rastafreakk

Stuttering while Scoping with 4 times scope

rastafreakk

Hi there, so when im using the 4 Times scope and always when i start to Aim i get a frame drop, like a small freeze of the picture. I have the Game settings on mid/high 

with LoD on 3.5 

I have also 16GB Ram and a 970 GTX 

Anyone an idea?

• Upvote 1

WackoDesperado

Could just be un optimized

m4dk1ngd0m

i have the same issue, aaaand about stutt, i think when every player enter the game or leaves (extract), the same event happens. Ive tried all settings from low to high with no success.

Edited by m4dk1ngd0m

Km4n

Is it a bug or hardware issue? I havent come across this yet

Jack-Johnson

It´s a bug.... happens to me as well on 7700k 1070 with above 100fps

Booker21

Same here. Is distracting 

Your_Moms_Gyno

I believe this is the problem with using 3d scopes.

The game appears to be modelling the inside of the telescope, which is why you see the black crescent rims surrounding the sight picture at oblique angles to the optic face.

Given the way it behaves when you move, i don't think this is an animation. It's actually modelling the picture in 3D (my guess).

Other games like squad have tried this and changed it because of the large draw on power, and it would be my guess.

If i'm correct, and it is this: It most likely is an issue with optimisation, however again: it's more processing required to model such a pretty and 'realistic' behavior, so will impact lower performing hardware also.

Edited by qS_Sachiel

Deadmode

This is a Unity issue. Everyone gets it. I heard that it requires changes in the engine to fully cure.

• Upvote 1

Sanczero

It's an issue with the engine the devs say. The game is rendering two screens at once when you aim in. Grass not loading past 20 yards is another engine issue. Both may not even be fixed in the full release sadly. Kinda sucks we they have an engine that can't get aiming to work properly in a first person shooter.

Edited by Sanczero

JaxAttackPC

It's not a bug or an issue, it's just their implementation of the scopes, which IMO is a bad way to do it. Like Sanczero said above, they're rendering the game twice (one rendering at a higher FOV to get zoom), which kills your performance. I'd rather take a cut in terms of realism and have everything zoom, and still manage to stay above 30 FPS. Yes, it wouldn't look as cool, but playability is more important than what is IMO a very small realism detail that we could all live without.

Lightel
6 minutes ago, JaxAttackPC said:

It's not a bug or an issue, it's just their implementation of the scopes, which IMO is a bad way to do it. Like Sanczero said above, they're rendering the game twice (one rendering at a higher FOV to get zoom), which kills your performance. I'd rather take a cut in terms of realism and have everything zoom, and still manage to stay above 30 FPS. Yes, it wouldn't look as cool, but playability is more important than what is IMO a very small realism detail that we could all live without.

Yeah... You didn't but the right game

JaxAttackPC

I bought a game, not a simulation

I'm all for realism where it matters, but having scope-only magnification doesn't really add too much to the game, and has the side effect of making long-range shooting much harder than it should be, which directly affects gameplay and in turn realism (since I stutter like crazy when I equip a 4x optic, I stick to 1X optics).

It's a case of playability versus nitpicking details.

Even Arma (a simulation) doesn't have optic-only zoom, because it's not performance-friendly. Sure, Rising Storm and other games like Insurgency have it, but they're typically not performance intensive games so they can get away with it. EFT is pretty graphically demanding, and it shows when you equip a 4X optic.

Edited by JaxAttackPC

dayzru

I love EFT for the right scope implementation. I wish it would remain the same. Could be better optimized, I suppose, but this real scope mechanics is adorable!

The whole screen zooming IS NOT what I'm looking for in Tarkov, sorry.

JaxAttackPC

Idk if it's possible but reduced resolution zoom on the outer view with blur to hide the drop in quality, that could work perhaps

Booker21

Anyone else still getting this? It only happening with scope and is annoying. 

ErMitraja
On 7/1/2018 at 7:02 PM, Booker21 said:

Anyone else still getting this? It only happening with scope and is annoying. 

Sure, i was wondering if it is related to amd or it happens also to Nvidia users. 

On 24/10/2017 at 12:36 AM, dayzru said:

I love EFT for the right scope implementation. I wish it would remain the same. Could be better optimized, I suppose, but this real scope mechanics is adorable!

The whole screen zooming IS NOT what I'm looking for in Tarkov, sorry.

However, it is not realistic at all struttering while aiming. Maybe it is better for you when you meet in game someone with this problem but don't play the card of simulation