ODD

2 problems with EFT

The Game Changer  

211 members have voted

1. 1. Will you reduce your graphics to gain a competitive edge?

• Yes
    • No

ODD

People are going to increase the brightness and gamma of their game when it's nighttime. Eliminstating the need for nightvision goggles  

People aren't going to use in-game voice as the enemy can hear them speak. Therefore, they'll use teamspeak. 

Drekal
8 minutes ago, ODD said:

People are going to increase the brightness and gamma of their game when it's nighttime. Eliminstating the need for nightvision goggles  

On 30/3/2016 at 4:30 PM, Claus said:

No gamma adjustment, and the night is as dark as it's realistically possible - to counter the possible display settings adjustment.

8 minutes ago, ODD said:

People aren't going to use in-game voice as the enemy can hear them speak. Therefore, they'll use teamspeak. 

Like in any game with people playing together. But don't worry, I don't think you'll encounter a raid with a team of 6 really often. So if the enemy PMC decide to play together to go through a raid, they'll have to use the in-game voice chat.

Edited by Drekal

Europoor

Is there a: maybe, we will see option?

Ржавый

I prefer good graphic settings.

th3sh4p3

I have a TitanX so i dont have to, i think ;)

Sudo_R00t

I have a calculator, so I'll obviously drop settings to low.

Cpt_Nobody

I will have maximum graphic settings. 

• Upvote 1

vicwiz007

Nah Im gonna put them as high as I can with around 60fps which will probably be somewhere around high but it's not like CS where a guy with 200fps will have advantage on you

TheTrainStation
25 minutes ago, vicwiz007 said:

Nah Im gonna put them as high as I can with around 60fps which will probably be somewhere around high but it's not like CS where a guy with 200fps will have advantage on you

Try playing a game at 60 fps when you are used to play on 144 hz. :3 Its absolute cancer. And ofcs, i will lower some settings like anti aliasing and all that crap, because honestly. Who needs that crap on a 1440p monitor.

Not to mention the benefits of having more frames.

2 hours ago, ODD said:

What is the exact point of this poll again?

I hope it is not to shame people that would do things like this to get the upperhand in battle.

vicwiz007
21 minutes ago, TheTrainStation said:

Try playing a game at 60 fps when you are used to play on 144 hz. :3 Its absolute cancer.

first world probs am i right xD i know what you mean though because on CS ill be playing with like over 200fps then go to insurgency or something and takes a bit of getting used to

TheTrainStation
6 minutes ago, vicwiz007 said:

first world probs am i right xD i know what you mean though because on CS ill be playing with like over 200fps then go to insurgency or something and takes a bit of getting used to

Well, since i play in the comp scene of ins, anything below 144 hz ticks me off. The framerate translates back into the responsiveness of the mouse.

Like, hardset your monitor to 144 hz, and then play a 60 fps game. I guarantee it will feel like you are using vsync. xD

enigmatic

I will have all the graphics

TK-Four20
2 hours ago, th3sh4p3 said:

I have a TitanX so i dont have to, i think ;)

You are misunderstanding, he means turning the graphics down so you can see through bushes and poo like that. It doesn't have anything to do with how the game will run. People do it on Warthunder tanks all the time so they can take longer shots.

• Upvote 1

GoTDTruth

There will always be people attempting to gain an advantage in-game. However, this is going to be limited by the options available to the players. There is usually difference between reducing graphical settings for vegetation detail and making it disappear by having a turn off grass option or decreasing render distance for objects. Sometimes reducing settings on something like a bush will only make it more blocky and harder to see through. If any option is noticed to give a major advantage ingame it should be reported to the devs as an exploit.

Edited by GoTDTruth
specification

TheTrainStation
21 minutes ago, GoTDTruth said:

There will always be people attempting to gain an advantage in-game. However, this is going to be limited by the options available to the players. There is usually difference between reducing graphical settings for vegetation detail and making it disappear by having a turn off grass option or decreasing render distance for objects. Sometimes reducing settings on something like a bush will only make it more blocky and harder to see through. If any option is noticed to give a major advantage ingame it should be reported to the devs as an exploit.

I want developers to find a way to make grass rendering on long distance viable. Because right now it doesn't do poo. And that's why i prefer urban or sub-urban enviroments more than open fields.e

ODD
7 hours ago, Drekal said:

Like in any game with people playing together. But don't worry, I don't think you'll encounter a raid with a team of 6 really often. So if the enemy PMC decide to play together to go through a raid, they'll have to use the in-game voice chat.

Good to see the first issue is countered. Shame about the 2nd issue.

The way Squad dealt with that second issue is simple, the enemy can't hear your comms. Whether it's local, squad or commander comms.

Edit: Just to clarify, lots of people put their settings to lowest in order to be able to see through foliage and in shadows etc. While the game looks beautiful in high, you're gonna die a lot to people who have their settings to low. Unless there's a counter?

Edited by ODD

Patfast

Lmao, I'm not running a toaster so no, I won't need to downgrade my graphics.

As for the TS issue, it's the same way in The Division and ARMA. That's just something that's going to happen and we need to accept that.

amensch
3 minutes ago, Patfast said:

Lmao, I'm not running a toaster so no, I won't need to downgrade my graphics.

As for the TS issue, it's the same way in The Division and ARMA. That's just something that's going to happen and we need to accept that.

Well, I hope the grass at distance won't be not rendered like in Arma. ^^

Patfast
Just now, amensch said:

Well, I hope the grass at distance won't be not rendered like in Arma. ^^

I don't think snipers will be as big a problem as in ARMA. I mean we've only confirmed the SV98 for the alpha, so at least it won't be a total clusterfuck of 15 different kinds of rifles. Not to mention that the overall engagement ranges seem much shorter due to the apparent lack of elevation.

Edited by Patfast

koliup

Prob gona go with 60 fps and good grafic if i can max it on 40-60 then be it i want the game to be good if i wana play comp i play somthink els rmember 1 bulet 1 kil so as long as your sniper you can max setiings :D

Elitepwnsface

Sure hope I don't have to play competitive. But no I want the full use out of my liquid cooled triple gtx 980ti

Edited by Elitepwnsface
sp

koliup

good damn on your ower kill machines :D

vicwiz007
16 hours ago, Patfast said:

I don't think snipers will be as big a problem as in ARMA. I mean we've only confirmed the SV98 for the alpha, so at least it won't be a total clusterfuck of 15 different kinds of rifles. Not to mention that the overall engagement ranges seem much shorter due to the apparent lack of elevation.

maybe for alpha, but for game eventually there will be a ton. I mean we already saw at least like 5 in that dev diary 2.5 dobrev arms thing or whatever. I can only see snipers working if you have a team though since in the stream all engagements started around mid range. So the sniper can sit back and wait for engagement to start, then he becomes useful

WTFOSAURUS

There will always be people who try to do what they can for an advantage, this is unavoidable. Personally, I will be running everything as high as possible!

Dragonslayer6160

Will run as high a graphic setting as my rig can handle at 60fps.

I heard the Unity engine EFT uses is not very demanding, sure hope that's true. :)