Keza

email update on Developer's diary #2

Keza

Today I got this mail from Battlestate and wanted to share (you probably gor the same, but anyways)

"We'd like to tell you how happy are we to have you with us and express our gratitude for your continued support of our project.

The delay in mailing of the latest developer diary issues was caused by our aspiration to make an English voiceover version of it, thus narrowing the gap in the quality of information delivery between our communities in different languages.

Please accept our apologies for this delay, we shall try to avoid such significant lags from now on."

Plain and  simple, but VERY MUCH appreciated! Thanx guys.

• Upvote 1

cKy

I agree , it might be simple and well lack of info .. but atleast we got something directly from them.

which give you the idea they're still there and they still work on the game and didn't just left a running forum :P

VinceVega

i hope the next developer diary is on the way, maybe after the prealpha gameplay stream

TomatoDK
2 hours ago, cKy said:

I agree , it might be simple and well lack of info .. but atleast we got something directly from them.

which give you the idea they're still there and they still work on the game and didn't just left a running forum :P

"but atleast we got something directly from them" ?
Ehm, we got nothing :D
Nothing new there. "this is how we make trees. Its very important they look real." blablablabla - nothing :D

"feed the customers with a pointless video so they shut up for a while" :D
First videos have been more informative than this "new" one.

Skemba
32 minutes ago, TomatoDK said:

Nothing new there. "this is how we make trees. Its very important they look real." blablablabla - nothing :D

Some people just want to watch the world burn.

Hacka
5 minutes ago, Skemba said:

Some people just want to watch the world burn.

Some people want to watch it burn while playing EFT at the same time. :)

cKy
1 hour ago, TomatoDK said:

the idea of the mail was to show us they are still doing something. yes even if it wasn't informative for you..

but you wont get it probably.. I've seen enough of your kind of diff games :\ sadly

Delin

There will be a stream? Any infos about that already? I didnt see anything about it yet :o

Really excited to play the game! :D

TomatoDK
On 18/3/2016 at 7:47 PM, cKy said:

the idea of the mail was to show us they are still doing something. yes even if it wasn't informative for you..

but you wont get it probably.. I've seen enough of your kind of diff games :\ sadly

"my kind" ? U mean I dont kiss admins asses ? :D
Sad thing is that I got a warning now for giving my opinion on a mail that I recieved.

Scruffy

@TomatoDK and others

Calm down guys,

Nobody expect any kisses here :) lol

You have to understand that Devs are working hard to make sure alpha is out as planned and they do not have enough resources to dedicate to making new informational videos. Furthermore, they did not promise any new videos or information about this game anywhere, yet, you get them every now and then. They are working hard to deliver on promises they did made.

Patience goes the long way ;)

Kind regards,

Scruffy

You can check Claus' official statement about this:

On 3/15/2016 at 7:11 AM, Claus said:

Official part:

The studio lacks qualified internal resources to parallel development and massive asset-rich communication. Outsourcing these tasks or extensive hiring are hindered by commercial security issues. We apologize for any inconvenience the lack of information may have caused you.

The Alpha preparation for deployment is underway, full ahead. Once the project lead comes back from GDC, we will set up a stream of gameplay of the last pre-alpha build. The Alpha launch is expected, but not explicitly guaranteed, last week of the month. Several days prior to that, all tester will be granted access to the restricted forum boards containing testing guidelines and NDA. Please make sure you read them carefully to avoid misundertanding.

Thank you for your patience.

P.S. Please note that estimated development schedule does not equal firmly set playable deliveries.

And now the unofficial part:

As an individual who is personally emotionally invested in the game, but detached from the key development process, I'll voice here my opinion on this topic... again. It should not be considered an official statement.

When I make a pre-order, or buy early access, or make a Kickstarter donation, I do it to support the development of the game I believed in. Of course, it is always nice to know how the development is coming along, but I don't consider myself as someone entitled to a constant stream of updates. I'm a supporter, not a customer. As a customer, I'm entitled only to the game itself. Under the ToS, the developers must deliver it. Buying it early is my own choice and my responsibility, devs don't owe me anything. If I have my doubts, I wait for release. Period.

I'm sure you don't need any advices on how to live your life, but you might want to try this approach. It's hard being a controlling type all the time - you can't possibly control everything. Dixi.

VinceVega
On 3/18/2016 at 0:01 AM, Delin said:

There will be a stream? Any infos about that already? I didnt see anything about it yet :o

Really excited to play the game! :D

at any moment in the next days we expect a prealpha gameplay stream, don't worry if u missed it, they will upload it somewhere