Arranleehale

How will you play?

Arranleehale

Your Play Style

So, you download the game, you load in.. what next?. 

I'm interested to find out how you think you'll adapt your play style once you get in. 

Based on what we know already, how do you execute the perfect experience?. 

Friendly or Foe? 

Stealth or all out war? 

• Upvote 1

Europoor
25 minutes ago, Arranleehale said:

Your Play Style

So, you download the game, you load in.. what next?. 

I'm interested to find out how you think you'll adapt your play style once you get in. 

Based on what we know already, how do you execute the perfect experience?. 

Friendly or Foe? 

Stealth or all out war? 

already several topics on this, please search the forum :)

Ржавый

I will try to explore all ways to fun, while we in alpha. Because vipe going to clean all our history. It's better to learn what's working good in game, and which is not. (sry for my bad engl)

• Upvote 1

Arranleehale
2 hours ago, Ржавый said:

I will try to explore all ways to fun, while we in alpha. Because vipe going to clean all our history. It's better to learn what's working good in game, and which is not. (sry for my bad engl)

English is spot on my friend!. I like your style of thinking. Get to know the area and then make decisions. This is something I would do so it's a great tip for players! 

• Upvote 1

uspenguin

As for KOS or not, there is a thread with extensive discussion regarding that aspect of this.
Other than that, my playstyle will be more of a passive survivor. Kill any threat without any
hesitation, but I do not PLAN to go out of my way to hunt other people down. I will do many of the trader missions for respect/reputation and some money.

A big thing I like to do with survival games, is keep my health 100%. I like how I will have to have certain medications for certain illnesses or injuries. I will pay close attention to my character and try to keep him tip top.

danielmadden

well i will be able to answer that question in like 25 years because that is when the game will be released.  the way were going  my great grand kids will be able to answer thats how long away the game is stated to be relaesed! in the year 2044!............

Jorick

2 scenarios :

In the best case, I see and I identify the other guy. If he's BEAR, I shoot him, and he goes down. If he's USEC, I don't shoot him and try to tell him we're in the same team. If he's a fool and tries to go full retard, never show mercy to deserters, cowards, and traitors.

In the worst case, I don't know who's behind the wall, and I'll try to find a way to get some info. If I can't, I get out of the building and wait at the exit. If I can't go out of the building, then, I'll go out of the room/hideout and see if he shoots on sight at my own risk.

globalgamingplayer
5 hours ago, Jorick said:

2 scenarios :

In the best case, I see and I identify the other guy. If he's BEAR, I shoot him, and he goes down. If he's USEC, I don't shoot him and try to tell him we're in the same team. If he's a fool and tries to go full retard, never show mercy to deserters, cowards, and traitors.

In the worst case, I don't know who's behind the wall, and I'll try to find a way to get some info. If I can't, I get out of the building and wait at the exit. If I can't go out of the building, then, I'll go out of the room/hideout and see if he shoots on sight at my own risk.

why would you shoot BEAR? they are the *good* guys in tarkov world. while the USEC are the *bad* guys :)

I prefer avoiding head on contact with players and if i do meet them i stay neutral until they threaten me.

suspect572

If this plays out like Dayz or Rust it will probably be foe, KoS. Haha well lets hope not.

Jorick
14 hours ago, globalgamingplayer said:

why would you shoot BEAR? they are the *good* guys in tarkov world. while the USEC are the *bad* guys :)

I prefer avoiding head on contact with players and if i do meet them i stay neutral until they threaten me.

In times of war, no one are the good guys. People involved in wars have dirty hands in 99% of the cases, if not always. Plus I say I'm going to shoot BEARS because I'm probably going to stick with english speaking teammates, since I'd hate having people not speaking a word of english. *looks to csgo*.

germ

Kill every one and take their stuff, and teabag bodies. Defiantly playing as a scavenger. kos

Edited by germ

Dex (Aust)

Like this! So be extremely careful.  Best of luck Gentlemen and I will see you on the battlefield soon.

• Upvote 1

Elitepwnsface

The only way your are supposed to play. with one hand in your pants!

In all seriousness I hope to play in a pve mode of some sort, till i get used to the gameplay, then probably figure out how to do a little pvp

Hotah

Mostly stealthly for me. Its just my style....

Loanshark

I don't know if this is the right place to ask but if i get it on Pc, any way to use a controller to play or is it keyboard only ?

CerebralDaemon
14 minutes ago, Loanshark said:

I don't know if this is the right place to ask but if i get it on Pc, any way to use a controller to play or is it keyboard only ?

Don't take my answer for granted, that's only my opinion, but I have the feeling there may not be enough buttons on a controller to support all the functionalities this game will have. Even just the "crouching using the scroll wheel" mechanic would be a serious headache to implement on a controller...

Loanshark

True, But you figure if they go balls out on Ps4 or Xbox then they have to make a controller config correct? 

Fryum

Think everyone will kill on site....

Edited by Fryum

Drakkaar
1 hour ago, Fryum said:

Think everyone will kill on site....

Well, there will always be a lot of people that play like this. But one of the interesting features that this game will have to try and curb the appeal of KoS is adding a Karma system.

Certain Raids (Missions) will have suggestions to not kill any PMC's (Killing scavs is fine) or you will get negative karma, other raids will have suggestions for not shooting your own faction PMC's, or you will get negative karma.

Karma is said (So far) to add negative side effects such as: Random illnesses, more gun problems (Jamming/misfiring) probably an effect to either health regen(Outside of Raids),  stamina regen, who knows what else. All of this is subject to change of course since Alpha hasn't even started for us yet, but I think it will help with some of the KoS, at least during RAID missions.

Free-Roam will be hell in Tarkov but I think it'll be fun either way.

jb996
On 6/10/2016 at 5:53 PM, TheOtherSlug said:

I cant see how they would convert all of the controls to a controller.

I dont see why you would want to use a controller ... 

Maybe he likes controller more? lol

nsaine
On 6/17/2016 at 8:36 AM, jb996 said:

Maybe he likes controller more? lol

Yeah for some its more comfortable I suppose

Imprezaa

my style is stealth ninja ;p attack when you have great chance and position.

slawomiro

Definatly stealthy. Friendly, as long as someone not out to get me. ;)

Desantnik13

EN:

It seems difficult to me to put make *every* feature available to controller but is it possible to have "basic controller support"? so say you could move, shoot, and crouch but you can't choose the exact height of the crouch.

RU:

На мой взгляд было бы очень сложно сделать *все* функции доступны для гаймпэда, а возможно ли добавить "основную поддержку для гаймпэда"? так что можно двигаться, стрелять, и согнуться, но используя гаймпэедом невозможно выбрать точную высоту согнутости.