Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Gandorlf13

What happened here? Extreme Desync?

Recommended Posts

Gandorlf13

As you can see I cannot do any harm to the player and he obviously can't see me at all, prior to this happening I had killed another player (in the same match) with no problems what so ever. Also, I cannot loot anything. 

Later, as I was heading to the extraction tunnel my character took heavy damage (as if having been involved in a firefight), I used my first aid and stopped all bleeding and used painkillers so I could walk again. When I was waiting to extract, I was killed by nobody. 

So what happened here? Extreme lag? VIDEO: http://plays.tv/video/598bccd99f41751114/can-anyone-explain-this-

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JayDust

I have actually had this happen to me as well in a very similar situation. I remember going through factory with an axe and was just wailing on an "unsuspecting" scav. I must've hit him countless times for a full 30 seconds, it was really odd. All the boxes I went to wouldn't complete item transfers. Eventually out of the blue my character decides to die. I'm no expert but I just assumed I had experienced some major lag and must've died ages ago. For all I know, my avatar that everyone else could see was probably standing there in place for some time and had even died long before I had even realized it. Extreme desync would probably be a good way to sum it up. However this was my only experience so far in beta where this has happened.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
echeadle

Yeah I have stuff like this a lot. I haven't had it this bad, but usually I'll unload on someone and then not only do my shots not land, but I'm just all of a sudden dead.

 

During the first video you go into inventory and try moving that ammo to a different spot, and even that wasn't working!!! So I'm guessing its just lag/desync/server overload. I think this is the main stuff they're working on now too so that's good :)

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gandorlf13
1 hour ago, JayDust said:

I have actually had this happen to me as well in a very similar situation. I remember going through factory with an axe and was just wailing on an "unsuspecting" scav. I must've hit him countless times for a full 30 seconds, it was really odd. All the boxes I went to wouldn't complete item transfers. Eventually out of the blue my character decides to die. I'm no expert but I just assumed I had experienced some major lag and must've died ages ago. For all I know, my avatar that everyone else could see was probably standing there in place for some time and had even died long before I had even realized it. Extreme desync would probably be a good way to sum it up. However this was my only experience so far in beta where this has happened.

Exactly like me then! This was my first experience of this too, I've just had 3 games no problems so hopefully it's a rare thing. 

1 hour ago, echeadle said:

Yeah I have stuff like this a lot. I haven't had it this bad, but usually I'll unload on someone and then not only do my shots not land, but I'm just all of a sudden dead.

 

During the first video you go into inventory and try moving that ammo to a different spot, and even that wasn't working!!! So I'm guessing its just lag/desync/server overload. I think this is the main stuff they're working on now too so that's good :)

This is my only experience of it, if they are fixing it then that's good :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
JayDust
1 minute ago, Gandorlf13 said:

Exactly like me then! This was my first experience of this too, I've just had 3 games no problems so hopefully it's a rare thing. 

No, I doubt it is very common at all, the only other time I can recall where this has happened to me before was months ago in the alpha, but even then compared to the amount of hours played this is an extremely low occurrence. I wouldn't be too worried.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Psypoc

This happens to me 9 out of 10 games. Mind you, I play from Australia. This is severe desync. The desync gets progressively worse over the course of a match. The loot window does not pop up on its own, it is simply delayed. Whenever you click on an item or corpse, that loot window will eventually pop up while you venture on. In such situations it's best to not click an item multiple times, because the loot window will keep popping up. Bullets obviously don't register and you usually die a while later out of nowhere. The worst desync I've had is around 10 minutes. I've literally stood at the extraction point, walked away, got a coffee and was extracted 10 minutes later. It's ridiculous and makes the game not really worth playing. Be glad that it doesn't happen to you all the time...like for us Australians.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Gandorlf13
7 hours ago, Psypoc said:

This happens to me 9 out of 10 games. Mind you, I play from Australia. This is severe desync. The desync gets progressively worse over the course of a match. The loot window does not pop up on its own, it is simply delayed. Whenever you click on an item or corpse, that loot window will eventually pop up while you venture on. In such situations it's best to not click an item multiple times, because the loot window will keep popping up. Bullets obviously don't register and you usually die a while later out of nowhere. The worst desync I've had is around 10 minutes. I've literally stood at the extraction point, walked away, got a coffee and was extracted 10 minutes later. It's ridiculous and makes the game not really worth playing. Be glad that it doesn't happen to you all the time...like for us Australians.

The inventory thing makes sense now, while I was trying to loot a player that had been killed (not by me) I was pressing F but nothing happened. So what you said makes sense about why it was constantly popping up!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Streblo
On 8/10/2017 at 11:59 AM, Psypoc said:

This happens to me 9 out of 10 games. Mind you, I play from Australia. This is severe desync. The desync gets progressively worse over the course of a match. The loot window does not pop up on its own, it is simply delayed. Whenever you click on an item or corpse, that loot window will eventually pop up while you venture on. In such situations it's best to not click an item multiple times, because the loot window will keep popping up. Bullets obviously don't register and you usually die a while later out of nowhere. The worst desync I've had is around 10 minutes. I've literally stood at the extraction point, walked away, got a coffee and was extracted 10 minutes later. It's ridiculous and makes the game not really worth playing. Be glad that it doesn't happen to you all the time...like for us Australians.

