Help Understanding SCAV and PMC playthroughs

Hello, kinda new to the game and while getting past the usual frustrations that I hope the dev team is working on, there are a few things that I wish were better explained in tutorials or somewhere else. I will list these out in a list format so it will hopefully be easier to answer so those like me looking for these answers can finally know what we are doing wrong:

1. When playing Scav mode, what is the true purpose behind it? Are you playing to hunt other PMC's or are you grabbing quick loot while shooting other Scavs? Every time I join in a game, I either get lucky and spawn alone or I immediately find myself in a gunfight with those I thought should be on my team. 

2. When using Scav mode, what is the best way to gain XP, and does it transfer to main character when earning XP? I understand that playing as Scav is a great way to gather loot when you have sold or lost all your equipment, but I am trying to level my character and traders. To do so I need character level so I want to squeeze every bit in that I can. However, if XP does not transfer, I will be a little disappointed in wasting my time with it.

3.  When playing as a PMC, what is the best way to maximize earning XP without cheesing the game? I know this is a debatable topic, but I try to at least give those in my faction a chance to be friendly, but killing them gives a lot of XP. I try to go on bigger maps like 'customs' and 'woods' but after spending my time looting, desync hits so hard that defending myself from NPC's is nearly impossible (another issue I hope they are working on). So in the current state of the game, I want to know what the best way to go about leveling up and boosting trader attitudes is without burning my own faction's players or running hatching on factory. 

4. What is the best way to level your skills. I see that we have access to 6 or 8 skills with general descriptions of what they are, but I have zero idea how to actually level them up and keep them from dropping in level. This would be a major game changer for me so I don't aimlessly try to figure these out. 

5. Last one. I know that they spoke about possibly adding colored bands on arms to help groups identify each other, but I am curious if anyone knows if they will be instituting the ability to wear different colored clothes or putting big emblems on your sleeves so that you don't have to play the wiggle lottery to find your friends. I think it would be a great idea to institute the ability to wear matching shirts and pants so players know who your friends are. 

I appreciate anyone that would help this noob out as I am trying to enjoy this game with every fiber of my being through the problems currently felt in the beta's current state. The more info anyone is willing to offer me I would gladly accept as I want to "git gud" and hopefully help other players down the line. As a side note, if anyone who is good at this game and has time to play with me and help me understand the game, or is looking for a friend to game up with, my in game name is OumaShu. I would love to shadow someone as they show me the ins and outs of this game, or run along side someone else who is also trying to learn this game. Hopefully this thread was within the bounds of the forums rules, as I didn't see any posts talking about starter information or answers to the questions above. Thanks for reading my entire essay and I hope to hear some feedback soon.

Edited by hunter97
GolemGore
vor 6 Minuten schrieb hunter97:

1. When playing Scav mode, what is the true purpose behind it? Are you playing to hunt other PMC's or are you grabbing quick loot while shooting other Scavs? Every time I join in a game, I either get lucky and spawn alone or I immediately find myself in a gunfight with those I thought should be on my team. 

2. When using Scav mode, what is the best way to gain XP, and does it transfer to main character when earning XP? I understand that playing as Scav is a great way to gather loot when you have sold or lost all your equipment, but I am trying to level my character and traders. To do so I need character level so I want to squeeze every bit in that I can. However, if XP does not transfer, I will be a little disappointed in wasting my time with it.

Hey :)

1. The way you play the Scav mode is  your own choice becouse there is no penalty for killing other scavs. So if you feel good to kill some "friendly" guys to get their loot, feel free. I prefere to hunt the pmc becouse its a lot of fun to flank players who just stare at the same Scav spawns and dont have a look for everything else.

2. The XP you gain as scav do not transfer. You just can transfer the stuff you found.

I think the scav mode is just a good way to fill your stash in early games.In the moment my stash is full and i dont need to farm with scavs so i just play him like a assasin and rush the pmc from different places :) 

vor 14 Minuten schrieb hunter97:

3.  When playing as a PMC, what is the best way to maximize earning XP without cheesing the game? I know this is a debatable topic, but I try to at least give those in my faction a chance to be friendly, but killing them gives a lot of XP. I try to go on bigger maps like 'customs' and 'woods' but after spending my time looting, desync hits so hard that defending myself from NPC's is nearly impossible (another issue I hope they are working on). So in the current state of the game, I want to know what the best way to go about leveling up and boosting trader attitudes is without burning my own faction's players or running hatching on factory. 

In the moment it is a KOS game. I first trie to play the Q&E dance but in 80% of games i get killed. The best way to maximes your XP is to kill PMC players. Headshots give a good boost too and than escape. When you not escape you loose a big amount of your multiplikator.

Sry for my bad english :)

English was good enough to understand, and that's all that matters. I appreciate the help though. Guess I am really dissapointed that Scav runs don't boost XP. But what are you gonna do. And I was afraid of your answer to number 3. I know they are gonna institute a Karma system to make faction killing way less lucrative, so I want to get in the habit of checking fire. But I guess you have to play with the cards that you are given. Thanks again!

