maybe i should have done more research

1 hour ago, COLanski said:

Somewhere in the FAQ is written, that the team has ONE SINGLE guy that worked on stalker too. :D

Don't fall for rumours.

One is enough to spread the cheeki breeki

KurdtCobain
On 07/08/2017 at 11:08 PM, CodeRed519 said:

I think a lot of the Youtubers misrepresented the game for me. They probably cut the amount of times they died and shot more footage as scavs than PMC. I've had nothing but trouble trying to loot. The aimbot is completely unbelievable with the AI, to the point where even if you do get some loot, good luck getting across the map to the exit.

I had a great loot on Customs, completely full inventory. Made sure my surroundings were completely clear and started making my way to the exit when AI headshot me through bush from quite a distance away. Hell, I can't even get a hatchet run done in factory 7 times out of 10. My starting beta inventory is now completely empty minus a few cans of food and a small amount of rubles.

That's not even mentioning the constant 605 no server error, which I haven't been able to get on and play in the last couple days. The game, animations, graphics, design is great... but I'm putting it down until they finish it. 

You're playing the game wrong then. I bought the game maybe 15 hours ago, lvl 11 with 3-4 ak74u, 2 paca armor, 3 shotgun, like 5 backpacks, still have about 150k rubbles and 500ish dollars and some blackrock vest.. mostly only played Factory using pistol/shotguns and couple time ak74/shotgun. Waiting to loot/buy an ak or m4 with a scope to actually play wood/shoreline/customs since they're larger maps ( I beleive? )

On 06/08/2017 at 8:37 PM, Psilocloud said:

the hachet run stuff is really what i just cant deal with. And bringing a pistol or a shotgun is all fine and dandy but i need to actually get those guns in the first place which is why im forced to do hachet runs

You started with a bunch of pistols and 300 000 roubles!!! no need for hatchet runs

sokoloveee14
On 8/7/2017 at 10:08 PM, CodeRed519 said:

I think a lot of the Youtubers misrepresented the game for me. They probably cut the amount of times they died and shot more footage as scavs than PMC. I've had nothing but trouble trying to loot. The aimbot is completely unbelievable with the AI, to the point where even if you do get some loot, good luck getting across the map to the exit.

I had a great loot on Customs, completely full inventory. Made sure my surroundings were completely clear and started making my way to the exit when AI headshot me through bush from quite a distance away. Hell, I can't even get a hatchet run done in factory 7 times out of 10. My starting beta inventory is now completely empty minus a few cans of food and a small amount of rubles.

That's not even mentioning the constant 605 no server error, which I haven't been able to get on and play in the last couple days. The game, animations, graphics, design is great... but I'm putting it down until they finish it. 

the 605 error can be worked around by inviting a player in the lobby into your party by clicking and right clicking on their name and invite to party. once the game says you are the party leader and has a blue bar on the top of the player list you can get into the game. i recieved like 20 605 errors yesterday until i started doing that method. i started getting into matches every time. also you can go on the EFT website and reset your profile but can only do it once every 2 weeks so itll get your starting gear back but put you at level 1 and reset everything.

Don't even worry about your stock. The only thing you really need to stock up on early is Roubles, to burn. Level up those traders, and the game becomes a lot easier.

If your focus is stockpiling loot, then you risk being reset back to square one. The real focus IMO is unlocking better trade items, and always having the wealth to buy a new kit from scratch. 

Buy Shotguns from Skier. They're more than enough to dominate Factory runs, for any experienced FPS player. Level him up to 2, and you'll have access to some really good stuff. I also use Skier to repair, because he's expensive, and well, that's a good thing for leveling. I insure through Therapist too.

Prapor's easy to level, because he sells such versatile items. 

But yeah. Go in with 1 item, like a shotgun or a pistol, carry out as much as you can. Sell it all. Buy more. Don't save things unless if something really rare, or something you don't have access to yourself yet. Even then, it's easy come easy go IMO. 

Like, right now, I'm getting fully kitted out M4A1 off players I kill with M-133 shotguns. I'll keep 1 or 2 in stash, because I don't have access to buy them myself. But everything else, vendored, so I can spend that money leveling up my traders.

When you have the money and the reputation to buy a new kit before every match, you'll find this game is a lot more like the realistic shooter you're looking for. 

• Upvote 1
DankMemess

Before you bought into the game you should of known that losing your equipment was a possibility. If you are doing hatchet runs that means you have lost all the equipment that you have received for free. What you seem to be asking for here is to presented with either free guns or a gun that you cannot lose, this is something that will not, and I hope not ever happen because it would defeat the whole purpose of the game.

