Newtailz

Moderator for In-game Global chat?

Newtailz

If any of you guys ever wondered into the global chat, it is pretty toxic. Alot of trash talk, racism and overall profanity against other players. I even saw a player call another fellow gamer a a "poor black peasant" because he was complaining about lack of inventory space. and thats actually a quote I read from the global chat. It needs to be moderated and kept in check because this is really disheartening for new players coming in and asking for help. So any Moderator support or at least an option to report a chat that slurs racism and prejudice against players should be allowed. Thank you for reading.

LilNawtyLucia

The in game stuff is not handled with kiddy gloves like the forums are. I wouldnt expect any moderation what so ever.

necuja
19 minutes ago, LilNawtyLucia said:

The in game stuff is not handled with kiddy gloves like the forums are. I wouldnt expect any moderation what so ever.

Wrong! We have in game chat moderators and toxic crap like that will not be tolerated. The issue is the sketchy behaviour of the chat actually showing up for most, such as I never see it so I can't moderate it.

LilNawtyLucia
Just now, necuja said:

Wrong! We have in game chat moderators and toxic crap like that will not be tolerated. The issue is the sketchy behaviour of the chat actually showing up for most, such as I never see it so I can't moderate it.

Except it has been said by moderators that a lot of the rules on things like cursing, dont apply. Its a mature game, and you are never going to have the kind of moderation like you have on the forums, unless you want to have people baby sit the like 20 chats 24/7. It will get even worse with voice chat. You might get some, but the OP will never get the kind of moderation they hope for. 

It sucks that people are like that, but a lot of them are like that because they are forced to behave, but meh it is what it is. I wish you luck ;P

necuja

cursing is to be expected in a mature game but things like calling people a poor black peasant and obvious racism will not be tolerated, if im on i wont need luck as it would be ended

of course you need the people available to moderate and watch it, but im just saying when someone is actually there this behaviour is not tolerated

• Upvote 1

Reconic

Hello,

I am checking the chat as often as i can, but i honestly have not seen any racist or similar behaviour so far (luckly for them). But as @necuja said, this is definitely not going to be tolerated. We have plenty of new mods, so the chat will be more covered now.

• Upvote 1