109€, it would be something that is a fair deal for the customer.

• Upvote 2

Scruffy
On 3/11/2016 at 3:10 PM, Professional Russian said:

I just hope for gods sake that i will be aple to transfer my EoD Game to Steam. I can't stand it if i have to play a game without the steam overlay, the workshop integration or the join system. I mean its 109€, it would be something that is a fair deal for the customer.

I dont have this information, but i think you should get codes to activate game on steam after release when the game become available on steam.

Maybe someone else can share more info on this.

@TarkovEscaper@Snusmoomrik

• Upvote 1

Claws4life
2 hours ago, Scruffy said:

You will get codes to activate game on steam after release when the game become available on steam.

we can close this thread now...

@TarkovEscaper@Snusmoomrik

they didnt actually confirm that's true or not but they're working on talking with steam to allow EoD buyers to transfer to steam.

The main problem is Steam takes a percentage profit off every copy of the game sold so it will be hard to convince steam without the developers being kind and giving them some money just for the sake of EoD buyers.

Scruffy
On 3/12/2016 at 9:42 PM, Claws4life said:

they didnt actually confirm that's true or not but they're working on talking with steam to allow EoD buyers to transfer to steam.

The main problem is Steam takes a percentage profit off every copy of the game sold so it will be hard to convince steam without the developers being kind and giving them some money just for the sake of EoD buyers.

I really hope that when the game comes to steam, everyone who purchased the game  will be able to activate their game on steam including EOD, At least thats my thinking based on some previous games published on steam after release. I dont think EOD will be purchasable after the game is released and we don't know for sure when will limited edition be removed from sales.

As of this moment we do not have any information when will game be released on steam but it will be sometimes after the game launch.

• Upvote 1

Professional Russian

Many thanks Scruffy! Nice to hear.

trungtoto
On 3/13/2016 at 2:18 PM, Scruffy said:

When the game comes to steam, everyone who purchased the game  will be able to activate their game on steam including EOD. EOD will not be purchasable after the game is released and we don't know for sure when will limited edition be removed from sales.

As of this moment we do not have any information when will game be released on steam but it will be sometimes after the game launch.

Do you have any official article or developer's post about this? 

Cause the last time i checked FAQs, Developers said that they are still in question if the people who brought the game on website will have steam version of the game. 

Scruffy

Q: Will the game be accessible through Steam on Alpha/Beta stage? Or is it first test, then release on Steam? If the latter, will it be possible to link the game account to my Steam account?

A: Yes, there will be testing in Steam. As for the linking of game account to Steam account, the details are still unknown, however, the client version of the game will be played on the same servers as the Steam version.

@trungtoto Unfortunately, this old info is all I can find which does not promise much. As I get more info on this I will post it here. For now we'll have to wait and see.

My hope is that when the game comes out on steam it will be possible to link accounts even though that's not clear from the above but I believe more info will come later.

• Upvote 1

Chris I

Yeah, it would be nice to be able to purchase this game right away from Steam. Instead of messing around with all that stuff like the Squad backers. That was a nightmare and It's the one thing that's stopping myself from buying today.

Scruffy
1 hour ago, Chris I said:

Yeah, it would be nice to be able to purchase this game right away from Steam. Instead of messing around with all that stuff like the Squad backers. That was a nightmare and It's the one thing that's stopping myself from buying today.

You will be able to purchase this game from Steam when it comes out, unfortunately EOD will already be removed from the sales as it last no longer than the game release.

sijiwgq92136