echomrg

First impressions

echomrg

I've been playing (or trying to play) the game for the last couple of days and up until now it's basically been an exercise in frustration.

My average raid duration is between 15 and 30 seconds (on factory since is the only map you can hope to play without guns) with 3/4 minutes waiting between raids.
That's IF you can actually connect and the game doesn't 605 you (and, btw, it looks like the servers aren't really full, since you can join simply by initiating a group invitation).

You finally manage to join a Scav game so you can use something different from an hatchet, you get killed again within 30 seconds and you have to wait another 60 minutes.

The AI is either super-human-aimbot-cheating level (sneak up on someone, shoot him in the head, he survives, 180° and instantly headshot you) or completely retarded (just stands there staring at you doing nothing until you hatchet him in the head). They even camp the damn exits!

The netcode is awful, shoot at someone from point blank and it doesn't register, people sometime teleport 3/4 meters ahead, hit someone with an hatchet twice and nothing happens.

This is all frustrating as hell but it would be beareble if only most of the other players weren't complete douches, ignoring factions and killing everything on sight, ofter spawn camping or camping the exits. The main issue right now is that there's no incentive for team-play. Doing a whole map alone is basically impossible (and that's great) but when everyone stabs you in the back it's really difficult to enjoy playing. I've read that a Karma system is coming: that can't come soon enough and i really hope the penalties are draconian. 

The game itself is gorgeous and has a lot of potential. The real problem, as of now, are its players (be they human or bots).

JohnnyApples023

I definitely understand the frustration. I did hatchet runs when I first got into alpha and it was a pretty fun time. I carried out so much gear each run but there were some runs where I didn't come out with anything. Sometimes multiple raids in a row I would get shot right outside of spawn. The AI are crazy right now and the devs say they are working on them. Right now it's just a waiting game for the AI to be fixed.

When it comes to hatchet runs always remember the wiggle. If they have a hatchet and you do the wiggle and they respond with the wiggle, trust them but never turn your back to them. If a person has a gun don't try to do the wiggle. 9/10 you will get shot. If you give me the wiggle I will 100% wiggle back and hell ill roll with you and help you get loot. Its this trust system I hope never fades out or ever gets heavily exploited.

• Upvote 1

Blackmist220

Ive been playing for months now and it has been fun but like others have said it has been difficult to play because of either AI aim bot cheating stuff or players camping choke points in the maps to kill any and all spawns. i've yet to go more than 5 mins in a raid due to players camping spawns or even tot eh point of the exits.

Over all this game is amazing but for someone who want to have fun and no worry about losing everything because they cant afford gear that can keep themselves alive long enough to actually complete the raid.

Killeon
34 minutes ago, JohnnyApples023 said:

When it comes to hatchet runs always remember the wiggle. If they have a hatchet and you do the wiggle and they respond with the wiggle, trust them but never turn your back to them. If a person has a gun don't try to do the wiggle. 9/10 you will get shot. If you give me the wiggle I will 100% wiggle back and hell ill roll with you and help you get loot. Its this trust system I hope never fades out or ever gets heavily exploited.

This, I seriously despise ***kers who do the wiggle and backstab/shoot you. I have had people help me and I have helped people through the friendly wiggle, it's such an amazing way to communicate and to avoid making this game the KoS mess crappy survival games like DayZ are.

JohnnyApples023
2 hours ago, Blackmist220 said:

Ive been playing for months now and it has been fun but like others have said it has been difficult to play because of either AI aim bot cheating stuff or players camping choke points in the maps to kill any and all spawns. i've yet to go more than 5 mins in a raid due to players camping spawns or even tot eh point of the exits.

Over all this game is amazing but for someone who want to have fun and no worry about losing everything because they cant afford gear that can keep themselves alive long enough to actually complete the raid.

For sure. The camping choke point thing is stupid but I tend to play more carefully in areas I know people are going to try and ambush me. I have to say one of the best things ever added to any type of shooting game is the ability to lean though.

2 hours ago, Killeon said:

This, I seriously despise ***kers who do the wiggle and backstab/shoot you. I have had people help me and I have helped people through the friendly wiggle, it's such an amazing way to communicate and to avoid making this game the KoS mess crappy survival games like DayZ are.