Exactly the same behavior for me last night. I'm in the UK, so I don't think this is just due to your location.

A couple of other things I noticed regarding this...

The first few minuets playing on shoreline as a scav were perfect. I opened a crate and began to loot stuff, and as I transferred a carton of juice into my inventory it just flashed for about 10 seconds. After about 10 seconds of flashing and nothing happening, the level up message appeared in the bottom right of the screen and said something like "Looting level increased". As soon as that message popped, the item stopped flashing in my inventory and I was good to go. Or so I thought... When I eventually made it to the extraction point, it didn't start to count down for guess what... about 10 seconds! So I think there's a delay between the game server you play on and whatever controls the loot and leveling system. When you loot something or level up it forces the player to wait for a response and its this wait that's causing the desync.

I've also noticed while this desync is happening I can't open a webpage, my voice lags out in teamspeak, and my phone will disconnect from my routers wifi. It's almost like the game is freaking out and sucking up every bit of bandwidth it can.

Edited by Streblo88

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
IncognitoMom
2 hours ago, Streblo88 said:

Exactly the same behavior for me last night. I'm in the UK, so I don't think this is just due to your location.

A couple of other things I noticed regarding this...

The first few minuets playing on shoreline as a scav were perfect. I opened a crate and began to loot stuff, and as I transferred a carton of juice into my inventory it just flashed for about 10 seconds. After about 10 seconds of flashing and nothing happening, the level up message appeared in the bottom right of the screen and said something like "Looting level increased". As soon as that message popped, the item stopped flashing in my inventory and I was good to go. Or so I thought... When I eventually made it to the extraction point, it didn't start to count down for guess what... about 10 seconds! So I think there's a delay between the game server you play on and whatever controls the loot and leveling system. When you loot something or level up it forces the player to wait for a response and its this wait that's causing the desync.

I've also noticed while this desync is happening I can't open a webpage, my voice lags out in teamspeak, and my phone will disconnect from my routers wifi. It's almost like the game is freaking out and sucking up every bit of bandwidth it can.

Ye Well you have it good I get a 10 min delay between actions and i dont believe it has anything to do with my internet or PC specs. Does anyone have anymore info because i just spent £40 on this game and then for it to be unplayable. i feel bad for those who spent 100. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Satah

This problem has been there since the launch of the Alpha and they haven't even be able to reduce it. It is the result of bad netcode which doesnt react properly to high latencies and packetloss. A good developer would be able to completely rewrite and fix it in a few months, but since they didn't fix it before launching Beta I doubt they even know where the problem is or how to possibly fix it. So I wouldn't expect it to go away anytime soon.

Edited by Satah

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Psypoc
14 hours ago, IncognitoMom said:

Ye Well you have it good I get a 10 min delay between actions and i dont believe it has anything to do with my internet or PC specs. Does anyone have anymore info because i just spent £40 on this game and then for it to be unplayable. i feel bad for those who spent 100. 

The only solution I found so far is using a VPN to connect to US servers directly. I followed the advice of some folks on the forum here and bought ExpressVPN. I connect to Los Angeles 2 or 3 servers and get a stable ping of about 170-180ms when connecting from South Australia. The only downside (apart from the license cost of the VPN) is that I now also get the 605 error and more random disconnects as well as loooooong matching times. It's still way better than dealing with 10 minute delays though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
TheEzyK
On 13/08/2017 at 2:42 PM, Psypoc said:

The only solution I found so far is using a VPN to connect to US servers directly. I followed the advice of some folks on the forum here and bought ExpressVPN. I connect to Los Angeles 2 or 3 servers and get a stable ping of about 170-180ms when connecting from South Australia. The only downside (apart from the license cost of the VPN) is that I now also get the 605 error and more random disconnects as well as loooooong matching times. It's still way better than dealing with 10 minute delays though.

Is this allowed? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Psypoc
4 hours ago, TheEzyK said:

Is this allowed? 

It does not alter the game in any way, nor does it make any changes to the client on the end user's side. It merely optimizes how the user connects to the nearest game server. The terms of service do not mention anything about VPNs not being allowed. As of right now, it is the only way for me to meaningfully play the game. The moment I disable the VPN, the desync gets out of hand.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
v3n0mou5

Please refer to using the search function as there are many threads like this. Also we are aware of this issue and we are working on it.

 

On 13-8-2017 at 11:58 PM, Reconic said:
  • Q: Desync issue is annoying when will you fix this?
  • A: We are aware of desync issue, and we will keep working on solving this.

 

#locked

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...
b38e7c858218a416ef714554dce933a2