Frequently asked questions about Alpha

Scruffy

UPDATED 5/17/2016, 12:30am PST - ALPHA IS NOT RELEASED YET!

Alpha stream announced: Wednesday, May 18 - 21:00 Moscow time!

More Video of internal alpha:

OK, I see a lot of people worried about when will alpha be released.

I will keep this post sticky with constant updates about what I know about alpha and important answers.

I want to make sure you understand this is not official statement from battle-state games but my own knowledge collected from information that is available to everyone in this forum and EFT website. I will invite rest of mods and developers on this forum to share their opinion in this thread if they chose to. ;)

(@TarkovEscaper@Snusmoomrik@Claus@Kiba_Stream )

Ask any and all questions about alpha in this thread and I will try to provide answers and links to them from this forum or in other media, if any available.

I will try to keep this thread clean and Alpha oriented, so any of-topic posts will be sanctioned!

In order for this thread not to become cancerous and trolling, I will be deleting all comments older than 24h except the ones linked to answers in this thread.

Kind regards,

Scruffy

Near game questions [FAQ]:

Q: When will Alpha test start?
A: TBA (hopefully during the stream on May 18 2016)

Based on information find in prerecord packages:

"Edge of Darkness" owners will have secured participation in alpha, while owners of "Left Behind" and "Prepare To Escape" will have a chance to be selected for alpha testing, depending on number of factors such as capacity of alpha servers and amount of people with EOD packages with secured access.

On 2/22/2016 at 9:30 AM, TarkovEscaper said:

Dear users, please, be patient, we are working hard on the game.
Developer diaries are now being edited - we have tons of materials to process. The internal Alpha test has already started and we'd like to inform you that closed Alpha test will go public in March.
We will make a stream of the game right before it. We can't say specific dates, though, as work is still in progress. Alpha testing will be conducted in several waves-groups.
Alpha-testers will be mailed the Testing regulations and NDA later on for their information.

About NDA - Sharing information about alpha

Q: I know I'm not allowed to stream the alpha, but can I post short videos on youtube, or just talk about what I experienced?

A: No. Not even sharing your experience in the public part of the forum. There will be a closed tester-only section for that.

Alpha Teaser

Gear and stat resets

Q: Is there going to be a planned progress wipe, and, if yes, on what testing stage?

A: There will be progress wipes on both alpha and beta stage but, of course, players who pre-ordered the game, will come to release with their respective equipment sets.

Server Location

Q: Where will the Alpha servers be hosted?

A:

Q: Will there be preload of alpha?

Q: when is Beta coming?

A: Soon after Alpha stage.

• Upvote 13

29 minutes ago, hiniberus said:
Spoiler

Awesome! Great to see this post up here Scruffy.

Some other FAQ's I see about the game:

Q: Why should I get EoD over the other packs?
A: For a number of reasons however you can see all of those on the pre-order page.

Q: Why don't the devs keep us more updated about why it isn't out yet?

A: They are a small team and Russian speaking. Since they do not have an actual English PR team, one of the devs must take out time from developing to do these videos/edit them etc.

Q: Will there be more dev diaries?

A: Most likely they say they have a lot more footage to go through after the 2.5 at Loberov Arms.

Q: What guns will there be?

A: All those listed here.

From what I've seen, those are some pretty common ones. Oh yeah, no Coriolis force either :L even they said it'd be too hard and silly to implement.

I appreciate the effort! However, if you want to contribute to this post I highly recommend providing links to info you provide. Further more, this is ALPHA ONLY thread - info such: "What guns will there be?" should be posted in different threads as it is irrelevant for this one.

Thank you for understanding.

18 minutes ago, iВолк said:

Nice ! Will same topic be on russian forum ?

Maybe, If other admins who oversee both sides decide to post and maintain such thread. My Russian language proficiency doesn't allow me to effectively moderate Russian speaking side so I will only focus on this side of the forum.

I hope this helps.

Cheers

• Upvote 1

12 минуты назад, neilfallon сказал:

I know I'm not allowed to stream the alpha, but can I post short videos on youtube, or just talk about what I experienced?

No. Not even sharing your experience in the public part of the forum. There will be a closed tester-only section for that.

• Upvote 1

In order for this thread not to become cancerous and trolling, I will be deleting all comments older than 24h except the ones linked to answers in this thread. This thread is for support Q&A and not for public debate and hate. After all, we are all here because we like this game? ;)

• Upvote 6

Hi, 

well,

1) NDA directly prohibits sharing of any kind with persons not bound by it

2) making videos for the sake of bug reports is welcome

3) storing them after the report, however, while not explicitly prohibited (we have no way of knowing anyway), is disapproved - risk of a leak, however minuscule, increases due to possible exposure of your hardware to access of 3rd persons who have not signed the NDA. Moreover, under NDA conditions, it serves no purpose except bug reporting - you won't be able to share it.

So it goes. 

49 minutes ago, Claus said:

Hi, 

well,

1) NDA directly prohibits sharing of any kind with persons not bound by it

2) making videos for the sake of bug reports is welcome

3) storing them after the report, however, while not explicitly prohibited (we have no way of knowing anyway), is disapproved - risk of a leak, however minuscule, increases due to possible exposure of your hardware to access of 3rd persons who have not signed the NDA. Moreover, under NDA conditions, it serves no purpose except bug reporting - you won't be able to share it.

So it goes. 

I use ShadowPlay to record which has a feature that, when I press a button, will save the past (x) minutes of play, which is what I was planning on doing if I encountered a problem. I'll get rid of any video footage after it's been seen by a dev.

@Claus What is your preferred way to receive or view video footage?

3 часа назад, Azpen сказал:

@Claus

I've asked this before, but with no answer, Is my roommate allowed to watch me play the Alpha?

Formally, no, he's not, but we understand the circumstances. Moreover, technically we have no way of knowing, so act at your own discretion.

However, per NDA, if there is leak through your account, you'll have to face the consequences up to blocking.

• Upvote 1

Question regarding the alpha:

Will the Stream be done via Twitch? If so, what is the official Twitch account for BSG? I need to follow and turn on notifications so i get a heads up when the stream starts!

31 minutes ago, Dreggiestyle said:

Will we be able to play as a scav in the alpha?

I really want to see how bad a scav player can mess people up in a raid.

This is something I'd like to know as well, we'll probably know for sure by April 2nd.

• Upvote 1