Sign in to follow this  
Emn

unable to start game

Emn

when i try to launch game, screen goes black and only one thing is to ctrl alt del and force close, because program not reacts.

any suggestions what to do with black screen?

PotatoWarriah

Running as administrator? If you have rivatuner or msi afterburner - please uninstall them.

If still having issues, please attach logs from logs folder near game exe. If it crashed then there will be crash log in folder named after current date and time.

Emn

funny thing is when i had Afterburner game launched once...

this black screen can be caused by resolution 1080p?

Emn

@PotatoWarriah

i uninstalled Afterburner (dunno why :/) and it doesnt help, just same as starting as admin (launcher)

Edited by Smok_91

PotatoWarriah

@Smok_91 I am not sure if this is crash log or normal log from Logs, but it seems game cannot access MyDocuments.

If you have antivirus (i.e. Bitdefender) it might be preventing it from accessing settings file.

For Bitdefender we have instructions: 

Liguur
21 minutes ago, PotatoWarriah said:

@Smok_91 I am not sure if this is crash log or normal log from Logs, but it seems game cannot access MyDocuments.

If you have antivirus (i.e. Bitdefender) it might be preventing it from accessing settings file.

I use BitDefender Internet Security 2017, it doesn't give me any problems. Might be something else but you can try turning it off for a minute and then starting the game to see if it works.

PotatoWarriah
1 minute ago, Liguur said:

I use BitDefender Internet Security 2017, it doesn't give me any problems. Might be something else but you can try turning it off for a minute and then starting the game to see if it works.

Not sure about internet security, antivirus definitely makes game not running as I have it and steps above are screenshots from my PC after I installed Bitdefender.

Liguur
2 minutes ago, PotatoWarriah said:

Not sure about internet security, antivirus definitely makes game not running as I have it and steps above are screenshots from my PC after I installed Bitdefender.

The Internet security is a version of their antivirus. It has never caused me any problems, but what works for me might not for another.

Minithekid

What worked for me was launching the game client EscapeFromTarkov.exe as an administrator not the launcher.

Emn
40 minutes ago, PotatoWarriah said:

my friend i cannot see what you psoted on quote "no permission"

@Minithekid i tried it too with no result.

Iam using Nortin Internet security and it never done any problem with any game or program

Edited by Smok_91

Emn

[cannot edit]

can it be connected with resolution? i found 'local' file and resolution is correct (like my screen) but maybe i should change in this file somethin?

PotatoWarriah

If alt-f4 works then it might be that it does not display for some reason.

Please also try alt-enter to change from full screen.

Emn
5 minutes ago, PotatoWarriah said:

If alt-f4 works then it might be that it does not display for some reason.

Please also try alt-enter to change from full screen.

alt enter not working too. alt f4 same. only crtl-alt-del.

every time i launch fame, black screen and windows' cursor. nothing more.

when i open task menager (dunno if its proper name) after few seconds process eft.exe turns into "no response"

PotatoWarriah

Are there any folders with date/time in your game directory, like these (first 3):

570H6Ji.png

If yes, please attach all 3 file from newest one.

Emn

i dont have those folders :o

btw, in this topic someone shown answer to theoretically fix it but i dont have permission to see it

Emn

at least tell me someone how to repair files or uninstall game (control panel-> delete programs? because launches does not have option to uninstall game) and after new installation of launcher and game i will check if it worked.... im really tired of problems with tarkov :/ 

PotatoWarriah

There is not much point in reinstalling, because launcher verifies game files on launch. You can uninstall it by simply deleting eft folder inside launcher folder.

Please attach latest logs from Logs folder in EFT, and also launcher logs from 

%localappdata%\Battlestate Games\BsgLauncher\Logs

Also, you might want to open windows's Event Viewer and check Application and System logs for any errors/messages at time you ran the game.

Emn

I will try it tomorrow, now im on mobile.

I hope i will find solution because its terrible... bought game and cannot run it :/ 

Emn
11 hours ago, PotatoWarriah said:

There is not much point in reinstalling, because launcher verifies game files on launch. You can uninstall it by simply deleting eft folder inside launcher folder.

Please attach latest logs from Logs folder in EFT, and also launcher logs from 

%localappdata%\Battlestate Games\BsgLauncher\Logs

Also, you might want to open windows's Event Viewer and check Application and System logs for any errors/messages at time you ran the game.

lastest dwo from game folder:

08.06 18-27-43 application.log

08.07 6-27-44 application.log

and appdata
2017-08-06.txt

2017-08-07.txt

Cef.log

Emn

[cannot edit]

I even tried to change some thing in local.ini file (ofc i made a copy) - resolution, vsync, fullscreen changed into false (from true) and nothing helps. only black screen with windows arrow. is there any command to run it in windowed mode?

Edited by Smok_91

PotatoWarriah

Hi @Smok_91

8 minutes ago, Smok_91 said:

is there any command to run it in windowed mode?

Yes, change     "IsFullscreen": true, to     "IsFullscreen": false, in local.ini

Did you change your monitor (switched to monitor with different resolution) after first start of the game?

These up are only files from game folder? If there is no errors log, then something might be wrong. I am not sure that it will help, but I think it is good idea to go through with your proposal - delete all files in G:\tarkov\EFT and then let launcher reinstall it.

Emn
3 minutes ago, PotatoWarriah said:

Hi @Smok_91

Yes, change     "IsFullscreen": true, to     "IsFullscreen": false, in local.ini

I did it with no result

4 minutes ago, PotatoWarriah said:

Hi @Smok_91

Did you change your monitor (switched to monitor with different resolution) after first start of the game?

nope, still same stuff :)

I only had one or two error logs and thats it. not alt last logs unfortunately. one of them I posted here http://forum.escapefromtarkov.com/topic/28526-unable-to-start-game/?do=findComment&comment=593312

okay so i will reinstall game. i really hope it will help because im exhausted of the situation...