Ewendel88

Hearing/Eye Protection

Ewendel88

Firing a gun is loud and scary. A fun little mechanic to ad to the game would be eye and ear protection. Without eye protection you get stuff in your eyes from firing guns. With eye protection you are safe. But glasses can get scratched and smudged and whatnot. Better glasses can be smudge resistant or scratch resistant. you could wear sunglasses to reduce glare in bright light and switch to clear glasses in low light. taking a minute to clean off dirty glasses would be neat. etc.

Hearing protection is another aspect of range safety. Obviously you could buy cheap foam earplugs and wear them all the time but that would severely limit your situational awareness. You would hear a lot less than normal. Alternatively, you could buy fancy ass active noise canceling earplugs or earmuffs. There are many types available in the real world. Firing your gun without protection should have an adverse effect on your in-game hearing. Permanent/long-term hearing loss? I don't know what do you think?

In conclusion: fun with eye and ear protection.

• Upvote 1

WackoDesperado

I like the idea. A few things though. Getting things in the eye from firing or crawling could be really annoying if it was RNG for obvious reasons. I think the sunglasses could be cool, especially once flashbangs are implemented. I also think the hearing protection would be more useful once flashbangs are in the game, reducing the amount of time you hear ringing. 

So I'd agree as long as it's done right.

gunsnsmoke

When I was searching the internet for the best hearing & eye protection, I found this earmuff for shooting, Caldwell's Platinum Series G3. The product's description seems to be very promising so I was thinking of buying it. I was just wondering if it's actually good. Has anyone tried that yet?