Jump to content

maybe i should have done more research


Recommended Posts

Psilocloud

i am little dissapointed with this game. I maybe should have looked more into but the trailers were very unrepresentative of what this game actually is. I was looking forward to a realistic gunplay shooter where i would be in intense firefights often. This to me just feels like a slightly better Dayz with a very annoying gameplay loop where i have to pretty much grind hachet runs on factory to get anywhere. Is there anything in the pipline for this game which might give people like me who just want a realistic shooter minus all the tedius survival crap that i am just honestly done with at this point. Dont take this as hate for the game because i could see why for some people this is some next level poo.

  • Upvote 7
Link to post
Share on other sites

"minus all the tedius survival crap" Every raid is literally no more than 50 mins to an Hour. You barely get hungry or thirsty.

If you were given all the assets and guns from the get-go, the replay value would be worse. The reason why there is this survival aspect is so that you feel a level of Thrill when you play (LIKE REAL LIFE GUNFIGHTS) If you were given all the weapons,ammo and gear, what's stopping you running around like a maniac guns spraying and getting bored after a few rounds. 

The game's focus is on REALISM. Not just in terms of gun mechanics but even psychologically realistic. You have a fear of dying and losing everything. If you were disappointed and this was not the game you were looking for, you probably should have read the reviews first or at least watched some videos about the game and it's plans, buddy.

  • Upvote 10
Link to post
Share on other sites

The full game will be story driven and based on teamplay. So it will be very different. The hatchet grind is only till you have some stuff in stock. After your inventory is full you will not even look in to the green crates.

  • Upvote 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
Crusader_OC09

And you have to add , that in final version it will have a market system, so stuff can be purchased or even bidded. Now its a beta, so COD style its what it is now. I get mad as most of the time its just KOS people, but Karma system will me implemented, missions & storyline, so that will make a huge difference....

Link to post
Share on other sites
Psilocloud

the hachet run stuff is really what i just cant deal with. And bringing a pistol or a shotgun is all fine and dandy but i need to actually get those guns in the first place which is why im forced to do hachet runs

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Psilocloud said:

the hachet run stuff is really what i just cant deal with. And bringing a pistol or a shotgun is all fine and dandy but i need to actually get those guns in the first place which is why im forced to do hachet runs

All i have to say.. 

Capture.JPG

  • Upvote 12
Link to post
Share on other sites

I agree that it can be difficult to ascertain exactly what type of game this is - mostly due it to being very unique. That said, there is a metric crapton of videos online with people showing the ins and outs of EfT, as well as 'let's play'/highlight type videos.

But you admit you 'should have done more research' - yet still felt the need to create a topic bemoaning the fact.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
African_Plz
9 hours ago, Psilocloud said:

i am little dissapointed with this game. I maybe should have looked more into but the trailers were very unrepresentative of what this game actually is. I was looking forward to a realistic gunplay shooter where i would be in intense firefights often. This to me just feels like a slightly better Dayz with a very annoying gameplay loop where i have to pretty much grind hachet runs on factory to get anywhere. Is there anything in the pipline for this game which might give people like me who just want a realistic shooter minus all the tedius survival crap that i am just honestly done with at this point. Dont take this as hate for the game because i could see why for some people this is some next level poo.

Who would have guessed, buying a game in beta means that is not a complete, fully functional game? That's a bit of a tricky one to figure out.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 06/08/2017 at 7:48 PM, Psilocloud said:

Is there anything in the pipline for this game which might give people like me who just want a realistic shooter minus all the tedius survival crap that i am just honestly done with at this point.

Yes there is. Go play Battlefield 1 (its an amazing game). This here is survival.

ps: This is also beta, in the future the whole tarkov will be playable. But this an FPS MMO Survival game. Unique in the world so far.

You should have done more research....

