AssassinsDecree

Game-Breaking Reload Glitch?

AssassinsDecree

Hey all,

So I already know about the mechanic where you double tap reload and throw the mag to the ground to hurry and get the new on in. This is definitely not that. That motion has a certain animation and you can hear the mag hit the ground.

I wanted to see if anyone else had this happen to them and if this was a glitch or yet a different mechanic.

1) Often when I go to reload a mag, especially a two-handed weapon like a the AK74u or the Saiga, i'll drop the mag to the ground but it happens when just performing a standard reload. Usually the mag should back in my tac vest, but instead it falls to the ground. No sound or animation is played and if you didn't look down at the ground or at your inventory as you are reloading, it is very easy to not realize you lost your mag. 

By every account this seems to be a glitch or bug and it is not replaceable by any action or set of actions I can find. Also, when it happens it continues happening from the start of a raid till the end. I'm not sure if restarting the game fixes it. 

2) Also I randomly can't check my chamber and I've never been able to check ammo. Again, I haven't had trouble with any of these things at times but at others they just don't work at all. Again the problems last all for the entire round when it happens and again it is random when this will or will-not happen.

3) Finally, now always have a glitch that when I crouch, I cannot stand back up with any key but the jump key. Very annoying and has gotten me killed as I press the crouch button to uncrouch in a panic only for nothing to happen. But I can crouch again with the crouch button and am stuck in crouch till i press jump or prone. Does this happen to anyone else? Oh and this only happens when playing as my main character while playing in an online raid. It never happens while playing as a Scav or as offline in the test modes.

I checked the forum for people having similar issues to these but didn't see any post about them. 

Playing on an Alienware gaming laptop if that helps devs narrow down the issue at all.

Thanks.

Exeagle

this is a real pain but its when you don't have enough room in the vest 

I can't remember what exactly causes it but make sure you have to major mag slots and not to little slots above each other cause it doesn't work i also know that if you only have 1 slot (the slot you take your new mag from it won't put the old mag in that slot you need to have a free one)  

Its deffinlty a real pain in the ass its best just to take 1 60 round ak mag in the gun with a single 30 round and a bunch of bullets easy way to get poo done and leaves enough room 

Edited by Exeagle

ApathyEnrage

You always need at least an empty mag slot that fits the mag you're reloading, so that means if you're using a SCAV vest with only 2 double sized mag slots, you can ONLY carry 1 extra mag and do normal reloads because technically you put the used mag into the empty slot, then take the fresh mag (Which opens up another slot for later reloading).

If you have a vest with 4 double sized mag slots, you can carry a maximum of 4 mags (1 loaded mag and 3 spares) if you want to keep all your mags when reloading. Same goes for small mags and your pockets / vests. Any time you take a mag out of your gun, it needs to fit somewhere or your guy tosses it instead of interrupting your reload.

v3n0mou5
10 hours ago, AssassinsDecree said:

1) Often when I go to reload a mag, especially a two-handed weapon like a the AK74u or the Saiga, i'll drop the mag to the ground but it happens when just performing a standard reload. Usually the mag should back in my tac vest, but instead it falls to the ground. No sound or animation is played and if you didn't look down at the ground or at your inventory as you are reloading, it is very easy to not realize you lost your mag. 

By every account this seems to be a glitch or bug and it is not replaceable by any action or set of actions I can find. Also, when it happens it continues happening from the start of a raid till the end. I'm not sure if restarting the game fixes it. 

2) Also I randomly can't check my chamber and I've never been able to check ammo. Again, I haven't had trouble with any of these things at times but at others they just don't work at all. Again the problems last all for the entire round when it happens and again it is random when this will or will-not happen.

3) Finally, now always have a glitch that when I crouch, I cannot stand back up with any key but the jump key. Very annoying and has gotten me killed as I press the crouch button to uncrouch in a panic only for nothing to happen. But I can crouch again with the crouch button and am stuck in crouch till i press jump or prone. Does this happen to anyone else? Oh and this only happens when playing as my main character while playing in an online raid. It never happens while playing as a Scav or as offline in the test modes.

1: there is no space in your vest, you should have an extra slot available to place the empty mag coming out of your gun.

2: try ALT+T and SHIFT+T (there will be a tekst on the bottom left of your screen)

3: Hold C and use the scroll wheel.

AssassinsDecree
8 hours ago, v3n0mou5 said:

1: there is no space in your vest, you should have an extra slot available to place the empty mag coming out of your gun.

2: try ALT+T and SHIFT+T (there will be a tekst on the bottom left of your screen)

Thanks so much, I'll give these suggestions a try tonight and let you know if it fixes said issues Pretty sure I've had the reload issue when my vest is fully empty, but will make a vid showing exactly what's happening if the issue persists. 

Cheers,

Merc

9 hours ago, ApathyEnrage said:

You always need at least an empty mag slot that fits the mag you're reloading, so that means if you're using a SCAV vest with only 2 double sized mag slots, you can ONLY carry 1 extra mag and do normal reloads because technically you put the used mag into the empty slot, then take the fresh mag (Which opens up another slot for later reloading).