If anyone else has better ways to grind XP and money, I would love to hear it. Still wanting to hear best way to gain levels and level my skills up in this game, but can't seem to find any current videos on Youtube explaining how. Only alpha testing.

I try to keep up to date on his videos, but I haven't seen one explaining the game modes or best ways to achieve XP. I may have missed one, but I don't think I saw one made by him personally.

fast way i found so far to level up its to do hatchet runs on factory loot the green boxes put it on your container and escape, this tactic also makes you good money and will level up your traders if you didnt boost them

As to not hash on some of my other posts, I would love to, but I keep getting camped on the exit by those who close the door then wait for you to open it so your defenseless, so until the game decides over 120 runs to the dorms is enough to finally give me factory key, or someone is gracious enough to give me one, I have kinda of counted out this as a viable option as XP through death is horrifically penalized. Great suggestion when it works though. Thank you

infinity_walrus
8 hours ago, hunter97 said:

If anyone else has better ways to grind XP and money, I would love to hear it. Still wanting to hear best way to gain levels and level my skills up in this game, but can't seem to find any current videos on Youtube explaining how. Only alpha testing.

for exp if you want a really safe way just run strait for extract on factory for i think 2k exp each time and more if you loot or kill anyone, and for money the best way is just hatchet runs to boxes and putting stuff in the gamma. hope this helps

So basically beat the exit campers before they can get there. Interesting idea. Definitely worth a try. I think it will come down to getting a group together that has someone of high level who can help clear factory or other maps then getting to extract. Just did two runs today with a group and that was huge. Now to find someone of high level that is fine helping the gimps haha.

infinity_walrus
4 minutes ago, hunter97 said:

So basically beat the exit campers before they can get there. Interesting idea. Definitely worth a try. I think it will come down to getting a group together that has someone of high level who can help clear factory or other maps then getting to extract. Just did two runs today with a group and that was huge. Now to find someone of high level that is fine helping the gimps haha.

dont know if you knew this but there is a set amount of players in a lobby so if you have a group of 5 your team is 5/10 players in a a game so you can really easy clear a map that way 

For sure, the issue is finding a group that is semi-gearable so that when we go to clear map, we don't have over half the team running makarovs. But tis the struggle of this game. Just got to find people who are game to go map clearing with me for hella loot you know?

I really hope that isn't how that works.... That sounds like it would ruin end game content. I could see a super heavy bleed effect, as per getting shot in your arteries but unless your sawing someone's leg off with that mak, I don't see how it would be instant lethal in 3 some shots. haha. But who am I to question the realism of a game. :b

10 minutes ago, infinity_walrus said:

>fully armored guy

>pull out makarov

>3 tap legs

>ez loot

Decent players wouldn't let you get too close to make that shot.

13 minutes ago, hunter97 said:

I really hope that isn't how that works.... That sounds like it would ruin end game content. I could see a super heavy bleed effect, as per getting shot in your arteries but unless your sawing someone's leg off with that mak, I don't see how it would be instant lethal in 3 some shots. haha. But who am I to question the realism of a game. :b

I strongly agree that if someones takes out your leg and i mean really take it out ( almost as shot off ) we need super severe fast bleeding which is increased if you try to move. Tho they said that more advanced medical system is coming.
As for all overall 'leg meta' it's viable. Same as if you wan't to disable a tank you destroy it tracks. Same goes with legs - if you wan't somebody to stop running - take out their legs. Dirty yes - nasty yes - efficient - yes therefore viable. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hydrostatic_shock_(firearms)

Edited by sYs
8 minutes ago, infinity_walrus said:

you dont have to be good to have a 5 man team

I never go 5man. Max 3 ( super rare ) usually two - less solo. Going 5 man is only good for loot or quest in the future to gain map dominance.

If you are seeking good fights - you minimize your team size to increase the count of enemies. The last and only time i died in this patch with full gear ( def, helm) was by middle extraction barbed wire. Super lame.  

Edited by sYs

Im seeking money and leveling. Hence my quest for more members to go into a raid with. And I really look forward to an advanced medical. That would make me beyond ready to bump up to a more expensive copy of this game (Since its core aspects are what ive always wanted in a game). But with the tank metaphor. Sure you can destroy its tracks and shoot its fuel tank. But buyer beware, that turret still spins and should still be effective as long as fuel remains. Thats how I think this game should be. Sure, go ahead and blow my legs out, but I will fight till my last breath. That would be awesome. But thanks for helping me with my post so far guys. Just want to get my traders up to level 3 so I can start equiping for some awesome raids.

infinity_walrus
6 minutes ago, sYs said:

I never go 5man. Max 3 ( super rare ) usually two - less solo. Going 5 man is only good for loot or quest in the future to gain map dominance.

If you are seeking good fights - you minimize your team size to increase the count of enemies. The last and only time i died in this patch with full gear ( def, helm) was by middle extraction barbed wire. Super lame.  

in alpha near wipe i grouped with a whole server of my friends and we just memed nade only game