TarkovCitizen517935

New player and AI WTF?!

TarkovCitizen517935

I'm a pretty new player, level 4, and have been for a while, even escaping on my main only gets a couple hundred exp? 

Anyway, I have been trying to play Shoreline, going for the AI scavs at the northern extraction point. 

Are they intended to be able to 360noscope you with one shot? I have literally crept around a corner to see a guy facing the other way, started shooting, watched their mid section contort round and one shot me. 

Numerous times this has happened in this location, not that im walking up to them, i creep or crawl, but by the time iv shot my second round with the pistol im dead, one shot fired by them, doesnt matter if they have pistols, rifles or shotguns. 

Am i the only one who finds the AI insanely overpowered? 

• Upvote 1

garderoben

I have been playing shorline line allot since beta, and since the latest patch that fixed the AI i dont have a problem with them any more.

TarkovCitizen517935
1 minute ago, garderoben said:

I have been playing shorline line allot since beta, and since the latest patch that fixed the AI i dont have a problem with them any more.

have you been to the northern extraction point? These seem to be the ones that give me trouble specifically. 

garderoben
Just now, zionburns said:

have you been to the northern extraction point? These seem to be the ones that give me trouble specifically. 

Its like the only one we use.

TarkovCitizen517935
Just now, garderoben said:

Its like the only one we use.

I need to start videoing then because iv never had a problem in any game like i have with these scavs. far far more difficult than players. 

Woodsen_Moosen

Hi @zionburns! The Scav AI is currently still a WIP, as is everything else in the game (remember, it's still early Beta, Escapers). You can find more information on Scav AI updates here. Also, don't forger that DeSync is still a common issue at the time so that may be part of the problem you're experiencing.

• Upvote 1

ghost_chab

AI really got nerfed last patch. They are now like drunk cheekis so I don't understand what you mean?

They are pretty easy to kill right now. Just don't get to close to them. And yes... once you fire a shot at them or if they hear your footsteps they will turn around 180 pretty fast, but I think that is pretty realistic. I mean how long does it take to turn around IRL?

Keep playing and you will get used to it ;) also you will get better.

My first time was a shock aswell.

Dioxety

8 minutes ago, ghost_chab said:

AI really got nerfed last patch. They are now like drunk cheekis so I don't understand what you mean?

They are pretty easy to kill right now. Just don't get to close to them. And yes... once you fire a shot at them or if they hear your footsteps they will turn around 180 pretty fast, but I think that is pretty realistic. I mean how long does it take to turn around IRL?

Keep playing and you will get used to it ;) also you will get better.

My first time was a shock aswell.

https://giant.gfycat.com/GranularBlackInexpectatumpleco.webm

this is drunk cheekis?

necuja

As @Woodsen_Moosen stated, we have an open discussion where information regarding ai is updated when changes occur.

If you have feedback to give on their current state please do so there