Helix1138

Beta Participation Feedback

Helix1138

Figured since I've put in some good time into the game I could give some feedback:

Not sure if its a bug, but after the first damage received (to single body limb), any of the first aid kits seem to cause damage or blood loss to all other limbs after applying it to the specifically damaged limb. Or is this just what the blood-loss effect does?

Either way I feel the med-kits should be done a little differently. I think it should be a med-kit case you shove your bandages and splints and other medical equipment into. Then you would just use that med-kit on wounds and it would automatically use what was needed, with the time to use being relevant to how many pieces of such and such were needed. The different tiers of med-kits would determine the capacity. You could add quick-clots and tourniquets too I suppose. Also would be cool to have blood dripping that leaves a trail on the ground. 

Audio for guns is really good and frightening. However everything else really lacks, specifically the location of sound. Sound location is absolutely important for this kind of game. Sometimes even the gunfire nearby seems to be coming from everywhere. Ended up being knifed one time (night raid) and while I didn't take damage at first, it sounded like the guy was 3 meters away until he finally jabbed me in the eye. Sound also seems to penetrate through materials without any dampening or reverb to them. Makes figuring out what level somebody is on confusing and rather easy if you're on top of them. Ambient noises are obnoxiously loud and don't do a good job of reflecting the environment. 

As everyone else seems to agree, the AI needs some serious tweaking in all conditions. I do like that the SCAVS talk to indicate that for the most part they are scavs. But also perhaps some server modes that don't have scavs at all. 

Map designs are nice but feel cluttered where they're not supposed to and far too open with others. Factory is actually pretty much set, but really could use some additional paths or entryways in some places. Also would be nice to have a firing range map that lets you play with all the guns and equipment, just to unwind from the stress and suspense of the rest of the game. I know that you can play offline without bots, but you only use your characters equipment which gets boring pretty quick.

Could probably use some more servers too. Connecting and gameplay are all synced up really well, but I get the 605 - no servers available error a lot. 

Would be nice to be able to remap some of the controls too (the options offered currently don't seem to work or just don't do anything) as well as the option to choose the amount of levels we want for speed and stance. 

Guess that's all for now. Otherwise game is immensely solid and satisfying. Sure I suck at it for the most part, but it's a learning process. I feel as more and more weapons and equipment and stuffs are added, players will eventually have some content to their characters and it won't seem like such an intense grab for equipment.

whitepineslate

I am pretty upset about the fact that you can train a skill to the point that a weapon has literally NO RECOIL. I understand recoil reduction to a degree but a fully automatic weapon like the M4 producing zero recoil is silly.