Bumfiddler

Weapon fov how to change

Bumfiddler

How do i change this ? ive seen people with fov's that make theyre weapons further away from the schreen i had this when i first played the game and set the fov to 75 but it reverted itself

is there like a INI trick or anything ? 

ComradeBurris

Settings and then game then fov

Bumfiddler
1 minute ago, MaejorRaskoln said:

Settings and then game then fov

thats not what i mean i meant the weapons fov i even said it in my post that i set it to 75 and it didnt change anything 

ComradeBurris
Just now, Bumfiddler said:

thats not what i mean i meant the weapons fov i even said it in my post that i set it to 75 and it didnt change anything 

It's a glitch It's well known

Bumfiddler
1 minute ago, MaejorRaskoln said:

It's a glitch It's well known

so how do i perform this glitch ? 

ComradeBurris

Mmm you shouldn't otherwise you can get banned! I wouldn't 

Bumfiddler
2 minutes ago, MaejorRaskoln said:

Mmm you shouldn't otherwise you can get banned! I wouldn't 

i doubt glitching your weapon fov can get you banned since some people cant even play certain games without this feature

ComradeBurris
4 minutes ago, Bumfiddler said:

i doubt glitching your weapon fov can get you banned since some people cant even play certain games without this feature

That's your problem sunshine if your willing to get your account terminated be my guest! It was stated on Facebook glitches and hacks can get your account terminated.

Edited by MaejorRaskoln
  • Upvote 2

Bumfiddler

Can i get a dev to respond to this is this a bannable offense 

to use a glitch like this to make the game more playable for people who get motion sick quickly 

EDIT i havent used any glitch like this on purpose just to make it clear 

Edited by Bumfiddler

Satah
2 hours ago, Bumfiddler said:

is there like a INI trick or anything ? 

Probably. You can set the FOV in the "shared.ini" to a higher value. Try changing it. If it reverts back to normal try making the file protected.

1 hour ago, MaejorRaskoln said:

That's your problem sunshine if your willing to get your account terminated be my guest! It was stated on Facebook glitches and hacks can get your account terminated.

It was stated multiple times that glitches WON'T get you banned. Stop spreading bs.

VoodooTFN

wow MaejorRaskoln, you are aggressive dude. 

calm down and don't post pics of your runs, No one is impressed. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

Bumfiddler
22 hours ago, Satah said:

Probably. You can set the FOV in the "shared.ini" to a higher value. Try changing it. If it reverts back to normal try making the file protected.

It was stated multiple times that glitches WON'T get you banned. Stop spreading bs.

I did this and set it to 90 but now my game wont even load lmao 

VoodooTFN
4 hours ago, Bumfiddler said:

Same here, Just sits at a black screen 

ShiroTenshi
On 8/12/2017 at 3:33 PM, Satah said:

You are right. Glitches won't (for now). Too bad changing values on game files does not fall under the definition of a 'Glitch' but rather in the category of 'Modification of Game Files' which IS banable.

3.3 You agree that you shall not, in whole or in part, under any circumstances, do the following:

Derivative Works: copy or reproduce, decode, derive source code, modify, disassemble, decompile, or create derivative works based on or affiliated to the launcher application of the Game or the Game itself, or otherwise use the Software, except as expressly set forth herein;

Bumfiddler
1 hour ago, ShiroTenshi said:

You are right. Glitches won't (for now). Too bad changing values on game files does not fall under the definition of a 'Glitch' but rather in the category of 'Modification of Game Files' which IS banable.

Aah right good to know that but does this count for ini tweaking aswell ? if the devs dont want us to alter stuff they should use a more harder to get to file system (The way payday does for example) using PAK files 

VoodooTFN
4 hours ago, ShiroTenshi said:

The only way to get 21:9 working properly is by changing the Ini, That can get me banned?

we are fixing what is broken so why would we get punished for it?

