MickxalYoutube

Offline Mode Looting

MickxalYoutube

I actually don't like the mechanic of looting only on Online mode. I think it would be better to loot in Offline mode too if PvE is enabled of course. It's just too hard in my opinion for closed beta players to play against veterans with shotguns and armor. I also see a lot of new players with hatchets and the only way to farm (grind) is too kill scavs and put their pistols in our Alpha Containers which gets repetitive and boring. Getting armor is so hard that it's only obtainable if you kill a high level player with it and get to the extraction point (if you're lucky enough). It took me 2 hours to make 20K rupples which can only be used to buy certain items. Game has a lot of improvements to do to make the community stay hooked to the game otherwise they'll play for a couple hours and get bored. 

• Cold 1
  • Confused 1
  • Upvote 12

Cravice

I totally dig this. I bought the game in the first place cause it seemed like it would have a coop mode. And i heard this from different ppl too. Now all i know is that the offline mode will totally disappear when the game launches and coop is not even mentioned.

Anyway....

I played for 2 days now and have not made 1 escape with my main char. Of course mainly because the bots are more worse than in ARMA. I cant understand why it got to this stage in the first place. For sure its because of some idiots complaining that the bots are too easy to kill or whatever because they do nothing else than playing and get so good at it that its too easy for them. And thats why there is something called "DIFFICULTY" setting in most games. Also theres no randomisation. Bots are in the same place as far as i can tell and same goes for the loot crates. And getting no loot because im playing offline ("ooohhh baaaad bad boy...plays offline...that has to be punished") is like saying "hey customer, F U"

Its like the devs are standing aside you while playing and saying."no, you cant do this, no you cant loot this....dont do that."

Really i like this game. No question one of the best core mechanics ever in my op but again i get the feeling that no one cares and of beeing punished for supporting this game.

And yes im somewhat frustrated right now. Im no programmer but it cant be that hard to change some values in some files to get those scavs challenging but "fair" if that makes sense. And even if im wrong...then dumb them down totally...better to get bored killing them as to get frustrated as hell.

my 2 cents

have a nice one

Edited by Cravice
  • Cold 1
  • Upvote 8

Cravice

ohh yeah your the man huh...god damn...thast exactly why the game is in this stage.  you dont understand anything of what i mentioned.

Go be the hero...be the man. show all those noobs that your the best...

• Upvote 4

RussianGrizzly
1 hour ago, Cravice said:

ohh yeah your the man huh...god damn...thast exactly why the game is in this stage.  you dont understand anything of what i mentioned.

Go be the hero...be the man. show all those noobs that your the best...

Forget what Ivan said. Hes just baiting you guys for a reaction. Don't listen to him. I like the idea of a PVE and a Coop mode but sadly I do not see this happening in a game like EFT. The thing is they should keep the offline mode for testing purposes. But with the way the game is designed its not going to happen in the long run. Perhaps if there was a character for offline/coop mode and a character for pvp mode then that might work? 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

DeltaTenNZ

Some form of Co-op/Player versus Environment mode in this game would be brilliant, but highly unlikely as I suspect the developers have no interest at all in implementing anything like this.

Perhaps through reasons of stubborness in wanting to stick to their own vision for the game, and/or not wanting to upset the larger playerbase (assumedly) who prefer PvP (and arguably the often toxic community that revolves around it.)

At the end of the day, you'd be better off playing ArmA 3 for Co-op, partically if you pair it up with the Red Hammer Studios Armed Forces of the Russian Federation mod (they have other mods based on other forces/factions too.) As this mod is built to standard that easily matches the standard seen in this game without costing a single penny (apart from the initial cost of ArmA 3.)

At the end of the day, you're better off looking elsewhere, as Escape From Tarkov will NEVER really tailor to those who enjoy the Co-op experience.

• Upvote 1

TheGamerXxX

There will be a "co op" mode from the looks of it (with the hints of VoIP in the options menu)

Having said that, the bots are ridiculous. 1 head-shotting from half way across Factory.

