ObiWanJacobey

Friends in different regions?

ObiWanJacobey

Hello my fellow Tarkov'rs. I have a question, I'm trying to play with a buddy, I'm in the USA/NA region, and he's in the EU region. Is it possible to play with friends in other regions? Or can you change your region to play with someone else in a different region? We tried to que up but couldn't figure out how, so I'm asking just to see if I'm missing something..or to see if it's even possible. Thanks.

LOSTRANGER

Im having the same issue buddy

lebreacy

Same here . I just upgraded to eu but still cant choose eu servers. It costs 10 cad$ just to upgrade to eu wtff...

Agnisekhar

You can play with everybody

• Like 1

Stige
On 8/6/2017 at 3:17 AM, Agnisekhar said:

You can play with everybody

How?

MimS
2 minutes ago, Stige said:

How?

Join the same time on your picked map... e.g woods at 11.00am. Your friend should be in the lobby with you :)

TarkovCitizen10318

I have had zero issues playing with American friends. I'm from UK. I just found them in the lobby and made a party as I would anyone else. 

• Like 1

LethalsLoaded

I've played with friends all over the world and haven't noticed any major difference.

Obviously as predicted my latency would be higher playing US server rather than UK but it's not that noticeable.

flekz127

u just go into the Lobby and start teh game nad the one who invite u will choice waht server u will go in

USA or EU in works fine i did it aswell in alpha already

Drudchenko782

Wait, so if anyone could play with anyone from any region, how is the server determined? Is this why sometimes i get crazy lag because i'm connected to an EU server from US?

LethalsLoaded
2 minutes ago, Drudchenko782 said:

Wait, so if anyone could play with anyone from any region, how is the server determined? Is this why sometimes i get crazy lag because i'm connected to an EU server from US?

If I recall, it will connect to the group leaders region.

NoDG
3 hours ago, LethalsLoaded said:

I've played with friends all over the world and haven't noticed any major difference.

Obviously as predicted my latency would be higher playing US server rather than UK but it's not that noticeable.

as someone moving from Canada to England that is comforting news! my friend in NA will be happy to have this bodyguard too. 

LethalsLoaded
Just now, NoDG said:

as someone moving from Canada to England that is comforting news! my friend in NA will be happy to have this bodyguard too. 

Stay in Canada, UK isn't as advertised ;)

On serious note, I'm not 100% sure that is the case. I'm sure I saw it rebounded on a post somewhere but until a Dev confirms it don't take it to heart :P

Drudchenko782
6 minutes ago, LethalsLoaded said:

If I recall, it will connect to the group leaders region.

Oh okay, that makes more sense then. It's good to know that i might have killed someone other than in US region =)

NoDG
Just now, LethalsLoaded said:

Stay in Canada, UK isn't as advertised ;)

On serious note, I'm not 100% sure that is the case. I'm sure I saw it rebounded on a post somewhere but until a Dev confirms it don't take it to heart :P

Been to England many times. My wife is from there and we have plans to move back for work and family reasons. Also the Montreal winter is so much worse than your weather and i cant stand it anymore. i hope i can play with my NA friend,  he got the game because i convinced him we'd play a lot together. 

Vin_

you can join to all regions i think. but you will get excessive pings.

like EU - AUs 300+ ms ping....

necuja

Question has been answered, but here is a recap.

The server you connect to depends on your IP, if your IP address is in the US you will connect to us server.

If you are in a group, the server will be determined on the group leaders IP address location.

To play with friends just make sure to join the same lobby at the same time, find air name and add to group by right-clicking