Trader reputation

I bought the EoD Edition and saw that you'll get a good standing with all traders.

Now I'm wondering how the reputation system will work for the traders.

Will the reputation only go down if you give him like a bad deal, or will it go down continuously if you don't trade often enough.

And : Will the reputation only go up if you give him a good deal or just trading with him.

TheSnikers

Not reputation but karma.

If you play as bad person, and have low karma, traders may refuse to have a big deals with you.

If you play nice, but often trade with one trader, other traders may dislike it and refuse to trade with you.

IMO it will be really a challenge to make a perfect standings with all traders.

• Upvote 3
MadStalker
27 minutes ago, TheSnikers said:

Not reputation but karma.

If you play as bad person, and have low karma, traders may refuse to have a big deals with you.

If you play nice, but often trade with one trader, other traders may dislike it and refuse to trade with you.

IMO it will be really a challenge to make a perfect standings with all traders.

Good ! Can we imagine some traders hating another, asking you to destroy their stuff or so ? If you get caught you have immediatly the worse karma and you can't even trade with him ? 

TheSnikers
Только что, MadStalker сказал:

Good ! Can we imagine some traders hating another, asking you to destroy their stuff or so ? If you get caught you have immediatly the worse karma and you can't even trade with him ? 

Probably no, it's too compicated. And please remember that I may be wrong. Better call @Claus @TarkovEscaper or @trainfender

MadStalker

Really complicated yes ... I was thinking about the "sides" (don't remember the true name, didn't play for a while) in Warframe, some groups who like or hate others group, sending you killers sometime while you play. When you help a "side", their allies like you too, neutral does'nt matter and ennemies hate you. 

2 minutes ago, TheSnikers said:

Probably no, it's too compicated. And please remember that I may be wrong. Better call @Claus @TarkovEscaper or @trainfender

There will be a number of factors determining the standing with traders - their affiliation and sympathies, your general reputation in Tarkov, how often you trade with them, services you perform for them, and many more. However, once gained, standing won't deteriorate over time only. I.e. if the course of you actions did not influence your standing, it will stay the same no matter how long you don't visit.

There are yet no plans to add any kind of violent rivalry between NPC traders - player traders, however, are free to start a feud if they want to =).

• Upvote 2
hiniberus
8 hours ago, Bourinos said:

Will the standing with traders only affect ability to make "big deals" or will it affect item sold/bought prices too?

Most likely it will affect prices as well, since you are 'buddy buddy' with them, it makes sense for them to give you at least a kind of discount.

Kwahamot
On 21/03/2016 at 4:21 PM, Claus said:

There are yet no plans to add any kind of violent rivalry between NPC traders - player traders, however, are free to start a feud if they want to =).

Trader vs Trader 1v1 arena. Lol.

Natalino
On Tuesday, March 22, 2016 at 7:21 PM, Claus said:

There will be a number of factors determining the standing with traders - their affiliation and sympathies, your general reputation in Tarkov, how often you trade with them, services you perform for them, and many more. However, once gained, standing won't deteriorate over time only. I.e. if the course of you actions did not influence your standing, it will stay the same no matter how long you don't visit.

EOD, Good standing with all traders will come in handy here. NICE!

• Upvote 2