BaD_KaRMa_701

Mod Support / Steam Workshop Support

BaD_KaRMa_701

I am wondering if you have had a conversation on giving the fans access to the tools to make mods, will the Developers support the modding community? Will there be a steam version of the game with workshop support. Something similar to games like the games  ARMA,and DAYZ have implemented.

Cryptic Gamer

Right now I'd say probably no. This is not a game that supports third party servers which is something you would need to run your Mod, every server you will play on will be a Battlestate one.

Europoor

This is also interesting for me, since I'd love to create some weapon attachments/items :P 

Ржавый

In the interwiev for Grind.fm, Nikita Buyanov tell's - they think about it and planing to add only works, which are complit devs testing. Only best works, which don't broke balance and lore will be accepted to add in game. (Sorry for my bad english, pls).

Edited by Ржавый
  • Upvote 1

DeiCidal

Awesome for some people, but if modding was available then you get the raft of rats who come through and ruin it for everyone else by creating hacks and exploits.

Nyctea

It is our intention to allow modding and support Workshop, however, with certain obvious limitations. We will provide the materials and assets for modding and we will be strictly reviewing the submitted mods. 

This may sound a bit restrictive, but, since EFT is an online game, we have security considerations to observe.

FWR

I can't stand WoT PC mods.
Console's versions are way better.
Equal clients = fare game.

Europoor
45 minutes ago, liveAlexios said:

I can't stand WoT PC mods.
Console's versions are way better.
Equal clients = fare game.

Limitations my friend, limitations. PC modders can't stand it. And users of PC mods. 
(*fair)

FWR
1 час назад, Europoor сказал:

Limitations my friend, limitations. PC modders can't stand it. And users of PC mods. 
(*fair)

They want to get advantage on average player who using no mods.

Europoor
40 minutes ago, liveAlexios said:

They want to get advantage on average player who using no mods.

Severvise modding: everybody gets access access to mod content. I haven't even heard of a solution of the variant, where a player on a server doesn't get access to the mod contents which are used on that server. 
By this, you can either choose the server which is modded or not.

Edited by Europoor

FWR
5 минут назад, Europoor сказал:

Severvise modding: everybody gets access access to mod content. I haven't even heard of a solution of the variant, where a player on a server doesn't get access to the mod contents which are used on that server. 
By this, you can either choose the server which is modded or not.

EFT will have united economy - if modders have opportunity to get resources faster
and/or get XP - that will doom all original gaming expirience BSG wants to deliver.

If you talking about custom matches (for example, Halo), this will be no modding
Just private game for fun. PvP mods can be exist - but it should be approved by developers.

Europoor
1 minute ago, liveAlexios said:

EFT will have united economy - if modders have opportunity to get resources faster
and/or get XP - that will doom all original gaming expirience BSG wants to deliver.

If you talking about custom matches (for example, Halo), this will be no modding
Just private game for fun. PvP mods can be exist - but it should be approved by developers.

But now you see: Devs are going to filter mods before they get ingame, so what's the fuss about?

Dex (Aust)
8 hours ago, Europoor said:

what's the fuss about?

Have to agree with you here. Mods that are approved by DEV would be great and would enhance the assets/game overall. Just need to keep it balanced for either side. Count me in.