An INI file is part of initialization file format, A file generated by MY system. Not a default game file.

it is not part of the install and not part of the default game files, Its generated by each user by their system when the game is first ran. 

The idea of being banned for changing the INI is laughable.

Satah
10 hours ago, Bumfiddler said:

6 hours ago, VoodooTFN said:

Same here, Just sits at a black screen 

You guys probably changed the wrong value. Keep "Fov" at 25, try changing "StatedFieldOfView" to your desired value. But I tried it myself and for me it doesn't work anymore, so prolly won't work for you guys either. I don't know what other (legal) possibility there would be. Maybe there is a hidden console command.

5 hours ago, ShiroTenshi said:

If you follow the ULA there is also this statement under the same section:

«exploiting software bugs»: create, utilize and perform gaming operations by using errors in the structure, unregistered problems and software defects in the Game;

But it only means that it is forbidden, not that it gets penalized with a ban, otherwise it would be a contradiction to the devs statement. Obviously they don't want people to abuse exploits and change game files, but that doesn't mean you will get banned for that. Aside from that as @VoodooTFN pointed out, an INI is merely a system settings file, not a game file. It's not even in the game directory.

Another example:

The same section states that "cheats, i.e. methods influencing and/or facilitating the gameplay [...] therefore giving you and/or any other user advantage over other players not using such methods;" are forbidden. Now that VoIP tools like Teamspeak or Discord allow you to team up and therefore give you a big advantage over players who don't use these tools, they qualify as cheats using the quoted definition. Does BSG ban people for using these tools? No. So not everything that is covered by the ULA results in a ban.

Edited by Satah

VoodooTFN
10 minutes ago, Satah said:

You guys probably changed the wrong value. Keep "Fov" at 25, try changing "StatedFieldOfView" to your desired value. But I tried it myself and for me it doesn't work anymore, so prolly won't work for you guys either. I don't know what other (legal) possibility there would be. Maybe there is a hidden console command.

Aye, I set that back to 25 and it came back. Played around with the other FOV setting but nothing changed past the FOV set in game. 

ShiroTenshi
1 hour ago, VoodooTFN said:

An INI file is part of initialization file format, A file generated by MY system. Not a default game file.

33 minutes ago, Satah said:

But it only means that it is forbidden, not that it gets penalized with a ban, otherwise it would be a contradiction to the devs statement. Obviously they don't want people to abuse exploits and change game files, but that doesn't mean you will get banned for that. Aside from that as @VoodooTFN pointed out, an INI is merely a system settings file, not a game file. It's not even in the game directory.

Regardless of who or what generated that file, as long as it affects the game than it has the potential of being banable. Of course it depends on what and how exactly the change does to the game, but it is a possibility outlined by the EULA.

The difference between this and something like TS is that TS does not interact directly with the game. Does not change the game  or game code in any way.

I am not saying you WILL get banned. I am saying you CAN get banned if the DEVs so choose.

Good_Cat

I

2 hours ago, VoodooTFN said:

The only way to get 21:9 working properly is by changing the Ini, That can get me banned?

it is not part of the install and not part of the default game files, Its generated by each user by their system when the game is first ran. 

The idea of being banned for changing the INI is laughable.

I run a 21.9 UltrWidescreen haven't had to alter the .ini file to get anything working, so its not the game files that need "fixing".

Edited by Good_Cat

VoodooTFN
57 minutes ago, Good_Cat said:

I

I run a 21.9 UltrWidescreen haven't had to alter the .ini file to get anything working, so its not the game files that need "fixing".

3440x1440 UW needs to be set in the config other wise the fov resets when you open the inventory or press escape. 

its a known bug, That has been reported and commented on and I was told by a mod about the fix and to set the file as read only. 

VoodooTFN

My mistake it was tech support that came up with the aspect ration edit.

lblackline

Editing the INI should set the fov the way OP wants it, it was the only way some 21:9 monitors (3440x1440) are able to have a clear and playable game..