Uneatentaco

Kill count method or tick marks

Uneatentaco

I think a interesting way to visually show the kills one has received with their weapon of choice would be cool. the first thing that comes to mind is the Tick Mark method that snipers have popularized, Putting a slash for every kill or every 5 kills. the only problem i foresee is running out of space which could be circumnavigated by going over the same tick mark in a different color (I.E. Scratched tick marks all the way to 25 or some manageable number on the weapon, then on the 26 going back to the first tick mark and marking it over with a black sharpie in a sense). it seems like a semi efficient method and practical method of "show-boating" your ability to survive. I also wholly back any other methods of marking kills.

tick marks.jpg

Kwahamot

Mhm,

I some what like the idea, but then again it will tell you if you have actually got a kill - let me explain.

Say you shoot through a bush randomly because you suspect someone is around that area and you DO kill him, this feature will show that you have killed him however, you can't visually confirm that therefore, it's not a confirmed kill. It can easily be abused. I am sure they will have a statistics panel that will show how many kills you have overall but I am not sure.

Uneatentaco
2 hours ago, Kwahamot said:

Mhm,

I some what like the idea, but then again it will tell you if you have actually got a kill - let me explain.

Say you shoot through a bush randomly because you suspect someone is around that area and you DO kill him, this feature will show that you have killed him however, you can't visually confirm that therefore, it's not a confirmed kill. It can easily be abused. I am sure they will have a statistics panel that will show how many kills you have overall but I am not sure.

i agree with that luck kill concept and i think you also created the solution at the same time with "confirming the kill", so if you kill a person you just have to walk up to the body and you should get the option to confirm the kill and earn that notch

• Upvote 1

Kwahamot
8 minutes ago, Uneatentaco said:

i agree with that luck kill concept and i think you also created the solution at the same time with "confirming the kill", so if you kill a person you just have to walk up to the body and you should get the option to confirm the kill and earn that notch

Sounds like a good solution! 

tanquist47

How about the notches showing the average ammount of kills (per life, or session maybe)? Won't run out of space even over time and will be very prestigious.

Avexum

dont turn this into a COD-esque feature. Id rather have no kill counter than one that makes people want to kill more for no reason other than to keep their score or kill notches up.

• Upvote 2

Natalino

will make the game a bit more solo objective to gain kills, rather than team work. So i don't see anything good out of it except just an additional content.

vicwiz007

i would enjoy simple stats like how many kills you have on a weapon, or what youre favorite weapon is like in Insurgency.

I will cry, however, if anything such as a K:D is implemented. Im fine with no stats at all honestly.

hiniberus

I mean, you could also confirm your own kill via a scope. Though this hardly makes sense because in a life/death situation I don't think people would actually mark it on their guns anywhere. You can always just buy your own plaque and hang it on your wall though :D Now that's even cooler when I think about it!

suicidal__heart

In my opinion if you can't keep a ruff estimate of how many "players" you have killed then you probably are a crazy son of a b :D  

All jokes aside i hope they don't add in any type of stats into the game cause that reminds me to much of an arcade type game.

Edited by halliday
  • Upvote 1

uspenguin

They CANNOT make a k/d ratio.. That will ruin a lot. people will be more worried about a k/d than going for an objective or something... Tracking kills is cool, yes, but showing "stats" might not be a good idea.

Bismarck_

You can count kills in a notepad. Or in your mind.

Edited by Bismarck_
  • Upvote 2

Uneatentaco

The kill tracking could be two ways, first in the life of the character, so if you die the tracking for that life is lost. Two an overall total kept in some stat screen.

I feel like players are going to come in EFT with the mindset they have for most games. while some players do come in for the kills and to be KOS (kill on sight), there is going to be a larger margin for the role-playing players. its going to be difficult for some play styles to role play and not KOS. Take sniping as an example, its very, very hard to role play as a sniper due to a snipers nature (stay hidden and take kills), but they can still play the game as if it was real (per-say). I tend to play sniper and when i see someone surrender in Dayz (rare but it happens), i dont shoot, i initiate a hostage conversation over text and we work through it.

I want to add the kill tracking feature because it can help when playing as a mercenary, as we all know people lie in games about their abilities, but if there was a feature in game to show, "hey you need a sniper? well look at my Mosin, over 20 kills in this life." well then you know its not completely a lie and you are more inclined to enlist their services. 

In short, players are going to keep playing like they do, but its nice if a feature like this is apparent because it allows for self-satisfaction as well as a boost to reputation.

• Upvote 1

obsidione
18 hours ago, uspenguin said:

They CANNOT make a k/d ratio.. That will ruin a lot. people will be more worried about a k/d than going for an objective or something... Tracking kills is cool, yes, but showing "stats" might not be a good idea.

Amen brother! 100% agree with that!