Matt85

recommend a headset?

so ive concluded using my computers speakers just isn't cutting it for Tarkov. can you guys/girls recommend a good headset to help me spot people via sound?

thank you!

-Matt

Edited by Matt85

If you're willing to flesh out a good chunk of money for $180 you can get the Sennheiser Game Zero.

Or the Logitech G930 for $120-$130 is a good alternative to the G430 stated above.

The Razer Kraken is a little Mainstream but the Audio Quality is okay-ish and also only costs around $80 to $90

Edited by CaptainIglo

If you don't mind missing out on having a mic, the Sennheiser hd 280 pro's are amazing and about 100$ sometimes less. they're a flat sound and used in music production commonly, so dual use if you ever try your hand at it. if you up your price to 140 you can just throw a modmic on the headphones like I have

I can vouch for Audio Tecnica - they may be potentially out of your price range, but my pair of Audio Tecnica ATH-M50x are amazing. The sound quality is just insane. Worth every dollar.

I must say, i just bought a HyperX Cloud Core, it's normal price was 60€ but it was on sale for 40€. best 40€ headphones i have ever bought. 53mm drivers and the bass is great even when not pluging it in a headphone amp.

They are the most comfortable headphones i have ever used. some memoryfoam on the cussions and they also have noice isolation done very well. They have aluminium sturdy build. they are not too heavy either. can wear these several hours.

Mic is nice, you can detach it when not in the mood for talking lol.

Sound Quality is amazing. and icing on the cake is 2 year warranty.

EDIT: i play PUBG sometimes, on that game, it definitely helps to have these headphones, i could hear a guy reloading a shotgun inside a house top stairs. well he died quickly. campers lol.

Edited by Jushi85

10 hours ago, Matt85 said:

so ive concluded using my computers speakers just isn't cutting it for Tarkov. can you guys/girls recommend a good headset to help me spot people via sound?

thank you!

-Matt

I was suffing from not hearing footsteps that well... 

So i bought a better headset 

Gets really good score every where, i am using them for 4 days i like them and they look nicely build.

Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro Plus

http://headphones.reviewed.com/content/beyerdynamic-custom-one-pro-plus-headphones-review

As mic i inserted this 

http://v-moda.com/boompro-microphone/

Really good mic also nice and small so it dont ends up in your coffee when you take a fast zip while playing ;) [ not the cheapest... but before i used the kingston  hyperx price around 75 euro nice headset but suffered the better sound aswell the mic was poo. GL with your pick 

Edited by ferrie

If you're willing to go to the higher end of the market, go for Sennheiser. I've had mine for two years now and they are unbelievable. When you hold them, they feel like they're made of shitty plastic and that they'll break immediatelly. However, having dropped these things from anywhere between 3 and 8 feet, I can tell you that they are unreal quality. Microphone is excellent, noise cancellation is impeccable and the sound clarity and quality is something that you would only find in a studio set. Keep in mind however that these will cost you anywhere between 200 and 400 bucks depending on where you live, BUT they are worth every single penny

I picked up a pair of HyperX Cloud IIs recently. They're not bad, but the fake surround sound just doesn't cut it... If you have the ports and the funds, get a headset with discreet surround sound. (I.e. each channel has its own cable) 'cause that's true surround.

I have the HyperX Cloud IIs and personally I believe they are the best bang-for-buck gaming headset out there. Great build quality, good sound reproduction, strong bass, and decent mic (which is fully adjustable). Also has great inline controls via the USB adapter.

I've personally used the Razer Krakens, Logitech G930s, and Hyper X Clouds.

Out of all of them I'd recommend the HyperX Cloud. Love each of them, but imo the Cloud was just so much more comfy for my ears.