Jaxdiifreid

Night cycle/in-game darkness concern and question

Jaxdiifreid

Will gamma adjustments be an option?

Or more generally I'd like to know if there will be something in place to combat
a person negating the obvious downsides of not being able to see in the dark, 
such as boosting an in game gamma slider until the night becomes bright as high
noon.
   I ask this because seeing as NV is shown to be in the game, as-well as a
day/night cycle, it would be a hefty concern if anyone could easily get an arguably
unwinnable advantage through a simple in game trick.

I only ask because the dev's in Arma, for whatever reason, decided a gamma
slider was a good thing. As far as I'm aware most games do not include a gamma
adjustment but i figured i'd ask anyways.

<3

• Upvote 1

Dreggiestyle

I was wondering about this myself.

Natalino
52 minutes ago, Jaxdiifreid said:

Will gamma adjustments be an option?

Or more generally I'd like to know if there will be something in place to combat
a person negating the obvious downsides of not being able to see in the dark, 
such as boosting an in game gamma slider until the night becomes bright as high
noon.
   I ask this because seeing as NV is shown to be in the game, as-well as a
day/night cycle, it would be a hefty concern if anyone could easily get an arguably
unwinnable advantage through a simple in game trick.

I only ask because the dev's in Arma, for whatever reason, decided a gamma
slider was a good thing. As far as I'm aware most games do not include a gamma
adjustment but i figured i'd ask anyways.

<3

Could be anyones concern, lets invite @Claus here and if he answer it for us good, if not then its a good thing to know for the DEV's that this might be used for cheating the night mode and using it for an advantage over others, so they can think again if they were thinking on putting it in the game.

Thanks @Claus

Scruffy

I don't a have this information considering this is info coming from developers side. I am also curious how this will be handled.

I remember playing DayZ and BreakingPoint with increased gama at night just so I don't get into disadvantage and get killed. I prefer dark atmosphere as it bring new approach to gameplay. It would be great if gama is locked for hardcore servers but I hope some of these guys can help regarding this question:

@Claus@TarkovEscaper

ChaosTactical

maybe lock gamma at night? or have preset amounts of gamma? is that even do-able?

Kwahamot

Let's hope not. The game is based upon realism and the last thing I want is a guy being able to see in the dark. Let's just say it must be the power of the carrots.  It's not gamma adjustment, it's carrot adjustment.

DCG_Wulf

I hope that there is no gamma adjustment. I would like to see a more realistic approach, like the more you are outside at night, the better your vision will become. Not in all areas, like dense forest or a cloudy night, but at least be able to see a change in vision as you move around outside. 

Nyctea

No gamma adjustment, and the night is as dark as it's realistically possible - to counter the possible display settings adjustment.

Natalino
13 minutes ago, Claus said:

No gamma adjustment, and the night is as dark as it's realistically possible - to counter the possible display settings adjustment.

Very good to hear that!

Thanks Claus

Cryptic Gamer
3 hours ago, Claus said:

Moving on from that I'd like to know what is being implemented regarding eye adaptation. Will this be something that is implemented into the game? As anyone who has played Arma on an overcast night will know that sometimes the dark is too dark, it makes it almost impossible to navigate around the enviroment. This is only because no thought was given to Eye Adaptation. Now I'm not saying that your eyes adapt to levels that are comparable to the use of NVG's but at the very least allow you to navigate efficiently and with the side effect that if someone shines a torch in your face then you're temporarily blinded and you have to start the adaptation cycle all over again. Could even be something that's factored into the skill tree but that's probably stretching it a little.