FPS issues with my PC

I was wanting some clarification or explanation or just general help knowledge on why my PC runs this game so poorly.  I know its not the game itself but I just don't know why I have such problems with my frame rate.  I have a I5-4670k 3.4GHZ CPU and my GPU is GTX970-4GB.  Any help would be much appreciated.  Thanks!

Keviin074

First of all, check your drivers for your GPU. You can find it on the site of NVIDIA. 

Then, are you using any other tweaking programs like 'MSI-Afterburner'?

necuja
5 hours ago, ptlynch said:

I was wanting some clarification or explanation or just general help knowledge on why my PC runs this game so poorly.  I know its not the game itself but I just don't know why I have such problems with my frame rate.  I have a I5-4670k 3.4GHZ CPU and my GPU is GTX970-4GB.  Any help would be much appreciated.  Thanks!

update all drivers, do a fresh install of gpu drivers. what is your ram? and what settings are you playing on

For my RAM i have an ADATA XPG V2 4GB DDR3 1866MHZ.  I did update my nvida driver and that seems to help smooth a few of the problems out but still overall to have any type of fighting chance Ive been running it on low setting.  On high I can do it but once I'm loaded into a game I have to just sit and wait for everything to catch up before I can even attempt to move. @necuja

Gawdamit

OC your CPU, if you can. 
I was running stock settings without knowing it. That was allot slower. 

Loaded the settings from the CMOS, and back to 80fps+ with dips. 
The CPU was at 3.5ghz (stock boost), Reset the OC to 4.6ghz (boost)  
CPU: x5675
12gb ram
SSD

Edited by Gawdamit