On 06/08/2017 at 8:37 PM, Psilocloud said:

the hachet run stuff is really what i just cant deal with. And bringing a pistol or a shotgun is all fine and dandy but i need to actually get those guns in the first place which is why im forced to do hachet runs

If this is true it means you lost everything at a given point and you are just infuriating. Reset the profile...

Link to post
Share on other sites
CodeRed519

I think a lot of the Youtubers misrepresented the game for me. They probably cut the amount of times they died and shot more footage as scavs than PMC. I've had nothing but trouble trying to loot. The aimbot is completely unbelievable with the AI, to the point where even if you do get some loot, good luck getting across the map to the exit.

I had a great loot on Customs, completely full inventory. Made sure my surroundings were completely clear and started making my way to the exit when AI headshot me through bush from quite a distance away. Hell, I can't even get a hatchet run done in factory 7 times out of 10. My starting beta inventory is now completely empty minus a few cans of food and a small amount of rubles.

That's not even mentioning the constant 605 no server error, which I haven't been able to get on and play in the last couple days. The game, animations, graphics, design is great... but I'm putting it down until they finish it. 

Edited by CodeRed519
  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 07/08/2017 at 5:37 AM, Psilocloud said:

the hachet run stuff is really what i just cant deal with. And bringing a pistol or a shotgun is all fine and dandy but i need to actually get those guns in the first place which is why im forced to do hachet runs

If you need quick guns, play as Scav and immediately extract and you got a free gun. Avoid other player Scavs because they like killing anyone they can.

Link to post
Share on other sites
TheScumbagSpoon
On 8/6/2017 at 8:37 PM, Psilocloud said:

the hachet run stuff is really what i just cant deal with. And bringing a pistol or a shotgun is all fine and dandy but i need to actually get those guns in the first place which is why im forced to do hachet runs

Even better buy a GUN for the traders! You start off with 200k. If you've lost all money and weapons then use your Scav. 

If you are that bad and always die. Play in offline mode so you can get better at the game. Learn where things spawn etc etc.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Lennya94 said:

Even better buy a GUN for the traders! You start off with 200k. If you've lost all money and weapons then use your Scav. 

If you are that bad and always die. Play in offline mode so you can get better at the game. Learn where things spawn etc etc.

How the hell do those traders work anyway? Do they seriously have limited stock? Am i supposed to wait untill refresh, then buy decent stuff asap, before it's gone?

I was pretty much forced to play as scav at first, because the only trader that offered aksu an ak, wanted to barter them for some crap items I didn't have. Only today, I was able to jump in at 6 a.m. and boom! Actual guns that you can buy with money. So you can get a gun (and mags) for money, but most of the time it's instantly gone?

Seriously? Was I penalised before for playing at high traffic hours?

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Alsmir said:

How the hell do those traders work anyway? Do they seriously have limited stock? Am i supposed to wait untill refresh, then buy decent stuff asap, before it's gone?

I was pretty much forced to play as scav at first, because the only trader that offered aksu an ak, wanted to barter them for some crap items I didn't have. Only today, I was able to jump in at 6 a.m. and boom! Actual guns that you can buy with money. So you can get a gun (and mags) for money, but most of the time it's instantly gone?

Seriously? Was I penalised before for playing at high traffic hours?

As of writing this, Prapor has basically an unlimited amount of PM's for sale, same with ammo and mags, with 3 min to restock. All traders restock every hour. They generally won't have AK's or similar until you upgrade them(By selling and buying stuff) and if you saw one it was most likely something a player had sold to them.

The only thing that's really limited currently is the currency of the Peacekeeper but I think that'll be increased sooner or later. As recommended by others, if you're struggling with guns etc either A) Run scav runs or B) Reset profile. Once Prapor is lvl2 though you can buy AK's for cash so that may make it a bit easier for you.

Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Rommel12 said:

As of writing this, Prapor has basically an unlimited amount of PM's for sale, same with ammo and mags, with 3 min to restock. All traders restock every hour. They generally won't have AK's or similar until you upgrade them(By selling and buying stuff) and if you saw one it was most likely something a player had sold to them.