I had 2 bots line up one behind the other. The first just stood there soaking up my ammo, as soon as he went down, the guy behind him shot me 1 time and Headshot. I have yet to see ANY player headshot at close range intentionally. Bots are on a whole new level.

Love the game, the AI leaves a lot to be desired. Especially if you're low rank. You tend to loose most of your gear before you ever make it to the exit zone.

• Upvote 1

DubiousDevil

I think there should be offline looting that you keep as well, it would give players more incentive to use better gear because they know they can grind for it all back in offline. It would make pvp much better.

• Upvote 4

cruncha
vor 2 Minuten schrieb DubiousDevil:

I think there should be offline looting that you keep as wel

It was like that some time ago. It was fun and its gone - and it should be gone forever.

The loot economy was destroyed by all the weapons and loot stuff you could easy farm on offline mode, everyone had everything. There was soon no incentive to do anything because "you could easily farm it offline". It was bullshit and we are all happy that its gone.

There is coop in PVP mode if you build groups. And this game is focussed on PVP - it always will be. At the moment there are no plans to extend offline gameplay or singleplayer / local coop game modes. If it would be developed, it most likely become a DLC after the final release.

Guys I know its very hard for the new ones to fight the god AI as it is now. But believe me, it takes some time then you will adapt to that, you will "git gud" and so on - it comes with time and everyone will reach the point sooner or later where he can win the game and extract his stuff. Don´t stop playing the ball, go on :begood: there is "light at the end of the tunnel"

I recommend all new beta testers to read my guide regarding tipps and tricks

and to buy 10 makarov and mags, do 10 rounds offline and then do 10 rounds online. I think you will notice that you get better :uhappy:

MickxalYoutube

I would love to see 2 characters. A coop character and a pvp character. That is the most brilliant idea ever. It would satisfy both sides of the playerbase. 

• Upvote 2

DeltaTenNZ
54 minutes ago, MickxalYoutube said:

I would love to see 2 characters. A coop character and a pvp character. That is the most brilliant idea ever. It would satisfy both sides of the playerbase. 

Now this I am fully behind, however unlikely it is that this would ever come to be.

Perhaps we will see if the devs change face and become a little more open-minded to those who crave a co-op experience in their gaming.

However having local co-op might be a longshot, I think it would be fairer and perhaps a little more wise if it were "forced online" for the sake of fairness especially if there is anti-cheat features built in (as from a purely personal standpoint, I detest cheaters/hackers even in co-op focused games.)

Strontium1

I think any offline mode looting would just go against the whole idea of this being a hard core game. This style of game is new,fresh and obviously needed when you look at the support and hype its getting.

To me offline looting may as well be a slightly more time consuming Arma 3 virtual ammo box . But that's just my opinion. 

Cravice
9 hours ago, cruncha said:

The loot economy was destroyed by all the weapons and loot stuff you could easy farm on offline mode, everyone had everything. There was soon no incentive to do anything because "you could easily farm it offline". It was bullshit and we are all happy that its gone.

There is coop in PVP mode if you build groups. And this game is focussed on PVP - it always will be. At the moment there are no plans to extend offline gameplay or singleplayer / local coop game modes. If it would be developed, it most likely become a DLC after the final release.

Guys I know its very hard for the new ones to fight the god AI as it is now. But believe me, it takes some time then you will adapt to that, you will "git gud" and so on - it comes with time and everyone will reach the point sooner or later where he can win the game and extract his stuff. Don´t stop playing the ball, go on :begood: there is "light at the end of the tunnel"

Its just a balancing question, and like one said, it would encourage players to actually bring some equipment into a raid and not going naked because the odds are that bad.

With Coop i mean classic Coop against AI, believe it or not there are ppl that enjoy this more than PVP.

Then just seperate it like online and offline chars and stash. Since the game has already the base for coop because there are bots...so why cut that from the game?

I believe you that i will adapt to the AI over time...but thats not the point. Everyone can learn a level over time and then do it half sleeping. Those bots have to spawn in different locations then the whole thing looks very different. Even for you who has already "adapted" to them.