I understand that. It gives me such an amazing feeling when someone wiggles back and they actually are friendly but like I said earlier "trust them but never turn your back to them." I never try to wiggle when someone has a gun though. I wait for them to do it. The other day I spawned in and went through the tunnels and saw this guy who just killed a scav chilling at the base of some stairs. I came sneaking up and literally hit the wall with my hatchet and ran in circles and the guy didn't care. The second he looks up and sees me wiggling, he guns me down. Like at any point during that situation I could've killed him but I didn't and I ended up getting shot.

• Upvote 1

USN_Chance

So... Do players not even remember what faction they joined? Or are they all just stupid/assholes who kill you just to do it? I mean, at this point, why even bother with factions/teams? There is no penalty or punishment for team-killing, you don't spawn close or with your team... I ran into two friendly guys (1 Bear and 1 USEC) and did the whole T-Bag wiggle wiggle notion and we were buds. Helped them out with meds, they covered my ass when I was doing runs. With the exception of that, poo experience with factions/team play over here. Maybe others have had better times and experiences, but do we need to start screening people before letting them play this game? I mean, you literally are wearing the same outfit as I... Why in the world would I shoot you if you are on my team? Maybe make an audible statement like "Oh, he is a friendly.. Better not SHOOT him." when you look/point towards an ally?

LordGrumpyPants

wow i dont understand why people are complaining about ai they already adjusted them once sence cbt release and i run factory and all the toher maps with guns and hatchet and dont have any issues. maybe the issue is with you guys needing to get better or join a clan for help.

COLanski

vor 8 Stunden schrieb JohnnyApples023:

I definitely understand the frustration. I did hatchet runs when I first got into alpha and it was a pretty fun time. I carried out so much gear each run but there were some runs where I didn't come out with anything. Sometimes multiple raids in a row I would get shot right outside of spawn. The AI are crazy right now and the devs say they are working on them. Right now it's just a waiting game for the AI to be fixed.

I understand it too. The Bots are actually managable, they are hard, and they still have impossible aim, but remember, that you need to be in full sight for them to shoot at you and in their guns range ... that may helps you.

And if you play with friends - its possible to distract them with one guy so the others can shoot them.

But we also experienced the terminator himself with a makarov ... 4 man team in the factory and one bot shot 2 of us in the head, 90 degree angle in less than a second while he was moving. This is nearly impossible for players and bots should not be able to do this.

I refuse to bring out any reasonable gear at the moment since i will only lose it to them, and since the AI has almost only shotguns and makarovs right now. an AK is already a rare find if you don't shoot and loot a sniper scav.

Last time i did wear a helmet i got 2 tapped by an AK scav from like 100m away in the head while i was running sideways to him ... thats no fun.

The killer AI and the Kill on Sight + the 605 errors are really hitting the game at the moment, and is doing bad press for EFT.
And then - there are the weapon glitchers. Yesterday we had a lot ot matches where we shot multiple of those guys.

I did a hatchet run for the factory key on customs (whitch could spawn a bit more too) and found a massacre in the dorms.
a shotgun and a makarov bot did held the reception there for 10 minutes against at least 4 weapon glitchers.

If players would have a chance to survive like before - they propably would not use this glitch that much. It would be pretty sure not spread that far.

Same goes for scav gameplay. Since scav players shoot each other a bit to much. You even spawn most of the time without a bag ... so if you want loot you literally have to scavenge from corpses or shoot someone yourself.
One customs round i found 4 dead players in the dorms and shot 3 more as scav ... but no bag. all hatcheteers and glitchers. This is ridiculous. Especially the number of pistol glitchers with PB+drum mag is rising.

If someone shoots with a silenced pistol - he has it glitched in 9 of 10 times right now.

All of this is almost game-breaking in my opinion and this of my mates. Some even stopped playing "till they fix this".

vor 11 Minuten schrieb USN_Chance:

So... Do players not even remember what faction they joined? Or are they all just stupid/assholes who kill you just to do it? I mean, at this point, why even bother with factions/teams? There is no penalty or punishment for team-killing, you don't spawn close or with your team... I ran into two friendly guys (1 Bear and 1 USEC) and did the whole T-Bag wiggle wiggle notion and we were buds. Helped them out with meds, they covered my ass when I was doing runs. With the exception of that, poo experience with factions/team play over here. Maybe others have had better times and experiences, but do we need to start screening people before letting them play this game? I mean, you literally are wearing the same outfit as I... Why in the world would I shoot you if you are on my team? Maybe make an audible statement like "Oh, he is a friendly.. Better not SHOOT him." when you look/point towards an ally?

