NanoZ

Identifying Semi-/fullauto

1 hour ago, ChestyPuller said:

Press L. 

Remember on which guns which selection is what fire mode. I know for AK variants, up is Full Auto, down is Semi.

I cant see duck all from L i have to tell by his finger pressing it

A text would be nice and non intrusive - it would also help if it's dark as hell around you or if the pixels are simply too small to get which fire mode we are on.

Please add a text, right now I'm always playing with fire mode selector to find out which mode it might be and it sucks because a) it's loud b) if you didn't grew up with guns you might not know where which fire mode is and c) PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD ADD A TEXT :uhappy:

Thanks

alt + b, learn the selector switch positions

To the best of my knowledge down the pipeline, leveled skills and weapon mastery will help identify ammo count and fire selector but it is possible I might be wrong.

Edited by UlyssesVengeanc

9 hours ago, UlyssesVengeanc said:

alt + b, learn the selector switch positions

To the best of my knowledge down the pipeline, leveled skills and weapon mastery will help identify ammo count and fire selector but it is possible I might be wrong.

The Kedr does not have a visible selector lever. In real life people don't just stick their weapon receiver to their head to view the selector setting. A key like the magazine check is appropriate.

1 hour ago, Yukari_Akiyama said:

The Kedr does not have a visible selector lever. In real life people don't just stick their weapon receiver to their head to view the selector setting. A key like the magazine check is appropriate.

The keybind already exists, but the message you want to pop up probably won't be coming for a good while, so try what some of us do if you're not using alt + b in the meantime: memorize your selector position or look at your hand motion to see what he switches it to. Additionally, if you forget, hold your fire button for a sec; you'll know what you're on instantly :) 

I also disagree with your assumption: the kedr has an extremely visible fire selector on the right side of the gun, try the keybind I mentioned and you will see it(flush with the weapon is auto, angled down is single)

Cheers

I most definitely agree with OP. Games are limited with having only visual and aural signals. For the stuff that player can feel (by touching or otherwise) User Interface is needed, as in body damage which is shown by UI. So in my opinion visual feedback of touching and feeling the fire mode lever would be useful.

Agreed. Either the finger animation or the switching sound should be distinguishable, or a short text onscreen.

Especially for the AK-74N, both lever positions look almost identical, as do the switching animations.

The text system is already planned, you can see it being demonstrated in the shoreline trailer, it'll probably be a while until we see it though.

On 8/13/2017 at 8:40 AM, Albator said:

It's a hardcore game. No need to write anything. Look at the weapon or return to call of

The thing is that we'd in reality be able to feel this by using our thumb/forefinger (depending on AK or M4), so its perfectly reasonable to have it indicated somewhere by pressing a button. Just like how we have a screen that shows our HP and status, because we'd normally be able to feel things like 'I'm bleeding out of my leg' (hell, I'd really like a healthbar/status screen for myself in reality).

I could have sworn that before the latest scav patch the lever for semi/auto in AK's moved up/down when you did L or alt B.. 

I see it change positions in the Kedr but not AK's anymore.. could this be a potential bug?

Edited by njdaemon

vor 20 Stunden schrieb njdaemon:

I see it change positions in the Kedr but not AK's anymore.. could this be a potential bug?

I can clearly distinguish the lever position on the AKSU, but it barely moves at all on the AKN.

If it does not change at all, you might want to report it.

On 12.8.2017 at 11:40 PM, Albator said:

It's a hardcore game. No need to write anything. Look at the weapon or return to call of

hehe, never played cod in my life, just sayin :uohwell: