Ewendel88

Magazine Filling in the Field

Ewendel88

Loading rounds into a mag in the field is really unrealistic. Especially if you are anywhere near the enemy. You need two hands, so you have to put away your weapon, and you are fiddling around with loose rounds and empty mags. It leaves you vulnerable and distracted. the best way to handle the loading of mags in the field is to simulate the general concept.

My suggestion would be to drag and drop a stack of rounds onto a magazine. An animation would be nice but just a timer that varies based on the type of ammo and size of magazine. I would also make the location (bag, pocket, vest) of the mag and ammo a factor in determining the time (I will be posting about item location). Other effects like putting away weapons and moving slower would be nice too.

In conclusion, magazine filling in the field should have a timer.

• Upvote 3

pimba224

an animation would take a lot of time to make , but just put a limit in how much bullets you put in the mag per second, for example: instead of loading the mag instantaneously you need 15 seconds  to load a 30 rounds mag leaving you vulnerable

Edited by pimba224

Sloth42

A timer is good counter to the drag and drop. Honestly, I wouldn't mind if they took it off. It'll give players more incentive to carry what they really need rather than two mags and lots of loose ammo.

dayzru

Can't wait to see this in Tarkov!

That's exactly what we need to start using the vests properly - for carrying plenty of pre-loaded magazines.

This way (plus the new medicine system) the gunfights will become more realistic. Less [ONE MAN HERO MODE ON] rushing, more tactical play. Your position in the field will become much more important in the fight.

I really need this in Tarkov.

• Upvote 1

Sunman777

Like the idea but an animation would be a waste much better to use that time on gun animations.