I mean think about it. Your confidence regarding the bots now is mostly because you know in wich area they are.... if they would strafe around the map and into the last corners of every map....i dont think anyone would stand a chance against the current rambo on xtc bots.

Anyway i really hope that something will happen in this regard.

o/

Edited by Cravice
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Shughart

The bots act like players. Sometimes they shoot very well, sometimes they shoot like shaite, sometimes they charge, sometimes they retreat, they are not perfect, but better than any game i ever played. You are scared of them and that's the point of the game. 
Regarding loot offline, don't worry about offline, it will be desactivated soon. So the question will not be relevant anymore. It is just there for testing purpose. So no advantage from it other than testing. 
Makes perfect sense no?

Cravice
1 minute ago, Shughart said:

The bots act like players. Sometimes they shoot very well, sometimes they shoot like shaite, sometimes they charge, sometimes they retreat, they are not perfect, but better than any game i ever played. You are scared of them and that's the point of the game. 
Regarding loot offline, don't worry about offline, it will be desactivated soon. So the question will not be relevant anymore. It is just there for testing purpose. So no advantage from it other than testing. 
Makes perfect sense no?

Pls play Stalker or Metro......

Shughart
Just now, Cravice said:

Pls play Stalker or Metro......

I did. All of them. None put that much challenge. 

Cravice
Just now, Shughart said:

I did. All of them. None put that much challenge. 

I dont know what to say to this...

only that its not ONLY about a challenge...

hudgins112
20 hours ago, Cravice said:

.god damn...thast exactly why the game is in this stage. 

The game is at this stage because BSG wanted to make the game this way. They have made it clear that this game is not  fair and is extremely hardcore. You guys bought the wrong game if you think you should be able to offline farm and use online.

Cravice
Just now, hudgins112 said:

The game is at this stage because BSG wanted to make the game this way. They have made it clear that this game is not  fair and is extremely hardcore. You guys bought the wrong game if you think you should be able to offline farm and use online.

Its not about farming...i hate farmin...i want to have fun playing the game and not beeing frustrated because i get restricted i what i can do with the game i payed for...wtf

Is this that hard to understand. just seperate it and all will be fine.

Shughart
2 minutes ago, Cravice said:

Its not about farming...i hate farmin...i want to have fun playing the game and not beeing frustrated because i get restricted i what i can do with the game i payed for...wtf

Is this that hard to understand. just seperate it and all will be fine.

What restrictions do you actually feel like you have? Not beeing able to play coop against bots? 
No one ever said that would ever be possible. 

Cravice
Just now, Shughart said:

What restrictions do you actually feel like you have? Not beeing able to play coop against bots? 
No one ever said that would ever be possible. 

Yes...and not being able to loot offline.

No one ever said...ok...but cant we change course? There is already the content.

This stubbornes makes me sick. Its the problem with most humans...

Shughart
1 minute ago, Cravice said:

No one ever said...ok...but cant we change course? There is already the content.

Nope. Offline mode will dissapear soon anyway. What would be the point?

Cravice
Just now, Shughart said:

What would be the point?

OMG.....heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp PLS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shughart
Just now, Cravice said:

OMG.....heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp PLS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh and by the way, we once were able in alpha to loot offline. Making money was waaaay to easy. 

Cravice
2 minutes ago, Shughart said:

Oh and by the way, we once were able in alpha to loot offline. Making money was waaaay to easy. 

we had this already. do you even read the thread man???

this is ridiculous...alll this pointless comments. open up you minds ppl

Edited by Cravice

Wildfire
9 hours ago, DubiousDevil said:

I think there should be offline looting that you keep as well, it would give players more incentive to use better gear because they know they can grind for it all back in offline. It would make pvp much better.

Nope, 100% pure no. The game is meant to be hard and make it possible for you to lose gear, adding the ability to get amazing weapons without any resistance is retarded.

8 minutes ago, Cravice said:

This is an online game, you may not like it but all of the others who like that its online do. 1 persons opinion wont change the game, and offline looting is stupid to suggest in my opinion. Its a PVP game, and it will never be PVE. You dont like it, get a refund.