If you have a vest with 4 double sized mag slots, you can carry a maximum of 4 mags (1 loaded mag and 3 spares) if you want to keep all your mags when reloading. Same goes for small mags and your pockets / vests. Any time you take a mag out of your gun, it needs to fit somewhere or your guy tosses it instead of interrupting your reload.

Cool, wow yea, I've never thought of all the intricacies in reloading until this game. I'll give these suggestions a try tonight. This game has so many cool features. I hope they keep expanding on the actual game and give everything a purpose just for the sake in gearing up. Very cool, solid foundation here so far.

PutinIsLove

For the reload, it's not a bug, if you press 2 times "R" it will throw the mag away.

v3n0mou5
7 hours ago, PutinIsLove said:

For the reload, it's not a bug, if you press 2 times "R" it will throw the mag away.

Indeed!, Often when your in a gun fight, you get excited, and you wil tap R to reload "quicker" 

just as pressing W in a racing game to go "faster" 

and then it will drop your mag

AssassinsDecree
11 hours ago, PutinIsLove said:

Nope I already mentioned I am aware of that mechanic, it's like literally the first thing in my post, lol. But others were right,  it was not having a extra empty slot in my vest. These sort of things should be explained somewhere in game. Is that what handbook will be one day? 

PutinIsLove
28 minutes ago, AssassinsDecree said:

Nope I already mentioned I am aware of that mechanic, it's like literally the first thing in my post, lol. But others were right,  it was not having a extra empty slot in my vest. These sort of things should be explained somewhere in game. Is that what handbook will be one day? 

My bad, I should have read everything :D

• Upvote 1

AssassinsDecree
12 minutes ago, PutinIsLove said:

My bad, I should have read everything :D

No worries, you tried to help. That's more than most do. Thanks :)

AssassinsDecree
On 8/14/2017 at 9:07 AM, v3n0mou5 said:

Everything suggested by everyone worked. Reloading was a vest space issue (which makes sense now that I understand what the game is trying to simulate). Being stuck in crouch can be fixed by holding the crouch button while scrolling the mouse wheel. Not sure what was going on with the chamber checking, but it works now, as does ammo checking (cool animations, btw devs).

For the sake of helping out others, I think the devs should explain in game the crouch and scroll wheel system. Besides this thread I had no idea such a mechanic was in the game, I don't think it's documented anywhere? 

Anyway, just wanted to update this that there seem to be no glitches with anything I mentioned. Great job BSG and thanks to everyone that responded for the help!

Have a great day everyone!

Edited by AssassinsDecree
Clarity

obnaj

i had a similiar problem here;

I had a saiga9 and i tried to reload it after a couple of shots and the mag clip is blinking in the scav rig i have and the animation is done but i cannot change weapon or to anything, tried all buttons there is, (discard,reload,weapon switch). literally tried it all. i end up losing everything becasue i cannot shoot or defend myself. 

I hope you can hotfix this bug.

Regards,

CADhammer

I think at least part of these issues will be addressed in .10.x

They are adding FULL customization to all of the complex control schemes, which also means full transparency regarding all of the moves.  I think this is a big part of whats going on, is understanding the complicated controls.

Also lots of little bugs.  So here's hoping .10 clears some of this up.

JCglitchmaster
On 8/26/2017 at 4:15 PM, AssassinsDecree said:

Everything suggested by everyone worked. Reloading was a vest space issue (which makes sense now that I understand what the game is trying to simulate). Being stuck in crouch can be fixed by holding the crouch button while scrolling the mouse wheel. Not sure what was going on with the chamber checking, but it works now, as does ammo checking (cool animations, btw devs).

For the sake of helping out others, I think the devs should explain in game the crouch and scroll wheel system. Besides this thread I had no idea such a mechanic was in the game, I don't think it's documented anywhere? 

Anyway, just wanted to update this that there seem to be no glitches with anything I mentioned. Great job BSG and thanks to everyone that responded for the help!

Have a great day everyone!

It is documented in certain load screens (gives you a full list of the advanced controls). Also be careful if you are using a weapon that takes only 1 slot for its mag when using a weapon that takes 2 slots at the same time. When you reload the single slot mag it prioritizes the first available slot which can result in you not noticing and dropping the mag of your other weapon when you go to reload that.

RageFu
On 8/14/2017 at 12:03 AM, AssassinsDecree said:

Hey all,

So I already know about the mechanic where you double tap reload and throw the mag to the ground to hurry and get the new on in. This is definitely not that. That motion has a certain animation and you can hear the mag hit the ground.

I wanted to see if anyone else had this happen to them and if this was a glitch or yet a different mechanic.

I checked the forum for people having similar issues to these but didn't see any post about them. 

Playing on an Alienware gaming laptop if that helps devs narrow down the issue at all.

Thanks.

1. You first remove the mag from the gun and try to place in the vest, if you have no space, he will drop it! After that he will pick a new mag and put into the gun. So you need space!

2. If you can`t check by right clicking and doing check mag, you cant still check it when you`re using it in a gun. ALT + T. Maybe its usefull.|

3. If you hold C and scroll the well, you will crouch in diferent heights, when you press C it will usually invert from one to the other, but if you changed you height a bit, you will probably be chaning between 2 near heights. Maybe when you try to stand there was something above you that did not allowed you to stand and that`s why you got another crouch position on your C.