The only thing that's really limited currently is the currency of the Peacekeeper but I think that'll be increased sooner or later. As recommended by others, if you're struggling with guns etc either A) Run scav runs or B) Reset profile. Once Prapor is lvl2 though you can buy AK's for cash so that may make it a bit easier for you.

Perhaps.

I checked available items for upgraded merchants and it does get better, I'm not sure if the prices are manageable but that's a whoile different story.

Right now the only thing that infuriates me is the absurd race where decent items (keys, grenades) disappear in seconds from traders. Maybe also the stash size that makes it really difficult to store items for barter.

Link to post
Share on other sites
HoundDogZA

From one newbie to another here are just a few tips if it helps.  When I started I was also rapidly losing all my gear and money and had to turn it around quickly... and now my inventory is overflowing and my money is back where it started if not more.  I have not needed to run with a melee weapon.

- Always insure your stuff to stand a chance at getting it back within 24 hours.  Don't forget to check your messages to collect the insured stuff when it is ready.

- Use your Scav at low risk to build up some initial firepower and money when you're low on gear and money.  This doesn't require scav on scav killing but to be honest I have killed an AI scav for his shotty and run out too - particularly when I did not understand the point of Scavs initially.  Hang around AI's who help you take on PMC's and go loot their kills.  

- Don't forget to use mouse wheel/scroll when checking bodies.  Only later I realized I was missing out on loot like an idiot because their backpacks were further down the menu.  Initially I just assumed no one was carrying backpacks/vests lol.

- Watch a few of the YouTube tips for beginners and advanced videos.  Some great advice there also. 

- Use Caps Lock to sneak walk.

- No need to stockpile multiple weapons of the same type.  Just use insurance, don't get too attached and it will be fine :) Insurance isn't a guarantee though if someone looted your stuff off the map.  But surely if a high lvl player kills you he won't bother with your low lvl gear.

- Don't go into battle with many clips/magazines.  One spare magazine is enough with spare ammunition in your alpha/gamma container to top them off.  You could even choose to just have one weapon - no need for a secondary unless you have a reason.  This frees up space for loot and saves your secondary for another game.  Some people don't even go in with backpacks and expect to loot for them instead.

Extraction points as at time of writing:

- Play Factory on offline mode to get a sense of exactly where the extraction is and what it looks like.  There are two but only one is unlocked and doesn't require a key.  Use Caps Lock / sneak a LOT in this area.  You can then blitz it quite easily/comfortably.

- In Shoreline, just follow the main power line to get to the extraction near the bunker/tank (Which is right up against the barbed wire) - or the main road beside all the water to get to the dock extraction.  Careful of AI's at the dock.

- In the Woods.  There is an extraction near a log cabin on a small mound/hill where AI always camp.  Just keep running into the woods where a car is parked - can't describe the direction.  I seem to recall there was a bunker extraction too but I rarely bother with it.

I haven't learned Customs yet :)

On the Traders

- You level them up to get options to better gear.  This has two requirements... that you trade enough with them (The game shows the money cap to next level), and that your main character also reaches a minimum level cap.  i.e. 400k of trade and lvl10 char requirement for the first loyalty jump with the trader.

Hope all that helps a little.  Have fun :) 

Edited by HoundDogZA
  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, HoundDogZA said:

From one newbie to another here are just a few tips if it helps.  When I started I was also rapidly losing all my gear and money and had to turn it around quickly... and now my inventory is overflowing and my money is back where it started if not more.  I have not needed to run with a melee weapon.

- Always insure your stuff to stand a chance at getting it back within 24 hours.  Don't forget to check your messages to collect the insured stuff when it is ready.

