Question about game mechanics

BravoSierra2

BravoSierra2

Before you link me an FAQ and be done with it, I've read all of the FAQs on the forums as well as the interviews with the devs found on reddit.

I have a question on the way the game will begin.

Will Free Roam be available off the bat and raids be optional, or will we be forced to partake in raids until we can unlock free roam?

Cpt-Renko

From the FAQ you said you read (...) :

Q.Will the Escape from Tarkov be a session-based shooter? What game modes is it going to have?
[...]When all scenarios (there will be around 10 of them) are completed, a free roam mode will be unlocked. In this mode, player can move around a 15 sq. km. area without any time limits. [...]

• Upvote 1
7 minutes ago, Cpt-Renko said:

From the FAQ you said you read (...) :

Q.Will the Escape from Tarkov be a session-based shooter? What game modes is it going to have?
[...]When all scenarios (there will be around 10 of them) are completed, a free roam mode will be unlocked. In this mode, player can move around a 15 sq. km. area without any time limits. [...]

:uninja:

hiniberus
30 minutes ago, Cpt-Renko said:

[...]When all scenarios (there will be around 10 of them) are completed, a free roam mode will be unlocked.[...]

So there will be like 10 raids before free-roam is unlocked to get people into the game or something?

4 часа назад, hiniberus сказал:

So there will be like 10 raids before free-roam is unlocked to get people into the game or something?

Raids = game

Exactly. The game is basically story-driven, so the raids are the core of the game; however, we'd like our players to have a good time even after its completion, and introduced Free Roam, Arena, and infused the raids themselves with a significant replayability value. It would be overly optimistic to expect discovering everything they have in store in one run.

yo, just wondering if the game will have a stamina bar that decreases slowly over time. And if so, how dynamic the speed of which it decreases depending on actions performed in the field, altitude, and health.

I remember Metal Gear Solid 3 Snake Eater did a good job there.

On 25/3/2016 at 0:40 AM, Claus said:

Exactly. The game is basically story-driven, so the raids are the core of the game; however, we'd like our players to have a good time even after its completion, and introduced Free Roam, Arena, and infused the raids themselves with a significant replayability value. It would be overly optimistic to expect discovering everything they have in store in one run.

Are we going to have any way to track our discoveries ?

Assuming first raid have 10 paper documents, 2 flash drive and 1 laptop, is the game gonna tell me "13 intels in this level" ?

Assuming I found 3 of them on my first try, is the game gonna tell me "3/13 intels" ?

Edited by Kovacs
  • Upvote 1
mark_nader
3 hours ago, Kovacs said:

Are we going to have any way to track our discoveries ?

Assuming first raid have 10 paper documents, 2 flash drive and 1 laptop, is the game gonna tell me "13 intels in this level" ?

Assuming I found 3 of them on my first try, is the game gonna tell me "3/13 intels" ?

That would be a good thing to have. Nothing like running around trying to find items that don't exist. Good question

Natalino
27 minutes ago, mark_nader said:

That would be a good thing to have. Nothing like running around trying to find items that don't exist. Good question

I think there would be something like side missions you can't finish at one go so you will come back for it. So there should be something like that from my understand so far.

• Upvote 1
mark_nader
4 hours ago, Natalino said:

I think there would be something like side missions you can't finish at one go so you will come back for it. So there should be something like that from my understand so far.

What we are talking about is a form of tracking these events. Maybe a PDA with a check list of primary and secondary objectives you can pull up in a safe location. Just a way to provide that immersion, well also track mission status. 

Natalino
Just now, mark_nader said:

What we are talking about is a form of tracking these events. Maybe a PDA with a check list of primary and secondary objectives you can pull up in a safe location. Just a way to provide that immersion, well also track mission status. 

yea my thoughts as well. something like that, probably