There is always greed! Shooting players gives more XP than shooting scavs, even if they are from the same faction.
Headshots give additional double XP. So you can basically score a 1000 xp with a kill. If you shoot him in the head - thats additional 2000 for the headshot and makes 3000 for the complete kill and this number is even higher - the higher the player is you shot. scavs only give 100 - so 300 for a headshot in total.

Shoot a geared guy and take his gear and you get sometimes looting XP compareable to 3-4 scavs only by taking his stuff.

With this AI terminators i thought the guys would be more friendly to survive and loot some. But no ... they are even more greedy and less trustworthy and literally Incomprehensibly incompetent of playing survival with them. Either that - or the beta wave had a lot of guys in it that are looking the wrong streams and videos.

Karma and persistent wounds hopefully will get rid of this mostly.

It is not the game itself ... the biggest issue is the playerbase.
Actual people - not AI.

• Upvote 1

JohnnyApples023

I agree with you. The AI is hard and manageable in some cases but then you have to deal with the AI that 360 no scope you no matter where you are or how far away you are. I have to say I find the game quite unenjoyable because of the AI spin botting but I try to play through it.

I also like the thing you said about the player base. I don't know what happened when the beta players got in but the wiggle is slowly dying off. I have started tallying the times I spawn in, do the wiggle, and get killed. It doesn't matter what faction. Doesn't matter if you have any gear or not. These people just run around and kill everything in sight. I hope this karma system fixes this problem.

@COLanski

echomrg
On 8/6/2017 at 11:59 AM, LordGrumpyPants said:

wow i dont understand why people are complaining about ai they already adjusted them once sence cbt release and i run factory and all the toher maps with guns and hatchet and dont have any issues. maybe the issue is with you guys needing to get better or join a clan for help.

a clan for help would be nice, i would still need to understand how to join a game with fellow clanners, but that's another story.

they might have done something for the AI but i still get one-shot killed by bots that shoot at me from the other side of the map, through a window, while i'm running down a corridor. while, on the other hand, i need 5/6 AK47 hits to kill one bot.

i might not be an esport professional but i have plenty of experience with FPS (battlefield, insurgency, squad) and i think i can honestly tell when my shots should be hitting a still target a few meters in front of me.

echomrg
On 8/6/2017 at 2:50 AM, JohnnyApples023 said:

the wiggle gesture and how people respond to it is what is giving me a little hope that once a communication system is in place teamplaying would actually be possible. i luckily never met someone that killed me after wiggling and yesterday i even met someone that gave me a gun and a scav vest! (and got one shot killed by an AI 5 seconds later ;))

Brainierboss756

So on first impression this game is awesome, played it for many hours, takes some getting used to for sure but its really well done for being alpha. Mainly I would ask to get aimbots out right away. not just for bots, but players too. too many times have I been looting, I hear a door bust open, sit in the corner then die from prefire. If I were hiding in the same spots I would consider it as a slot\w response, but I've sat in the same room, all sorts of different spots and always get prefire killed. Not head tilting and finding me, just simple, breach and spray directly at my head. That should be priority #1. Next I would say add more guns. Maybe it's just me but AK type weapons, handguns and shotguns seem to be the only ones I can find/buy/loot. Atleast make snipers/M4's/submachine guns more common in shop or on random bots.

mockingbird

It's a shame that the game doesn't have a free demo. as it isn't for everybody. Lucky for me, it's something I've been looking forward to since the last STALKER, minus the supernatural stuff, but it still gives me the same feeling - scavenging for scraps, always watching your back. And of course them guns. I came a litte when I went all mall ninja on my first AKSU.

There is this nice sense of progression, I started with being unable to move two inches before being gunned down (mind you, it was back when the bots were pure crazy) , then I managed to actually take some useful stuff off the map, then I figured out how to do on Scav runs and learned the maps, then I started leveling up my character, managed to get my first hatchet, got my first kills. I remember my heart racing when I managed my first clean extraction on customs after what felt like hours of crawling, bandaging myself and frantic running. It was quite an amazing feeling and I've still got a lot to learn here.