Sign in to follow this  
Deepockent

Trader Liquidity

Deepockent

Since the final beta wave was given admission to the game, it hasn't been at all uncommon to see the Peacekeeper out of USD. That's not all that surprising, as he's the only trader function with dollars and there are thousands of people trying to level him up through selling him things (as it's not like you're going to find thousands of USD in a safe!).

However, over the past week or so I've been seeing (in the NA servers, at least) that Prapor is out of money more frequently than not. We're talking his, what, 20m RU diminished down to 7000₽ and lower. Has the trader economy become completely destabilized with the admission of the beta waves? Or are we seeing people exploiting duplication bugs to make more money with the traders?

In any case, the sooner we get a hotfix for it the better. The current inability to sell to anyone but fence (ha ha) reliably is having a deleterious effect on the overall game play experience. While I realize that the inclusion of a player auction system and so on might go a long way to alleviating some of the stress that we're currently seeing on vendors, it seems likely that those are going to be features seen in the open beta or full release of the game.

In closing, I'd like to ask what the teams current plans are to give traders cash accessibility, and further what the timetable looks like for having those changes pushed?

Best,

Deep

E3nti7y

I agree i have issues with stache size and not having enough room which is why i might upgrade to EOD or slightly lower, but the worst thing is that, when my stache is full, it takes a long time to even get rid of the items in to sell it, it should not be difficlut to sell items. I think introducing a more reasonably priced fence would make sense and maybe have it so hes litterally just a middle man that lets players sell between each other and set max or min prices, auction things and etc. would be an amazing fix. also ive heard the devs say that upgrading stache size is going to be available but not easy and dont want you to be able to just buy the stache upgrades and gamma containers with money but i see the EOD edition as a large part to get the gaurenteed alpha more than anything. therefore i think the EOD cost should go down by atleast 20-30 dollars.

gfa3

what duplication bug? If you're referring to insurance fraud that's not possible because if the item is looted it's gone and will not be returned by insurance

I honestly think people are just clearing-house when the fence or whatever the third guys name is has really good stuff for sale,

if you've noticed since the update he has been selling much more weaponry in general...

imo, i think that people are then going to prapor (who sells the most rubes for most items) and clearing out their stash (and his pockets) to then go back to the fence and buy the modded ak74us etc

Deepockent
8 minutes ago, E3nti7y said:

I agree i have issues with stache size and not having enough room which is why i might upgrade to EOD or slightly lower, but the worst thing is that, when my stache is full, it takes a long time to even get rid of the items in to sell it, it should not be difficlut to sell items. I think introducing a more reasonably priced fence would make sense and maybe have it so hes litterally just a middle man that lets players sell between each other and set max or min prices, auction things and etc. would be an amazing fix. also ive heard the devs say that upgrading stache size is going to be available but not easy and dont want you to be able to just buy the stache upgrades and gamma containers with money but i see the EOD edition as a large part to get the gaurenteed alpha more than anything. therefore i think the EOD cost should go down by atleast 20-30 dollars.

From what I'm aware, future stash upgrades are entirely in the works. The benefit to purchasing EOD is starting off higher up the upgrade path than other players are - Which would mean at launch you'd have a larger stash size. Irregardless of stash size, however, it's crucial to everyone to be able to sell when they need to.

The UI to access the auction system has been in place since alpha. However, we haven't seen anything come of it yet. You can see it in the Trading screen along the top. My hope is that that'll eventually give EFT more in the way of economy play, as there will always be sought after items, be they keys, early game Grizzlies, and so on.

5 minutes ago, gfa3 said:

what duplication bug? If you're referring to insurance fraud that's not possible because if the item is looted it's gone and will not be returned by insurance

I wasn't aware of any insurance fraud, and while I haven't seen it in action, I've heard tell of other duplication exploits floating around that could possibly have something to do with the traders recent lack of money, aside from the influx of players.

Deep

E3nti7y

i dont believe there is a duplication bug in the game but im not sure. I personnally have just skyrocketed in skill since the beginning and think that others may be doing the same? I.E. when i first played i lost every single pistol in the stache and then decided to reset profile