How well you do in this game is going to be directly related to your skill as a FPS player and your ability to problem solve and think quickly to employ tactics that will keep you alive. That being said, I understand that the game also has it's issues that hinder your ability at times to do that and sometimes it's out of your control, but more often than not if you are a good player you will come out strong in the end if you take things slow and know what you are doing, and what your enemies are doing (such as using audio queues, it's literally life and death.)

Of course, to you this might seem like a bunch of BS... but the thing is, there are people who have NEVER ran out of guns to use because they can usually manage to extract, it just takes having the skill (yes, sometimes luck) to survive. Once you build a small collection, you use that to build up even better weapons.

The best advice I can give to you is that if you are looking for weapons quick, learn how to play factory well and keep your combat distance short (being mindful of shotguns) and play it hard. My very first four online matches were at factory, each successful extractions. By the end of the fourth I had at least 5-6 extra pistols, 2 shotguns, an AK74U, and a bunch of rigs and bags and some crap to sell. To some, that might not sound like a whole lot but that brings me to my other advice... which is don't be greedy. If you are low on gear and you know that, don't push your luck by trying to haul the whole map out at once. It's true that you should try and leave wilth full bags, stocking up every slot with stuff even if it's just some crap to sell, but when you start setting your mind on specifically making kills for guns you are purposely putting yourself at risk of losing your own stuff, take it slow and easy when you are starting out or even just low on gear and just grab and go, but watch where exactly it is you are going.

• Upvote 1
Strontium1

Ran up to a AI scav yesterday with my hatchet, smacked him in the head and nicked his AK, then legged it to the exit, most intense run to exit yet. reward vs risk.

Livercheese
10 hours ago, Strontium1 said:

Ran up to a AI scav yesterday with my hatchet, smacked him in the head and nicked his AK, then legged it to the exit, most intense run to exit yet. reward vs risk.

where's the risk? :)

Yaoming117

I'm just gonna say this from my own experience, stop doing factory and do a different map. I literally got like 5 AKUs from only doing shoreline. I have yet to even extract from factory because I die in minutes. Also, if you want a realistic shooter without the whole survival, go play Squad or Rising storm. Be warned Squad is early release.

On 6-8-2017 at 8:37 PM, Psilocloud said:

the hachet run stuff is really what i just cant deal with. And bringing a pistol or a shotgun is all fine and dandy but i need to actually get those guns in the first place which is why im forced to do hachet runs

I think you maybe better of in BF1... If you not even can get to the exit with gear. You are doing it wrong. Also the game gives you every hour a free pass to get gear. Play factory as scav my tip for if you struggle with combat, just take a safe spot and after 15 min free loot and kill the other scav for better guns 

Edited by ferrie
ShiroTenshi
On 8/7/2017 at 11:06 PM, djhifi said:

Yes there is. Go play Battlefield 1 (its an amazing game). This here is survival.

ps: This is also beta, in the future the whole tarkov will be playable. But this an FPS MMO Survival game. Unique in the world so far.

Ehh... Not totally wrong, but not right either. While EFT has survival elements, is i NOT a survival game. The DEVs say so themselves.

danathrill
On 8/6/2017 at 9:00 PM, alros02 said:

All i have to say.. 

Capture.JPG

I totally agree with OP, this game has some ways to go before it Git's Gud, at the moment its Git uninstalled until the devs realise that their AI needs some attention. It really is no fun when the AI can 360 no scope one shot you through a keyhole blindfolded at night while under fire in the rain.

13 minutes ago, danathrill said:

I totally agree with OP, this game has some ways to go before it Git's Gud, at the moment its Git uninstalled until the devs realise that their AI needs some attention. It really is no fun when the AI can 360 no scope one shot you through a keyhole blindfolded at night while under fire in the rain.

When was the last time you fought against AI? It's really easy right now. It was hard like days ago, not anymore.

Television

At this point just huck yourself in there with some gear that you start with, also the money you start with can help you buy weapons if you lose absolutely everything you started with. Eventually the inventory will be reset anyways so just play and get better. Also hatchet runs for me are a good way to get comfortable with the game without fear of losing anything. Also I like the idea of starting with a hatchet, and seeing how many people I can kill and how much gear I can leave with.

On 9-8-2017 at 1:29 PM, Venomm said:

Desync, broken AI, gamma vest glitchers and exit campers forces him to do hatchet runs.

Sounds like he is not playing the same game as i do... i am new aswell 4th wave beta player. still even with OED my stash is to small in 2 days after upgrading :P  I maybe are not the best killer... but still i am smart or tactical enough to get to the exit with gear.