- Use your Scav at low risk to build up some initial firepower and money when you're low on gear and money.  This doesn't require scav on scav killing but to be honest I have killed an AI scav for his shotty and run out too - particularly when I did not understand the point of Scavs initially.  Hang around AI's who help you take on PMC's and go loot their kills.  

- Don't forget to use mouse wheel/scroll when checking bodies.  Only later I realized I was missing out on loot like an idiot because their backpacks were further down the menu.  Initially I just assumed no one was carrying backpacks/vests lol.

- Watch a few of the YouTube tips for beginners and advanced videos.  Some great advice there also. 

- Use Caps Lock to sneak walk.

- No need to stockpile multiple weapons of the same type.  Just use insurance, don't get too attached and it will be fine :) Insurance isn't a guarantee though if someone looted your stuff off the map.  But surely if a high lvl player kills you he won't bother with your low lvl gear.

- Don't go into battle with many clips/magazines.  One spare magazine is enough with spare ammunition in your alpha/gamma container to top them off.  You could even choose to just have one weapon - no need for a secondary unless you have a reason.  This frees up space for loot and saves your secondary for another game.  Some people don't even go in with backpacks and expect to loot for them instead.

Extraction points as at time of writing:

- Play Factory on offline mode to get a sense of exactly where the extraction is and what it looks like.  There are two but only one is unlocked and doesn't require a key.  Use Caps Lock / sneak a LOT in this area.  You can then blitz it quite easily/comfortably.

- In Shoreline, just follow the main power line to get to the extraction near the bunker/tank (Which is right up against the barbed wire) - or the main road beside all the water to get to the dock extraction.  Careful of AI's at the dock.

- In the Woods.  There is an extraction near a log cabin on a small mound/hill where AI always camp.  Just keep running into the woods where a car is parked - can't describe the direction.  I seem to recall there was a bunker extraction too but I rarely bother with it.

I haven't learned Customs yet :)

On the Traders

- You level them up to get options to better gear.  This has two requirements... that you trade enough with them (The game shows the money cap to next level), and that your main character also reaches a minimum level cap.  i.e. 400k of trade and lvl10 char requirement for the first loyalty jump with the trader.

Hope all that helps a little.  Have fun :) 

Really good advice right there. Basically what I would have said and have done on my own. It's tough if you lose out on all your starting gear and money but: Scav runs are your friend for quick cash, don't be afraid to take a bottle of water and wait out the timer for a while to clear the game out, and definitely learn where specific loot zones are so you can know precisely where to go wherever you might spawn. 

I lost all my starting gear when I first got into the Beta, now I have 2 fully Tacticool AK-74ns (really just for money dumping), 2 AKSUs with some filthy western attachments, 2 P226s, 2 Semi Shotguns, 2 Soft Armours, a bunch of bags in bags in bags, 2K USD, 500K R, and the list goes on. You just have to play it smart, trust your gut, and deal with your cards when the Gopniks descend on you with hatchets. Leveling up a trader is one of the best ways to get to that second 'Tier' of gameplay but, for the time being, just enjoy the simpler life with a PMM or Grach.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Seeing as this is made by guys who worked on STALKER, id say that this is the type of game one is born for, and naturally either has it in him/her to enjoy it or not. This is a type of game that would rather want a gamer to adapt to it than it to the gamer

Link to post
Share on other sites
COLanski
vor 2 Minuten schrieb Hpnot1Q:

Seeing as this is made by guys who worked on STALKER, id say that this is the type of game one is born for, and naturally either has it in him/her to enjoy it or not. This is a type of game that would rather want a gamer to adapt to it than it to the gamer

Somewhere in the FAQ is written, that the team has ONE SINGLE guy that worked on stalker too. :D

Don't fall for rumours.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6. 8. 2017 at 9:02 PM, Fr3shM3at said:

no one forces you to do hatchet runs take at least a shotgun or pistol with you.

Desync, broken AI, gamma vest glitchers and exit campers forces him to do hatchet runs.

Edited by Venomm
  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...