l0lwurst

Damage Calculation

l0lwurst

Hello everyone,

I just want to ask something about the damage calculation based on the distance and type / ammunation of a gun.

Today I was playing and saw an enemy approx. 30-40m away from me, standing still. ONE shot with the 9x18 mm PM SP7 out of the PM 9x18PM pistol right to the head, did not kill that particular player. After a second shot was fired to the chest, the player died (He had no helmet on). Looking at the specs of the ammunation I used, it shows, that it should've made 60 Damage, which should result in a oneshot kill, right? Do headshots in general result in a oneshot kill, regardless of the weapon/ammo ?

Later that game, I needed 4 shots in the chest for a player to die with the same specs as above (he had no chest armour). That doesnt seem right to me, if SP7 does 60 damage...

Is the damage of that bullet reduced after that distance explained in my first paragraph OR is the damage calculation broken

Thanks in advance.

thesxw

i experienced that 1rst bullet make body part black and second one with same body part kills it (sometimes it goes alittle lower than full body HP )

as i assume u need to make over dmg to kill

Vadrome

Since headshots should always be a one-shot-kill, I'm gonna blame the desync. The hit animation and model changes are client side.